Hi Everyone
manwesulimo2004
Feb 16 2012, 10:57 AM
GMC:er
Heyaz.

I'm new. I won a six month membership on got-djent.com and look forward to shredding with you guys here.

So, my name's Josh and I love music! I mostly listen to progressive metal and progressive rock, lots of djent, some post-rock and also a bit of doom/stoner/sludge. I used to play the piano, hated it at first (my mum forced me to play) and then suddenly started enjoying it after about six years. I think I played for about twelve years but had to stop five years ago. It was really hard at first and I bought an acoustic guitar, hoping to fill the hole. Unfortunately it didn't really work and I placed the guitar in a corner of the room, where it continued to collect dust for a long time.

Anyway, now I'm trying to get into this instrument and I've been playing more recently. Some of the pieces I like to play are Mexico by Incubus, Heal Over by KT Tunstall and Stumbleine by The Smashing Pumpkins (so that's basically cheesy pop music). I think I'm better at picking/plucking than strumming. Actually, I'm terrible at strumming. Getting the rhythm/groove right can be hard and I can't switch positions with my left hand fast enough.

So yeah, that's a bit about myself. I'm a guitar beginner and hope I can take things to the next level with the help of the community here.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 16 2012, 11:28 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Josh, welcome to GMC smile.gif
You are gonna love it here and your playing will get better in no time wink.gif

Christian

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 16 2012, 12:11 PM
Instructor
Hi Josh, welcome to GMC !

That's very cool that you had a grounding in piano. Although guitar and piano are not the same, time served in one instrument does translate over to others too, with rhythm and dexterity. smile.gif

So strumming is being an issue, you say ? Look no further than Bear Rose's Beginner Corner, which is the Strum 101 !! cool.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Bear-Rose/

They're incredibly poular and we've seen absolutely tons of guitarists who have transformed their rhythm ability just by studying those lessons !

+Quote Post
manwesulimo2004
Feb 17 2012, 07:19 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 16 2012, 12:11 PM) *
So strumming is being an issue, you say ? Look no further than Bear Rose's Beginner Corner, which is the Strum 101 !! cool.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Bear-Rose/

They're incredibly poular and we've seen absolutely tons of guitarists who have transformed their rhythm ability just by studying those lessons !

Thanks man. I will check it out.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 17 2012, 09:20 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Josh ! We are here to help you in any way smile.gif. I hope that you will be active on the forum because it's the best way to help you to understand and overcome mistakes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 18 2012, 01:24 AM
Welcome Josh smile.gif Congrats on winning the contest! This is a truly amazing community here @ GMC and you are going to grow by leaps and bounds as a player in your time here. Pick some collabs to join, try a rec lesson, hop in to the almost daily video chats, start absorbing and practicing and bingo! Instant better smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:36 PM