2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Sound Advice
besip
Apr 17 2009, 04:08 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Sircraigery @ Apr 16 2009, 11:03 PM) *
It's normal for a guitar with a fixed bridge to have better sustain. Are you using the same gauge strings on both guitars?

not sure actualy i'm have on ltd ernie ball slinky 9/11 and on jackson some unknow becouse i'm buy the guitar few month ago but i'm wasn't play a lot becouse i'm still injured..actualy i'm wana put on jackson also Erniie ball

i'm know the fixed bridge guitar has a better sustain but i'm have to tell you i'm was see 1 of best sustain guitar on youtube with Tremolo bridge...but i'm not sure what kind of guitar that was..i'm just remeber they compare there the guitar with LP studio and the tremolo guitar was 1000 % better..i'm was really suprise

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by besip: Apr 17 2009, 04:13 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Apr 17 2009, 04:20 AM
Hmm, maybe try taking it in for a pro set up when you go to re-place the strings. I replace my strings every month whether I think they need it or not (cuz they almost always do). I've never had a good one done by a pro, but I did take in mine for him to look at and play, and he said I set it up really well so I didn't bother spending the cash on it (Craig -> uni-student). Once I get some spare cash again (I'm broke because of the Mesa purchase), I'm going to drop it off just to be safe.

I'm kind of out of ideas for you dude haha.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Apr 17 2009, 10:31 AM
Learning Tone Master
Besip your problem is really simple:

Your LTD has ceramic magnet pickups and the Jackson has Alnico V magnet pickups!!!

Ceramic pickups have more output, a sharper tone, more attack and more high end then Alnico V magnets, who sound warmer, smoother. You are used to the ruff sound of your old pickups and you became accustomed to their tone and now you have completely diffrent pickups and you miss the old tone.

You can do two things:

1. Get accustomed to the SH-4, it sounds diffrent but it is a way better sounding pickup then the cheap ESP pickups you have, it is just not a straigh out metal pickup more of an allrounder.

2. Get a Seymour Duncan SH-6 for the bridge, it has a ceramic magnet and it will give you the sound youre looking for in your Jackson, it is a screaming metal pickup that will sound 10times better than the viper!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
besip
Apr 17 2009, 12:52 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Apr 17 2009, 05:31 AM) *
Besip your problem is really simple:

Your LTD has ceramic magnet pickups and the Jackson has Alnico V magnet pickups!!!

Ceramic pickups have more output, a sharper tone, more attack and more high end then Alnico V magnets, who sound warmer, smoother. You are used to the ruff sound of your old pickups and you became accustomed to their tone and now you have completely diffrent pickups and you miss the old tone.

You can do two things:

1. Get accustomed to the SH-4, it sounds diffrent but it is a way better sounding pickup then the cheap ESP pickups you have, it is just not a straigh out metal pickup more of an allrounder.

2. Get a Seymour Duncan SH-6 for the bridge, it has a ceramic magnet and it will give you the sound youre looking for in your Jackson, it is a screaming metal pickup that will sound 10times better than the viper!

oohh you all ready give me same answer when we talk abouth the sustain on my jackson..The answer made sence..i'm know there is lot of profesional metal group who play over SH-4 brutal metal but they have probably diferent Amp like i'm do biggrin.gif

looks like i'm have 3 options
1.try to play with the knobs or new equipment if i'm buy some and looking for sound what i'm like
2. change the pickup
3 or buy 1 more axe{for example something like your Epiphone} rolleyes.gif

thanks for your reply again cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Apr 17 2009, 01:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
Those bands play the Sh-4 because they like it's characteristics. It's warm sounding, it does not have very much heights because it has very much output for a Alnico V pickup. If you want a brutal tone out of it you will need a crushing amp with enough distortion.

--------------------

Gear:

- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
29a
Apr 17 2009, 01:06 PM
QUOTE (besip @ Apr 17 2009, 01:52 PM) *
3 or buy 1 more axe{for example something like your Epiphone} rolleyes.gif
That's what I tell my girlfriend all the time tongue.gif Oh only one more!!!

Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
besip
Apr 17 2009, 11:54 PM
QUOTE (29a @ Apr 17 2009, 08:06 AM) *
That's what I tell my girlfriend all the time tongue.gif Oh only one more!!!

Jonas

haha laugh.gif if i'm be have lot of money i'm be maybe don't ask her tongue.gif

QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Apr 17 2009, 08:05 AM) *
Those bands play the Sh-4 because they like it's characteristics. It's warm sounding, it does not have very much heights because it has very much output for a Alnico V pickup. If you want a brutal tone out of it you will need a crushing amp with enough distortion.

you right for example Arch enemy use SH-4 the sound is pretty hard and heavy but no so brutal like guys who play over Emg for example

looks like i try save money and buy 1 more axe tongue.gif i'm like epiphone,,also esp ec 1000 and i'm geting on V styles Ex styles or Dean tongue.gif

what is you advice for sounding more brutal..i mean like cut gain add mids???
i'm probably not gonna change those pickups yet for sure becouse i'm crazy and when i do that i'm will start missing the Sh-4 laugh.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Apr 18 2009, 12:18 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Apr 18 2009, 12:25 AM
Learning Tone Master
Sure get another guitar! A Heavy Metal Beast^^

Heavy sound can't be defined really because the final sound is determined by the whole band! You're guitar tone can be extremely brutal but if bass and drums play weak and untight there will be no heavy sound.

Some Examples:

-Pantera: Dimebag has almost no mids in his tone, a lot of low and high end and way too much distortion. The guitar sound is really brutal sounding but also very thin sounding as the mids are missing. Pantera would be nothing without the extremely tight bass and drums because dimes tone would have no solid base...

-Opeth: The guitar tone is not very heavy, almost a rock tone but they play death metal and sound like it - because of their great drummer

-Lamb Of God: Their guitar tone seems to be pretty brutal, in fact they don't use much distortion because they would loose definition. Their guitartone is only a crunch tone but the two guitarsts play so tight together that their two crunchy sounds add together to one heavy sounding guitar line!

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Apr 18 2009, 06:30 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Youtube is a public place and you are playing metal rock in a pijama ? wink.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
besip
Apr 18 2009, 10:15 PM
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Apr 18 2009, 01:30 PM) *
Youtube is a public place and you are playing metal rock in a pijama ? wink.gif

Man i'm 33 i'm not using pijama for few years smile.gif If you talk abouth the pants{home pants} smile.gif
not sure if you talk abouth Pyjama????

Btw-anyway why not in Pyjama or Pijama if Pijama isn't Pyjama biggrin.gif
specialy metal and rock you can play with any kind of clothes or naked mellow.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Apr 19 2009, 11:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ahah, sorry man, didn't know how to call those home pants. That kind of pants are not really common around here. smile.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
besip
Apr 20 2009, 02:05 AM
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Apr 19 2009, 06:18 PM) *
Ahah, sorry man, didn't know how to call those home pants. That kind of pants are not really common around here. smile.gif

btw -thanks for your reply to sound advice question biggrin.gif
take easy smile.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:52 AM