4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Which Band You'd Wish To Like..., But you don't
Kapto
Aug 1 2008, 11:33 AM
GMC:er
Have you ever listened to a band and left it and come back and give it another try and another and another but never gets you and you wish that that band would be among the others you like but for some reason never works.
Mine would be RUSH. I can never get used to the bass/singer. I love the music but can't stand the voice at all and god knows I tried and I tried to get used to..............but no... it won't happen sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
InThePast
Aug 1 2008, 12:00 PM
Yes that happens to me alot cant remember the exact band names but ive tried listening to lots and just never gone back

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Signature By:Me

Guitars:Ibanez RG370 , Ashton SG131
Amp:Shitty Ashton Practice
Effects:DODFX7 , Bad Monkey , JackHammer , TonePort UX1 , Pocket Pod

+Quote Post
stickyfingers
Aug 1 2008, 12:14 PM
racer x -.-

i hate his voice. sounds like a squeezed frog :/

--------------------
Equip:
Ibanez RG 570
Ibanez RG 547
Boss GT-10
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Ibanez WD7
Fender Deluxe 112 Reverb

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 1 2008, 12:43 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
It was DT and Steve Vai, but not anymore. I find that for example i'll not like listening to someone like Greg Howe, and then when i heard Guthtie Govan who was more on the rock side of fusion (i think) i started liking Greg Howe.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 1 2008, 01:35 PM
Led Zepplin.. it seems everyone is a led zepplin fan.. not me, just can't do it.. i would love to be able to talk led zepplin with people and have something good to say but i can't, their alot like metallica to me, when they first came out they did something original which grabbed the attention of everyone, but now that rock and metal are common practice they just seem really generic to me because they never advanced past that original state. or maybe they did and i just didn't notice biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 1 2008, 03:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Dream Theater and Rush. In both cases, love all the musicians, can't stand the singing.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
stickyfingers
Aug 1 2008, 03:48 PM
i forgot to mention dream theater - again issues with his voice while i like their riffing. ;D

--------------------
Equip:
Ibanez RG 570
Ibanez RG 547
Boss GT-10
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Ibanez WD7
Fender Deluxe 112 Reverb

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 1 2008, 03:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
Nevermore because Warrel Dane's voice is damn annyoing but the music rules, and Buckethead because 10% of his music is brilliant and the other 90% are just noises and annoying sounds...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Alex87
Aug 1 2008, 03:53 PM
The 2 big artist i never really liked have to be Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen.
And i can agree on the voice in Rush and DT aswell.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender Lead I - 1979, Hamer Steven Stevens sign. (modified) - 1986, Cort western, Santana acoustic

Amps:
Laney Lionheart LH5, Roland Cube 20 (the original orange one)

Effects (on board):
Boss TU-2 Tuner, Homebrew CPR Compressor, EHX Small Stone, Maxon OD-9 Overdrive, Mad Professor Mellow Yellow Tremolo, Boss DD-2, Carl Martin DeLayla XL, TC Electronic SCF1 Chorus/Flanger/Pitch Mod.

Effects (spare):
Boss OD-1 Overdrive, Boss CE-2 Chrous, Boss CS-1 Compressor, Schaller Volume Control, Boss PH-2 Phaser, Boss RV-2 Reverb

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 1 2008, 03:57 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Alex87 @ Aug 1 2008, 10:53 AM) *
The 2 big artist i never really liked have to be Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen.
And i can agree on the voice in Rush and DT aswell.

I used to really not like either of them as well, but now I love them both. Any particular reason why?

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 1 2008, 04:02 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Iron Maiden. I have tried to listened to them because everybody else like them but i stop right away and i dont know why

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Aug 1 2008, 04:04 PM
Yes that happens alot.
Recent examples are Wolfmother and Airbourne. I know I'm supposed to love them but I simply don't.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Alex87
Aug 1 2008, 04:16 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 1 2008, 04:57 PM) *
I used to really not like either of them as well, but now I love them both. Any particular reason why?

I really digged in their music style and listened to many of both artists songs, and played them aswell.There ofcourse are a few songs i liked compared to other, but i just think in general their style isn't much what im about (dare i say boring, just an opinion) tho i have a very huge taste for almost all music

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender Lead I - 1979, Hamer Steven Stevens sign. (modified) - 1986, Cort western, Santana acoustic

Amps:
Laney Lionheart LH5, Roland Cube 20 (the original orange one)

Effects (on board):
Boss TU-2 Tuner, Homebrew CPR Compressor, EHX Small Stone, Maxon OD-9 Overdrive, Mad Professor Mellow Yellow Tremolo, Boss DD-2, Carl Martin DeLayla XL, TC Electronic SCF1 Chorus/Flanger/Pitch Mod.

Effects (spare):
Boss OD-1 Overdrive, Boss CE-2 Chrous, Boss CS-1 Compressor, Schaller Volume Control, Boss PH-2 Phaser, Boss RV-2 Reverb

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Aug 1 2008, 05:16 PM
Actually, no, there are no bands like that. I don't see why anyone would like to like a band they don't like.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 1 2008, 05:33 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Aug 1 2008, 12:16 PM) *
Actually, no, there are no bands like that. I don't see why anyone would like to like a band they don't like.

I'm just saying, I wish dream theater and rush would get new singers biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2008, 06:10 PM
Instructor
Amazing topic! I remember that when I was 15 (11 years ago) I wanted to like Dream Theater and used to listen to Images and Words only enjoying the song Pull me under. I always gave it new chances and never get convinced of the other sons.... so I tried with another abum.. Awake, In the first auditions happened the same to me but then I started to remember the melodies the solos and finally I loved it. Then I became a DT fan and started to enjoy all their albums.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
stickyfingers
Aug 1 2008, 06:17 PM
there should be a workshop on mixing out bad singing in otherwise perfect songs tongue.gif

--------------------
Equip:
Ibanez RG 570
Ibanez RG 547
Boss GT-10
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Ibanez WD7
Fender Deluxe 112 Reverb

+Quote Post
Kapto
Aug 1 2008, 10:36 PM
DT got me straight away. I borrowed A Changed of Seasons. The first thing that really got me was M Portnoy. I thought wow what a drummer then the sound so clean and accurate playing. I bought Images and Words and Metropolis just blew me away then I bought Awake. For many DT fans the best album but not for me at all. I don't like La Brie forcing his voice that's why some parts sound right to ones and wrong to some others it's a matter of taste really.
The band I am happy now with is Symphony X. It has taken me a long while but finally I love them very much wink.gif. Right now it's the band I play the most.
.....and still don't like RUSH what a waste of a nice music mad.gif

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."

+Quote Post
black and white
Aug 1 2008, 10:49 PM
HAPPY TO BE ALONE ON THIS.......LOVE RUSH

Also had the opportunity to spend some time with them years back in a non musical setting and they were super, super nice.

Grew up in high school listening to rush and still have great memories of them.......

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Aug 1 2008, 11:31 PM
This might suprise everyone, but for me its Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I dont like the voice of the singer, and most of the songs annoy me, such as Give It Away.

The only song I can actually listen to by RHCP is Californication and thats it. The rest I really can't get into

--------------------

Signature Made By Spleeny

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift "

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:51 AM