4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Which Band You'd Wish To Like..., But you don't
Kizaze44
Aug 1 2008, 11:43 PM
GMC:er
Dave Matthews and Phish - can't stand them but my 3 brothers love them. Why not me???!!?! I've really tried!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Aug 2 2008, 12:00 AM
Hmm, probably Zeppelin and Iced Earth.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Aug 2 2008, 04:21 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Guns and Roses...(I think somebody will kill me for this). Pretty much the same Kapto said about RUSH.

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Slammer
Aug 2 2008, 04:37 AM
For me I'd have to say... DT, While I've listened to alot of their songs, I've never really been able to get into them so much.

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Aug 2 2008, 04:40 AM
Neurosis, DT and Rush...

+Quote Post
Xicoria
Aug 2 2008, 06:01 AM
For me something inverse happened...

I use to listen a lot Kreator. Now, I dont manage to keep the CD on more than a minute... what is that? My age, do I became an old man?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Aug 2 2008, 06:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
Dream Theatre, Dave Matthews, Radiohead,

However, I love Rush smile.gif

How can you guys not like Maiden or Iced Earth ohmy.gif Can;t be the singing smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
VinceG
Aug 2 2008, 06:58 AM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Aug 2 2008, 10:17 AM) *

How can you guys not like Maiden or Iced Earth ohmy.gif Can;t be the singing smile.gif

The music of Iced Earth is just too boring for me.

The new album also sucked hard, but thats also coming from a guy who can't like anything Iced Earth have done.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Aug 2 2008, 11:16 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Aug 2 2008, 06:17 AM) *

Sometimes people don't like a band because of the feeling it gives to you...smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Duncan
Aug 5 2008, 12:47 PM
This thread is so stupid. Why would you wish to like a band that you don't? To fit in or what?

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Aug 5 2008, 12:57 PM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Aug 5 2008, 01:47 PM) *
This thread is so stupid. Why would you wish to like a band that you don't? To fit in or what?

I agree.

Talking about bands that are ruined by the singer tho, my vote goes to Megadeth.

--------------------

+Quote Post
black and white
Aug 5 2008, 01:20 PM
B fox? What is exactly going on in that avatar of yours?

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Aug 5 2008, 01:22 PM
QUOTE (black and white @ Aug 5 2008, 02:20 PM) *
B fox? What is exactly going on in that avatar of yours?

Look here

--------------------

+Quote Post
black and white
Aug 5 2008, 01:30 PM
That is very funny

+Quote Post
Darfuria
Aug 5 2008, 01:36 PM
Ah, Metallica, Pantera, Nine Inch Nails...

--------------------
Want a website for you or your band? http://www.websiteformyband.com

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 5 2008, 06:44 PM
Another 1 here.. Fear Factory + Divine Heracy.. i absolutly love the 8 string guitar riffs, they are heavy but the vocals just make me wanna cry.. for both bands, they have songs i can tollerate but they both just remind me of a worst version of messugah ( Note: Divine Heracy and Fear Factory are basically the same band biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Aug 6 2008, 12:37 AM
Hope I don't offend anyone here, but Led Zeppelin, Opeth, Iron Maiden, Guns n' Roses, Van Halen, and AC/DC. They all seem like completely average musicians making completely average music, and don't understand how any of them became famous.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kapto
Aug 6 2008, 03:00 AM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Aug 5 2008, 12:47 PM) *

It happens that some time you come across an interesting band that gets your attention for a while but for some reason there's something musically that is not of your taste or you're not used to it and you put it off. Later on you for some reason someone loves that band and tells you why or you read good reviews of a certain album and you decide to give it another try. Thanks to that I'm into bands that I really love now. Latest case ---------Symphony X----------- Some others never worked. Most of the time happens not to be the right time but as you grow older your tastes vary I'm sure it'll happen to you like everybody else.
That's why I don't see this threat so stupid.

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 6 2008, 11:14 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Aug 6 2008, 01:37 AM) *
Hope I don't offend anyone here, but Led Zeppelin, Opeth, Iron Maiden, Guns n' Roses, Van Halen, and AC/DC. They all seem like completely average musicians making completely average music, and don't understand how any of them became famous.

Hmm.. Completely average musicians? Van Halen is an average guitarplayer you say?? blink.gif

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 6 2008, 11:49 AM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Aug 5 2008, 07:37 PM) *

I will disagree due to the fact that these bands have written some of the greatest songs of our age. Perhaps they are average Guitarists or Drummers, but as far as musicianship goes this is why they have become famous. Catchy songs and great riffs for bands like AC/DC, Led Zepplin, Guns n' Roses. Infact most really good rock bands don't get good because they are technical but just because they write great music. Opeth i am not offended so much as want to convince you they are something else. My Challenge is for you to go out and find me a band that sounds like them. Find a deathmetal vocalist who can sing as cleanly as Michael Akerfelt and growl better than any other growler ive heard, find a drummer who mix's latin beats with blastbeats to create some epic drums to cover spans of up to 10 minute long songs. Find me music this beautiful and this unpredictable and ill say okay your right Opeth is un original and does not deserve the fame they get.. but im pritty sure this is a challenge you cannot win smile.gif

P.S if you say between the buried and me i will agree that they are intence, but they are nothing like opeth smile.gif

As for ironmaiden, they seem average until you realise they are the first of their kind, Iron Maiden is the cause of Heavy Metal (IMO!) When they started it was new, and you have to treat them as though every band you hear that sounds like Maiden probably just ripped off Maiden biggrin.gif

Im not trying to attack you i just have different opinions and they are stated above smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smikey2006: Aug 6 2008, 11:49 AM

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:48 PM