Slipknot All Hope Is Gone
edguy
Aug 30 2008, 08:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys the new Slipknot Album is out for a week.

Did you buy it? I bought it and I have to say it is very good. No wait it is amazing.
In my opinion Corey Tailor is one of the best Metal singers at the moment and all the songs are so powerful.

What do you think?

Edguy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Davidian
Aug 30 2008, 08:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
It's a very nice album! A lot of heavy riffs and solo's biggrin.gif
IMO, it's the best Slipknot album...
Plus they show that they're not just good at making heavy songs, but also in making ballads (Snuff...)
Awesome cd!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Aug 30 2008, 08:58 PM
GMC:er
Same old same old. Tthroughout there career, they have ridden the bandwagon of trendy metal. I admit, self-titled wasn't bad since it was somewhat original, but the albums that preceded it was just more straightforward and not that originality in S/T. Now there doing solos and somewhat blast beats, music is predictable, lots of recycled riffs, that stupid melodic singing on the chorus... seriously, whatever happened to (sic). Also, 9 members? Cryptopsy is a 4 member band, and yet there heavier than slipknot... whats up with that?

Corey Taylor likes to whine like a baby too. God this guys ego is getting outta hand.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Aug 30 2008, 09:12 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 30 2008, 08:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
Best Slipknot record so far! Less NU more METAL, great singing (as always) and great guitarwork (including solos, yeah)

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
2mazzo
Aug 30 2008, 09:19 PM
I think its a good album.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP M-I/FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez AEF37E Acoustic
Kimbara Classical

Amp: Kustom Quad 100DFX 100watt 2x12" Combo

Gear: Line6 Pod XT Live with all model packs

Midi controller: M-Audio Ozone

Software: RiffWorks, Cubase SX, Cubase Sequel and Guitar Pro 5.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Aug 30 2008, 11:09 PM
it was really average. @ vince; that Crytopsy video was insane, i love that song. too bad the new album sucks.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2008, 12:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Aug 30 2008, 04:59 PM) *
Best Slipknot record so far! Less NU more METAL, great singing (as always) and great guitarwork (including solos, yeah)

100 % agree. I'm not a Slipknot fan but this album is their best one for me... the sound blows my mind )as always), the drummer is assasin (as always), the riffs are great and the addition of solos to the songs makes every song more amazing and the increase in the use of clean voice let them compose really amazing melodies and choruses.
If they continue doing albums like this one maybe I'll became a fan... biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SirEld
Aug 31 2008, 02:52 PM
I love Mick, he looks so insane with that mask! I started to listen to Slipknot because I thought their mask were cool when I was younger hehe.

Didn't know they made a new album, gonna check it out smile.gif

--------------------
Ibanez RG 3EX1

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
Sep 3 2008, 12:00 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
If you ignore all the general hype around slipknot, the masks, the nine members, and the millions of whiny depressed teenagers that listen to them you will actually find the band are surprisingly......

Good?

All hope is gone is my fave slipknot record definitely Corey has a fantastic voice the drumming is excellent and for this record even the guitar is phenominal too!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Sep 3 2008, 04:22 AM
Listen to Testament

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Sep 4 2008, 07:35 PM
Best slipknot record i've heard.

Oh and by the way take a look at this.
http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/video_news...ic_recount.html

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
Soolas
Sep 8 2008, 03:10 PM
Yes I have bought the new album on Saturday ! and for me it's the best one. Also it helps to wake up if you drive to work at 05:30 ! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitar: Mayones Setius Pro Lizard, Epiphone G-400
Amp: VOX AD30VT-XL

my english is not the best!!! ;-)

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Sep 11 2008, 07:15 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I got it too. I dig it. A little bit more melodic than previous but it seems Corey's style is changing.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
steiner666
Sep 19 2008, 09:59 PM
i'm with VinceG on this one. in my opinion, the album title says it all for slipknot.

--------------------
ESP LTD MH-400NT (EMG 81/85 set, D'Addario Skinny Top/Fat Bottom strings)
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 19 2008, 10:14 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (VinceG @ Aug 30 2008, 09:58 PM) *
Same old same old. Tthroughout there career, they have ridden the bandwagon of trendy metal. I admit, self-titled wasn't bad since it was somewhat original, but the albums that preceded it was just more straightforward and not that originality in S/T. Now there doing solos and somewhat blast beats, music is predictable, lots of recycled riffs, that stupid melodic singing on the chorus... seriously, whatever happened to (sic). Also, 9 members? Cryptopsy is a 4 member band, and yet there heavier than slipknot... whats up with that?

Corey Taylor likes to whine like a baby too. God this guys ego is getting outta hand.

Dave Brockie sure knows how to speak his mind biggrin.gif

I'm not a big fan of either though..

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Sep 19 2008, 10:14 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:40 AM