What Strings To Use?, Wondering the best set of strings to use for Goo Goo dolls tunings
speezy
Jan 28 2008, 06:42 AM
GMC:er
Hey, im trying to figure out what mix of string sizes/sets to use to get the best volume and tone out of my guitar when i tune to Goo Goo dolls tunings. The songs i like to play are Iris, (Tuning: BDDDDD) Name (Tuning: DAEAAE) Black Balloon (i think half step down from name) and Better Days, which i cant remember the tuning. So far i have just used a regular set of strings, medium or 12s, and when i tune the guitar, the low strings are too tight, and the higher strings are too loose (or way too tight, like we have gone through many strings trying to tune to name) So i was wondering if anyone had any tips on what mix of strings i should use to get the most out of these songs. Im using a Seagull 6 string and a Seagull 12 string. If you can help, that would be awesome

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Bondy
Jan 28 2008, 08:48 AM
Learning Roadie
Try Ernie ball hybrid slinky's heavy bottom end and a light top there great i have used em for ages

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 28 2008, 03:19 PM
Instructor
Now I buy them in www.webstrings.com, cheap and good enough wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 28 2008, 03:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow they really are cheap are they good quality

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
speezy
Feb 1 2008, 02:10 AM
sorry i didnt specify, im using acoustic guitars, does that narrow it down any?

+Quote Post
swingline
Feb 1 2008, 02:32 AM
I prefer Elixirs.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Feb 1 2008, 03:14 AM
ww.webstrings.com are great strings. Read their FAQ page. There are only 4 manufacturers of strings and the companies are just buying them from those 4 and slapping their name on the front. It's as with electronics products. Sony owns the Vizio line of TV's.

I've been using the webstrings for about 8 months or so and I'm completely satisfied. They ship quickly and have quite a bit to pick from. Heavy top light bottom, Heavy bottom Light top. They won't carry coated strings as when I started buying from them I had been using coated DR's so I asked if they had a coated line. Their response was that they don't and have no intentions to as they felt that coated strings didn't sound as bright as straight nickel. I tried that out for myself....one of my guitars had a fairly fresh set of coated strings on it and after stringing one of my other guitars up with a nickel set you definitely hear the difference in the two. I didn't plug in and compare but the coated strings sounded somewhat muffled IMO. Anyway, I dig the webstrings product and the price and put in a plug for them everytime someone asks about strings.

This post has been edited by SDMF75: Feb 1 2008, 03:14 AM

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:12 PM