Effects Loop Woes
Marc_Maiden
Apr 2 2009, 04:40 PM
GMC:er
hey guys, so i started to add to my pedal board! (yay) not much, but i bought myself a boss rev/delay pedal and a chorus (pretty much the only effects i ever use!

(btw im running a mesa mark I)
now here are some things im running into:

-i have to turn the output level of the effects loop down almost to 0 to not get any weird interference

-i cant figure out which is send and which is return (i know it sounds retarded) but there is an "in and out" and im not sure which is which....i tried one combo, and i got a really yucky hum, then i tried the other way which seems to work....

-because i turned the output of my effects loop down (i used to have 1 cable running into the effects loop and output all the way up to inscrease the gain but now that i dont do that, i get significantly lower output volume where i can turn the amp to 2/10 for a normal volume (before i had to keep it at 1)

so are all these things part of the effects loop life? or because im using a vintage amp mine is a little whack?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Marc_Maiden   Effects Loop Woes   Apr 2 2009, 04:40 PM
- - MickeM   Send, sends the signal OUT from the preamp Return,...   Apr 2 2009, 06:20 PM
|- - kjutte   Serial loop?   Apr 2 2009, 06:45 PM
|- - Marc_Maiden   QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 2 2009, 10:20 AM) Sen...   Apr 2 2009, 08:12 PM
nnn
- - 29a   Do you also get this strange noise when you set th...   Apr 2 2009, 09:10 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:11 PM