16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
The League Of Extraordinary Axemen, Instructor/Students video collaboration
Jim S.
Sep 10 2013, 03:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 10 2013, 04:23 AM) *
I heard Your playing Jim a few timesand I'm sure You can do better then this! smile.gif Try to choose one solo slot like were the drums starts and before the break with snare drum fill. Instead of trying to play something long, try to focus to make something awesome in the shorter part. Also try to play less at the beginning so the tension would grow through all the verse part.

Thanks Darius, I know this is not my best work. Since loosing my amp I have been working so hard on trying a setup that works and as that is not an excuse for sloppy playing, it does make a difference when you do not hear the sound you want from your instrument as your playing. Ive been working on so many projects from programming drums to working on amps to trying to learn some of the videos on this site, My brain is partially fried. blink.gif mad.gif Ill get it though..

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 10 2013, 04:41 AM) *
Hey mate - regarding that tapping sequence - I think that the only thing you need to focus on, would be to play those notes that you bend in the correct pitch. That can be achieved if you practice the tapping part slowly and anticipate the moment in which you shift from tapping to bending, so that it won't catch you unaware wink.gif The ideas are good, but the next step is to practice them so that you can get the most of each one. This is one good point of starting out - fixing those bends after tapping - 01:11 for instance and in the tapping sequence before, there's a weird note smile.gif Break down the lick so that you may understand exactly what you are playing and when, ok?

That is a good point, when I do go into the solo section I have no thought out part yet. So it's just a free for all. Ill take my ideas and work out little segments just like the covers I am learning. I do need to bend to the right notes, I will do better!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jim Seekford: Sep 10 2013, 03:27 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 10 2013, 05:21 PM
Instructor
I can understan You very well Jim - our amp tone also determines the way we compose. I think You could walk around a bit listening to that backing and than try to come with some "from the heart" version smile.gif Those usually happen without any instrument in our hands smile.gif)))

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Sep 10 2013, 05:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 10 2013, 12:21 PM) *
I can understan You very well Jim - our amp tone also determines the way we compose. I think You could walk around a bit listening to that backing and than try to come with some "from the heart" version smile.gif Those usually happen without any instrument in our hands smile.gif)))

Ill do just that!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2013, 06:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 10 2013, 06:28 AM) *

Hi mate, this is a good first idea to start working on this solo. I think that there are some cool parts there that can be improved with some work that will make this solo more defined.

There is something that you could apply that will make your melodies sound more connected with the backing. The chord progression is all the time Bm and A. If you pay attention, the track starts with a Bm, but then there is a movement between both chord (4 measures each one).

Using the arpeggios and triads of each chord to focus on target notes and using the other notes from the scale as passing notes could improve a lot your phrasing. The cool part is that you just have to learn 2 arpeggios: Bm & A.

Experiment with this and let me know about the results!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2013, 10:28 AM
Instructor
Hello Dieter! Gabe's suggestions are very good and I would also come up with an idea - based on Gabe's advice try to come up with a melody - regardless of how simple, that you can remember - something which will become a repetitive theme and that can stick to the mind of the listener! Deal? Why not make a few tryouts and we can select the best and catchiest one together smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 11 2013, 10:39 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2013, 11:28 AM) *
Hello Dieter! Gabe's suggestions are very good and I would also come up with an idea - based on Gabe's advice try to come up with a melody - regardless of how simple, that you can remember - something which will become a repetitive theme and that can stick to the mind of the listener! Deal? Why not make a few tryouts and we can select the best and catchiest one together smile.gif

I am on It smile.gif

The feeling for the melody i found already i now try to find out the moment`s when i have to use/change to B or A line.

In mind i work with B minor scale and A scale right now

Sure i will post more tryouts !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Sep 11 2013, 07:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm in with my super ability to grow facial hair biggrin.gif
Hairy Potter, Hairy Houdini, Cousin It...

Wait! I'll have to work on that idea some more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2013, 09:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 11 2013, 09:39 AM) *
I am on It smile.gif

The feeling for the melody i found already i now try to find out the moment`s when i have to use/change to B or A line.

In mind i work with B minor scale and A scale right now

Sure i will post more tryouts !

Dieter

First, listen to the track to understand where the changes occur smile.gif And then knowing this, get to writing a theme and post it here biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Sep 11 2013, 06:20 PM) *
I'm in with my super ability to grow facial hair biggrin.gif
Hairy Potter, Hairy Houdini, Cousin It...

Wait! I'll have to work on that idea some more.

Have you grown a mighty beard, mate? biggrin.gif Shall I place you on the list of superheroes, for this collab? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 11 2013, 09:42 PM

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Sep 11 2013, 09:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Question Man is my super hero identity, haha.

Or

Basement Man

Or

Mechanic Man

Or
"Almost Finished It" Man lol

Seriously though I'm not sure about attire.

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Sep 11 2013, 11:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 11 2013, 10:41 PM) *
Have you grown a mighty beard, mate? biggrin.gif Shall I place you on the list of superheroes, for this collab? smile.gif

Yes I'm in, and yes I have a mighty and powerful beard tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 11 2013, 11:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Sep 12 2013, 12:23 AM) *
Yes I'm in, and yes I have a mighty and powerful beard tongue.gif

I'm considering shaving off my beard, but I can't really decide. Or keep it and get back it back to this:

As for superhero name... I still have no idea!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 11 2013, 11:45 PM
Instructor
Leave it biggrin.gif Than You'll have the "Zakk Wylde" superhero nickname tongue.gif

IMPORTANT! - all my next video chat session will be based on tips for tone, scales and concepts about the collab track. You have to be there if You need any help - Active webcam and guitar in Your hand warm wellcome smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 11 2013, 11:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 12 2013, 12:45 AM) *
Leave it biggrin.gif Than You'll have the "Zakk Wylde" superhero nickname tongue.gif

IMPORTANT! - all my next video chat session will be based on tips for tone, scales and concepts about the collab track. You have to be there if You need any help - Active webcam and guitar in Your hand warm wellcome smile.gif

I always keep getting in two minds when it gets longer though. Some days I want to go Gandalf and other days I feel like going back school boy face. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 12 2013, 12:45 AM) *

Very nice, I'll definitely check in. When is it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2013, 11:54 PM
GMC:er
Egad man!!! Don't do it!! You've got the start of a truly Epic chin farm there, I say let it run free!!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 11 2013, 06:28 PM) *
I'm considering shaving off my beard, but I can't really decide. Or keep it and get back it back to this:

As for superhero name... I still have no idea!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 11 2013, 11:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 12 2013, 12:54 AM) *
Egad man!!! Don't do it!! You've got the start of a truly Epic chin farm there, I say let it run free!!

My girlfriend keeps telling me to not shave it either, but man... It's been so long since I've not had a beard! I used to be under the thumb when I was with my ex and she didn't want me to have a beard. Current one does.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 12 2013, 12:32 AM
Instructor
Shave it and You'll see a woman asking for ID when You by a beer again biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2013, 07:33 AM
Instructor
Ben! The beard has to stay, but remember:

Jim - how about Jim Beam - fast playing as a beam of laser biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 12 2013, 11:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 12 2013, 08:33 AM) *
Ben! The beard has to stay, but remember:

Jim - how about Jim Beam - fast playing as a beam of laser biggrin.gif

Ahahaha. I remember watching that as a kid.

I just googled it and I can't believe they actually aired and made Dexter's Laboratory from 1996 till 2003. Seems a long time, but I remember watching it in the 90s.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 17 2013, 10:18 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! How is everyone faring with the collab takes so far?

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 17 2013, 11:08 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 17 2013, 09:18 AM) *
Hey guys! How is everyone faring with the collab takes so far?

I'm almost ready. I will decide about final variant of composition in this weekend and next weekend I will make the video.
Of course all next week I will try to be able to play it, because I put a little more trills (I hope this is the word in english) smile.gif I made a combination between a movie soundtrack for the first part and a kind of "bolero" style for the part that start at 0:56.

So, the "Trolls Killer" will be ready in time laugh.gif

I'm a very conscientious student smile.gif Maybe I will graduate with Magna Cum Laude biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Sep 17 2013, 12:51 PM

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:51 AM