I Have My First Live Show Tomorrow, any advice?
Guitarman700
Jun 12 2008, 07:28 PM
GMC:er
well, my first live show is tomorrow, Ill be playing at the Cycle Moore Harley roundup near Interlochen Michigan. Im playing Five songs; Locomotive Breath-Jethro Tull, Betty Lou's Gettin' Out Tonight-Bob Seger, Satisfaction-Rolling Stones, Knockin' On Heavens Door-Bob Dylan and Ain't No Sunshine- Bill Withers. anyone got any advice for me?

PS: Ill' have a video of my performance that ill post, if anyone's interested.

PPS: for Ain't No Sunshine, i solo the whole song. Any advice on maintaining stamina?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Jun 12 2008, 07:32 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 12 2008, 07:32 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jun 12 2008, 01:28 PM) *
well, my first live show is tomorrow, Ill be playing at the Cycle Moore Harley roundup near Interlochen Michigan. Im playing Five songs; Locomotive Breath-Jethro Tull, Betty Lou's Gettin' Out Tonight-Bob Seger, Satisfaction-Rolling Stones, Knockin' On Heavens Door-Bob Dylan and Ain't No Sunshine- Bill Withers. anyone got any advice for me?

Ive never performed live but all i can say is have fun!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jun 12 2008, 07:37 PM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jun 12 2008, 02:32 PM) *
Ive never performed live but all i can say is have fun!

thanks, ill need, it especially considering how messed up my shoulder is. this is really my second live show, but the first was with a bunch of idiots who had no idea what they were doing, and didn't take it seriously. this Friday and Saturday, ill be playing with some of the best musicians in my area. Im really excited.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 12 2008, 07:38 PM
Singing Instructor
well,be relaxed,and as much as it sounds stupid,you haw to think that you are a star when you up,but in a way to make your confidence at the highest level.Al the rest depends from your practicing before the show and for the show.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Saint_arc
Jun 12 2008, 07:39 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jun 12 2008, 09:28 AM) *

PPS: for Ain't No Sunshine, i solo the whole song. Any advice on maintaining stamina?

I have performed lived quite a bit now . Your first performance your'll never forget. Have fun. Thats the biggest thing. Don't look like your focusing all your attention on your playing. When you first set up your gear your going to be excited and try to rush things. Just make sure that you can hear your amp. I couldn't hear myself for the first half of my show. Don't be afraid to make an adjustment during the show if you have to. Thats very important. Oh and don't be a stick move around!! Have fun and good luck!!

Mike

This post has been edited by Saint_arc: Jun 12 2008, 07:39 PM

--------------------
Mike

Alaska..........I'm so going to retire here!!!!

Guitars:
Parker Fly, Fender Deluxe American Strat, Taylor 414ce.

Amps: Fender Supersonic 212/head, Fender Champion 600, Powered Mackie floor wedge.

Effects: BOSS GT-10, Line 6 POD Pro XT, Sennheiser Wireless, TS 808 tube screamer, BOSS RC-20XL Looper, SW-95 Cry Baby Slash wah, Weeping Demon Wah, Route 66 overdrive/compression, and many more.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 12 2008, 07:45 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
As stated above, be relaxed and setup well before playing...I'm sure you'll have a blast and everything will be ok..Keep us updated with the video from the show... smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 12 2008, 09:08 PM
Instructor
Cool songs man, don't worry, just be yourself outthere, and move as much as you can, and smile, it will be good smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 12 2008, 09:12 PM
Instructor
just keep normally and don't have to worry .play what you feel

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Jun 12 2008, 09:15 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
don't drink too much coffee before the show tongue.gif

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:58 AM