18 hours [ 4 ] ** [10.53%]
20+ hours [ 11 ] ** [28.95%]
Whats work? [ 4 ] ** [10.53%]
Total Votes: 38
Guests cannot vote 
The Uncreator
Nov 23 2010, 03:22 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Thought this would be an interesting poll, Had a similar discussion with some other guys I work with today about it and thought I bring it up here. Question is simple, what is the most hours you have ever worked?

Recently with the fortunate/ unfortunate flood of work I've had, I topped the longest day I have yet to work at 18 hours, and another just a few weeks ago at 14.5 hours. Both these days were horrible events I wish I could erase from my memory smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 23 2010, 04:51 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've done a 21 hour day a couple of weeks ago, which was pretty rough. There was an hour break however... big whoop blink.gif I work as a mover, so sometimes the days can be pretty long. Sometimes we work three days straight, and only sleep a few hours in the truck. But thats only on long distance jobs, and I stopped doing those... because it cuts into my guitar time cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Nov 23 2010, 05:41 AM
Learning Rock Star
For me the maximum was 14 hours a few years ago but I have to admit that thes days I rarely do less then 12 hours per day. That cuts ony guitar practicing time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 23 2010, 11:21 AM
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Nov 22 2010, 11:51 PM) *
I've done a 21 hour day a couple of weeks ago, which was pretty rough. There was an hour break however... big whoop blink.gif I work as a mover, so sometimes the days can be pretty long. Sometimes we work three days straight, and only sleep a few hours in the truck. But thats only on long distance jobs, and I stopped doing those... because it cuts into my guitar time cool.gif

God that sucks! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Nov 23 2010, 11:44 AM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
I mainly work for GMC at the time. It occured a few times that some of the guys I work with sent their stuff too late so I had to work around 16-18 hours to finish everything on time. It sucks big time, so I had to rearrange a lots of things.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
superize
Nov 23 2010, 12:09 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I have done about 14 hours one day.

I started the day at 9 in the morning at a kindergarden and worked 4 hours. then i got a 1.5 hour brake and worked for 10 hours at a sawmill. my day started at 09.00 and ended 00.30

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 23 2010, 02:10 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
The day I was viva'ed for my PhD -

Went in to work at 7am to prepare for it at 2pm. Started teaching at 9, and taught without a break until the viva. Viva lasted til 3:40 and by the time I left the room it was 3:50. 10 mins for lunch then back to teaching 4-6pm. Had a 10 minute break then teaching again 6-9pm.

I then went home, had a very quick dinner and then had to prepare lectures for the next day and also started revising a research paper 10pm- 2am. 2am went to bed but had to be back in for 9am. So essentially with a few small breaks it was a full on day from 7am to 2am the next day.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 23 2010, 10:40 PM
Instructor
I remember when we shot a video with a band it lasted from 8am to 9pm :S

it's still being editted let's hope it's good

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Nov 23 2010, 11:12 PM
GMC:er
Your poll doesn't go high enough.

We crash through a few days without sleep somewhat often in my line of work and you really do stop counting somewhere between 24 and 30 hours.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 24 2010, 12:30 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Sometimes when I have a deadline I find myself working 2-3 days (and nights) all day long with just a few brakes....

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 24 2010, 12:49 AM
Alright I changed the second to last to 20+, didn't think we would have that many of the full day plus people.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 25 2010, 02:41 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I was directly involved in a critical incident at work. The shift started at 3:00 pm...the incident happened at 2:50 am the following morning. Didn't get to leave work until 3:30 pm later that day. 24 1/2 hours straight!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 25 2010, 03:00 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
15 years ago, it wasn't unusual to be stuck doing 36 hour shifts. Sometimes you got a nap, but mostly not. Thank God, that's over with.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 25 2010, 03:21 AM
Learning Tone Master
this really isn't work ,but after i finished a job in south carolina ,i drove all the way home in one shoot ,23.5 hours all the way to wichita ks.
and lets just say i had inspiration from my wife

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 28 2010, 06:34 PM
Instructor
Not sure at all, I sometimes work all day and night, specially in the summer. If I count in the breaks during the day it would be somewhere around 20, not sure..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 28 2010, 07:52 PM
Tone Seeker
My personal record is 16.5 hours. I work at the restaurant as a chef.
I woke up 06.30, took a train and work started at 08.30 and I got off 01.00. Took a train and I was home 02.30. blink.gif

Thank God I don't do those any more and I work at nicer place.

+Quote Post
Kael
Nov 30 2010, 04:11 AM
GMC:er
Have done 28 hours straight in my job as a deckhand on a norwegian coastal steamer. Thankfully its not often like that. wacko.gif

This post has been edited by Kael: Nov 30 2010, 04:12 AM

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 1 2010, 01:01 AM
The Dark Canuck
My days are normally 8 hrs but I usually work a fair amount of OT. I've had a ton of 12,16, and 18 hr days but my record is close to almost 48 hrs straight... well maybe had one or two power naps but didn't go home. Not an experience I want to repeat...

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Dec 2 2010, 02:41 PM
Learning Roadie
my longest period working was a crazy time..

117 hours a week (including weekends of course).. for 3 weeks straight.. just working.. then count in the 3 hours of transport everyday as well. That does not give me lots of time to sleep..

However, i cannot stress enough.. DO NOT TO DO THIS EVER!!! I learned the hard way.. tongue.gif

edit: oh yeah.. forgot to mention that the longest stretch of work during this period was 39 hours (of course i never made it home that day. LOL!)

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Dec 2 2010, 02:45 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 2 2010, 03:54 PM
GMC Founder
Hmm does sleep count as a break? If not I'd say two weeks is probably my highest score (kills your back!).

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:11 AM