Bending Problems
sigma7
Jun 26 2008, 01:37 AM
GMC:er
mad.gif i have a big problem with large bends like full to 2. For example, everytime I bend and release on the 15th fret of the high e string, my release makes an unwanted open b ring. This always happens when I bend up but not down. What exactly am i doing wrong?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 26 2008, 01:47 AM
Instructor
I don't understand how you can bend the high E string downwards. PLease explain.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jun 26 2008, 01:50 AM
This unwanted note only comes from when I bend any string upwards. But When i bend any string down it does not happen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jun 26 2008, 02:42 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I think he means when he does a bend and lets it go, he hits the above string by mistake...Is that it?

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
besip
Jun 26 2008, 02:47 AM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jun 25 2008, 08:50 PM) *
This unwanted note only comes from when I bend any string upwards. But When i bend any string down it does not happen.

hey if you men upwards from B to low E string{for example} and you are not ok..and down to the Hi-E string and you dont have problem here is the solutions.

when you bend down you dont have any other sound becouse you are allreday muting those string with your figers...becouse if you are bending down G down{to Hi-e} your fingers all ready lies on the rest of the strings and mute them

the other case when you got problem and bending Up..for exmample form G to low E{i'm just talking about direction} you got problem becouse you not muting the string D-A well thats alll...i'm also have same proble few weak ago and i'm dont understand what kind of noise my guitar provide biggrin.gif ..becouse i'm bending the B and i'm still here sound from G...thats make me crazy becouse i'm find out later the G was mute well by me but what's is sound was D
actualy what i'm just do i'm start pay attention to mute the lower string with my palm hand

if thats not help and you aksing about diferent problem sorry somethine i'm not sure with my english tongue.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Jun 26 2008, 02:49 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Jenkinson
Jun 26 2008, 03:18 AM
Bend slowly, focusing on making the other string not ring.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jun 26 2008, 03:25 AM
thanks guys
besip nailed it dead on and and thanxs everbody for helping to fix my problem

This post has been edited by sigma7: Jun 26 2008, 03:25 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Jun 26 2008, 05:07 AM
i'm was glad to help
my beginers skills get better laugh.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:26 PM