Acoustic Guitar Question
The Uncreator
Sep 17 2007, 09:26 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Hey guys, im looking to get into studying and practicing some acoustic based stuff like Kosei's Lessons, John Williams, Andy Mckee, and Justin King kinda stuff, and i have a question regarding adding pickups to guitars like Andy Mckee does to get that Amazing "Loud" sound of his. i wanna be able to that legato stuff and still get a farely audible noise.

Are there guitars i can buy like this? or can i just buy a decent acoustic and add a pickups, and if so, what steps would i have to do, like, mounting it to the guitar without damaging the sound or body, and any other steps?

Any help is appreciated. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Muris Varajic
Sep 17 2007, 10:11 AM
Instructor
There are few ways to install pickups into acc guitar,inside the bridge,bellow bridge(in the hole of body) etc.
And still you can buy acc guitar that already has it.
Again,depends of how deep is your pocket sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 17 2007, 10:33 AM
for the guitar, im willing to spend about $600-$700 USD, And the pickups ill go to about $150-$200 USD.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 17 2007, 10:56 AM
Instructor
So you have like 900$ top,right?
I think you can get fine nylon strings guitar with pickup for that money,check out Yamaha,Takamine...
There are many models and I believe it's less expensive to buy guitar with pickup
instead of installing it separately on different one.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Delusions of Gra...
Sep 17 2007, 10:59 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 17 2007, 02:33 AM) *
for the guitar, im willing to spend about $600-$700 USD, And the pickups ill go to about $150-$200 USD.

You may want to look at Breedlove Guitars ........ You can pick up one of them ( lower end ) $699.00 Atlas Ac25/SR ...Just as if not better than the lower end Taylors.... w/pickups already in it...Fishman Classic IV

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/navigatio...4308&page=6

I've played the Taylor and the Breedlove side by side and I loved the Breedlove so much better.....More guitar for less money I think........ I'm looking at the next one up from the one I described to you and it's $999.00 for it.... ( Atlas AC/25 SR Plus ) ........

--------------------
Gibson Les Paul Studio , Wine Red

Line 6 Spider III 75 Combo Amp

A dieing DigiTech RP200

Ibanez Accoustic Artwood AW100CE

Marshall MG15CDR.....

Vox 15w Amp

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 17 2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah about $900 tops, or hopefully ill have that much by summer '08.

Thanks for the help, ill check out those guitars.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 03:18 AM