3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Battle Music
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2012, 08:06 AM
Instructor
You have woken up. School has started. You know you want to stay home and play the guitar, but those mean people want you to go to school, don't they laugh.gif I like how I always start writing like this and I can't take it to the end and start laughing in the middle biggrin.gif

Well, this morning I have discovered this great collection of epic tunes, which I wanted to share with you:

Do you feel stronger when listening to this sort of music? Which is your favorite? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 7 2012, 08:23 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
great... the video can't be played in Germany due to copyright issues... sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
wollace03
Sep 7 2012, 09:15 AM
GMC:er
interesting...it can be played in Austria...

I like to listen to epic tunes when I am in the right mood... Protectors of Earth #7 is really good....
At home I always end up playing the soundtracks of Lord of the Rings and of Braveheart...

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 7 2012, 09:48 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
It's a german thing, thanks to the almighty GEMA that won't grant youtube the rights to play everything...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 7 2012, 10:11 AM
Instructor
From that video, Protectors of the Earth and Lux Aeterna are my favourites. I don't know the former but I'm a big fan of the latter. The chord progression is so simple but the melody is just so powerful. How did he do it ??

No epic list is complete without this... I could go into battle with no weapons and kill 100 men after hearing this

+Quote Post
flamen
Sep 7 2012, 12:23 PM
aw yeah thanks for these man biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2012, 05:10 PM
Instructor
wink.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 7 2012, 09:11 AM) *
From that video, Protectors of the Earth and Lux Aeterna are my favourites. I don't know the former but I'm a big fan of the latter. The chord progression is so simple but the melody is just so powerful. How did he do it ??

No epic list is complete without this... I could go into battle with no weapons and kill 100 men after hearing this

Ben! Where's the image in the vid taken from - is there a comic or a cartoon?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 7 2012, 05:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 7 2012, 05:10 PM) *
wink.gif

Ben! Where's the image in the vid taken from - is there a comic or a cartoon?

I think it's the poster for the original theatrical release of Conan the Barbarian smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 7 2012, 05:57 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 7 2012, 05:37 PM) *
I think it's the poster for the original theatrical release of Conan the Barbarian smile.gif

It is the original poster. It was done by an artist called Boris Vallejo.
You can D/L a load of his pics HERE!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 13 2012, 10:08 PM
Along that same line I really dug the score to the 13th Warrior movie. This is a bit from the last battle sequence.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 7 2012, 03:06 AM) *
You have woken up. School has started. You know you want to stay home and play the guitar, but those mean people want you to go to school, don't they laugh.gif I like how I always start writing like this and I can't take it to the end and start laughing in the middle biggrin.gif

Well, this morning I have discovered this great collection of epic tunes, which I wanted to share with you:

Do you feel stronger when listening to this sort of music? Which is your favorite? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 14 2012, 09:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 13 2012, 10:08 PM) *
Along that same line I really dug the score to the 13th Warrior movie. This is a bit from the last battle sequence.

Just an all round excellent, excellent movie !! biggrin.gif Good call, Todd !

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 14 2012, 09:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 14 2012, 08:20 AM) *
Just an all round excellent, excellent movie !! biggrin.gif Good call, Todd !

i think I've seen this movie about 5-6 times biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 14 2012, 09:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 14 2012, 09:22 AM) *
i think I've seen this movie about 5-6 times biggrin.gif

I think it's about time I saw it again. Now I just need to use my mind to will it onto the tv schedule...... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 14 2012, 02:25 PM
Instructor
I love epic soundtracks! This is one of my favourites!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 14 2012, 06:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 14 2012, 01:25 PM) *
I love epic soundtracks! This is one of my favourites!

OHHHHH! How I love this one!

+Quote Post
Nether
Sep 14 2012, 06:55 PM
The mother of epic songs:

and another good one tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Nether: Sep 14 2012, 06:57 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 14 2012, 07:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nether @ Sep 14 2012, 05:55 PM) *
The mother of epic songs:

and another good one tongue.gif

Had the opportunity to perform Carmina Burana twice with philharmonic orchestras and the feeling is unmatched! It is by far the most dramatic tune! Next step, Lux Aeterna - I will try to work it out and see what I get biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 14 2012, 07:09 PM
:3 one thing that i like about animes, it's the epic battle music. and amazing ost's

this last one for that epic slow motion moment in battle where everybody is dying laugh.gif

i could go on for ever... xD

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Sep 14 2012, 07:14 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Nether
Sep 14 2012, 07:14 PM
I love to hear this one before a football match

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Sep 14 2012, 07:52 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
The entrance of the Crazy 88, more of a pre-battle song I guess from Kill Bill

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Sep 14 2012, 07:55 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:30 AM