2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Remember, No Stairway!
Scott Gentzen
Jun 29 2007, 05:06 AM
GMC:er

Not my pic. Noticed it on Digg tonight, thought someone else here would find it amusing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 29 2007, 05:33 AM
A good start, but I think we can add to that list. I will start, the obvious one, no "Freebird".

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
CrashOops
Jun 29 2007, 05:38 AM
Cant say I blame music stores for this. I'm sure it gets incredibly annoying to hear the same songs over and over, just crappier

--------------------
Ibanez GRX20 Jewel Blue

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 29 2007, 06:02 AM
QUOTE (CrashOops @ Jun 28 2007, 10:38 PM) *
Cant say I blame music stores for this. I'm sure it gets incredibly annoying to hear the same songs over and over, just crappier

yea i totally agree lol, but theres many stuff to play and too show off! like the techniques you learn here! wink.gif cool.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 29 2007, 06:06 AM
I always thought that was stupid. Not being able to play what you want, but now that i actually think about it. It is a good thing. Because what you guys said. Nobody wants to here Stairway to Heaven a thousand times. Every single day crappy, and not so crappy!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 29 2007, 06:24 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jun 28 2007, 11:06 PM) *
I always thought that was stupid. Not being able to play what you want, but now that i actually think about it. It is a good thing. Because what you guys said. Nobody wants to here Stairway to Heaven a thousand times. Every single day crappy, and not so crappy!!

yea man, imagine what the guitar employees have to go through everyday. laugh.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 29 2007, 06:45 AM
Thats my dream job biggrin.gif running a guitar shop and just selling guitars amps cd's and clothing, wish me luck boys and when yer all buyin guitars 10 years from now rememeber me smile.gif and ill let GMCers play anything they want smile.gif just not other people:D

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 29 2007, 08:14 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jun 29 2007, 07:06 AM) *

What!?! I can't play Sweet child... anymore. I have to learn a new intro sad.gif

Agree. Plain stupid. If they are serious about it. Don't tell me what kind of music to play on the instruments I was going to buy from you. That could easily change my mind about buying anything.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
CrashOops
Jun 29 2007, 09:12 AM
well there are millions of songs out there that are better than those 3 anyway. so learn one that's a little less overplayed by everyone and their dog and put your own flair on it. you'll be able to "wow" people a little bit

--------------------
Ibanez GRX20 Jewel Blue

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 29 2007, 09:48 AM
When I was in Oslo about 4 years ago, there was a guitar store had a sign "Iron Maiden fans are not allowed to try guitars". I totally agree with all those music stores, with signs like that. Cant people be just A LITTLE creative and maybe play some other songs or maybe some stuff they made themselfs? But then again, I shouldnt be talking. I was a newb, and a maiden fan, so I didnt play anything else than that either biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Robin: Jun 29 2007, 09:51 AM

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 29 2007, 10:11 AM
If a store don't want the beginners, how are they thinking? Beginners are the base of their business, probably now, definatly in the coming years. Treat the beginners with respect and you will have more customers in the future.

If I sould get that patronizing look from a salesperson when I'm playing Sweet Child.. (that was I joke, I dont do Sweet Child in stores) on a $1000 Schecter or $2500 JEM or Gibson, please! That's my business. If I want it just for playing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" then let me. I'll decide myself what I like to play. If not, I'll just go to another store.

If you are sick of "Smoke On the Water" and sell guitars, well maybe you are in the wrong business.

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 29 2007, 10:27 AM
PS. That sound a bit harsh I guess. I'll put it another way shortly. Have to do some work first.

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 29 2007, 10:31 AM
Instructor
It's funny how people always play someone's song when they get into a guitar shop. Why not think of your own 4-5 riffs on fly??

I totally support that warning!! Should suggest it to local music shops also! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 29 2007, 11:09 AM
Where I live there is 3 music stores. One I've never been to, one is modern, one is a bit oldfashioned.

When I bought my kids first guitar we visited the oldfashioned and the modern.
In the modern store there is signs that says "Don't touch! Contact staff before playing". In this store kids look very impressed, with big eyes, on all the flashy stuff. The staff gives attention to the "musician looking" adults. Beginners get "the look" and something like "I'll be with you in a minute! I'll just finish these seven calls to order more flashy stuff you never will buy from me!"
My kid looked uncomfortable and strummed a few chords, then we left.

In the old style shop he picked up a guitar, a guy came up and said "Yes, that's right. Try it. Do you like that one" and my kid answered "I'm not sure. It looks nice. I cant think of anything to play". The guy says "Hehe, play anything you like. Hell, play Smoke on the Water. I'm sure you know that one". And my kid relaxes and rips of a perfect "Sweet Child"-intro.
The other day I was trying Fenders there and three kids where running around, playing, in the store. I asked the owner if he wasn't afraid they would damage anything. He just said "No, they are here now and then. Sometimes they try some guitars. The'll be back and by something when they are older".

Which store do you think got the money for our next three guitars?

--------------------

Ibanez 2550z

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 29 2007, 11:55 AM
Instructor
Well, maybe you got a point there...

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 29 2007, 01:55 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Thats pretty funny, i wanna put that on my amp, i just might to.
Anyway, i usually just play some random improvised riffs, or exercises, nothin to flashy, except when i get real excited, and start doing 6 string sweeps at 200 bpm...

Not really... sad.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 29 2007, 02:24 PM
You got a point there blindwillie. I have to agree with you there. Buuuut lets say, experienced players arent allowed to play those songs! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 29 2007, 12:55 PM) *
Thats pretty funny, i wanna put that on my amp, i just might to.

Good idea. Mind if I steal it? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 29 2007, 02:52 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I dont mind, im stealing from that guy in the first picture smile.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 29 2007, 02:59 PM
D'OH >_<

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 29 2007, 03:37 PM
I think that sign was meant to be a joke by the music store.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:38 PM