Jordan Rudess Omnisphere
steve25
Aug 28 2009, 04:49 PM
GMC:er
I've always been put off from Synth's because generally they're not "real" and i've always preferred sampling. I still do but I saw this on youtube and thought you guys might find it interesting. Dream Theater's keyboard player is showing a demo of Omnisphere by Spectrasonics and I have to admit some of the patches are really good. Also if you search for a nightmare to remember keyboard there's some guy playing the song intro from their latest album which in my opinion I think sounds pretty much identical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF8SYLjl07g

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 28 2009, 05:20 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Omnisphere is a GREAT tool. A friend of mine uses it for quite a bit, and it sounds amazing smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 28 2009, 08:12 PM
Instructor
I'm using Omnisphere from time to time, it is a great tool when you need some really unusual and fresh sounds. It's also directly compatible with Stylus RMX so all the grooves and variations can be matched. Pretty cool.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Aug 28 2009, 08:16 PM
that choir sounded awesome! i want it now!!!!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 28 2009, 08:51 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Sounds pretty cool. And Jordan's playing is great. smile.gif

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 28 2009, 09:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Its so much fun just to watch jordan play smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
steve25
Aug 29 2009, 11:36 AM
I have to say this is the first synth unit that i've actually been impressed with. Some of the orchestral sounds in it are fairly realistic although I think i'd still rather go for something like GPO or VSL. However I agree the choirs are good and some of the lead sounds he was using while demonstrating switching between mods were pretty good.

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 29 2009, 12:10 PM
Jazz Instructor
Great toy. He has lots of toys, I watched his youtube videos, he tried out lots of instruments, not just keyboards...

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Aug 29 2009, 12:24 PM
Instructor
Great demonstration! Sounds wonderfully!

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 29 2009, 09:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Aug 28 2009, 08:51 PM) *
Sounds pretty cool. And Jordan's playing is great. smile.gif

+1

Just watched it. Awesome workshop and playing

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Staffy
Aug 29 2009, 09:38 PM
Learning Tone Master
Very cool, awesome sounds, must try this out!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:33 AM