Beatles Influence
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2015, 05:42 PM
Instructor
Aren't you amazed on how many bands has been influenced by The Beatles?

It seems that most of the rock / pop bands has been influenced by them, and like it happens with Hendrix regarding guitar, their songwriting concepts and tricks seems to be endless....

So let's share bands and artists influenced by them...

I start with this band that keeps the spirit of Beatles songs, but with a modern production... don't you feel that "the song remains the same" ? smile.gif

PS: Have you ever analyzed some Beatles songs?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 30 2015, 07:05 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
The Beatles are definitely my favorite band. I have always streamed towards songwriting influences by the Beatles in the songs I made in terms of trying to get that kind of blend of strong harmony and melody. Even though the songs were not "in their genre" I always had Beatles songs as a benchmark in my head and a "vision" to follow.

I'm currently playing with a band which has pretty strong Beatles influence, we are oriented towards Brit Pop, Indie and Psychedelic sound.

Some songs can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/bilbordbg/sets/bilbord-music

It always puts a smile on my face when I hear a new modern band playing under Beatles influence. For example, I could hear a lot of those influences in Young For Eternity album by the Subways.

For example check out this song:

Thanks a lot for sharing that band Gab, didn't know about them. I'll be checking out their music catalogue.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 30 2015, 07:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
I have a lot bands in mind which are influenced by Beatles. Even Kurt Cobain said that he wrote "About a girl" after he listened couple of hours "Meet the Beatles" album but I guess everybody know this.

I chose two songs where the Beatles influence is very visible smile.gif The first one is:

The second one is The Velvet Underground with their song Candy Says which sound pretty similar with Julia by Beatles

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: May 30 2015, 07:37 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 31 2015, 07:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 30 2015, 03:05 PM) *
The Beatles are definitely my favorite band. I have always streamed towards songwriting influences by the Beatles in the songs I made in terms of trying to get that kind of blend of strong harmony and melody. Even though the songs were not "in their genre" I always had Beatles songs as a benchmark in my head and a "vision" to follow.

I'm currently playing with a band which has pretty strong Beatles influence, we are oriented towards Brit Pop, Indie and Psychedelic sound.

Some songs can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/bilbordbg/sets/bilbord-music

It always puts a smile on my face when I hear a new modern band playing under Beatles influence. For example, I could hear a lot of those influences in Young For Eternity album by the Subways.

For example check out this song:

Thanks a lot for sharing that band Gab, didn't know about them. I'll be checking out their music catalogue.

hehehe beautiful track! It's pure Beatles, I like the vocalist, and the energy that has the track.

Am I the only one that hears a big Beatles feel on this intro:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jun 1 2015, 04:37 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
King's X

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:28 AM