> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(pass 8.4) The Led Zep Groove, Lesson By Adrian Figallo
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [60.00%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

Gitarrero
Dec 16 2011, 10:48 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Original lesson: The Led Zep Groove by Adrian Figallo

Time for some new rec takes! I recorded this groovy lesson by Adrian with my Ibanez guitar, Guitar Rig 4 and Reaper. Christian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 17 2011, 11:16 AM
Instructor
Another good take from you here. Two main areas of focus here need to be timing (you're just a little early in places) and vibrato needs to be more controlled. Remember what I was saying in the video chat about treating vibrato like a series of bends ? This will help you a lot, because you can practice bending a string just a semitone up and then back again.. practice releasing the note back to the starting pitch every time because this is essentially what will make the vibrato sound in tune smile.gif

P.S. I meant to add, great work on the ascending chord sections.. some people find playing on the offbeat very difficult but you nailed that perfectly ! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Dec 17 2011, 11:17 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 17 2011, 12:58 PM
Instructor
Very good job man, solid timing and tone. I think Adrian used a bit more downstrokes to get more even tone out of those notes. Try doing that, and less AP, and it will be even better.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 17 2011, 02:28 PM
Instructor

It's a good take man, good technique and the notes are all correct!

I agree with Ben, for a groove like this you really need to be locked in with the drums, there's a bit of rush in the timing

try to sing the rhythm out loud first and you'll notice it's a not a guitar technique thing, but rather the way you are thinking it

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 18 2011, 12:20 PM
Instructor
Hey Christian! Nice take! As the guys said, timing should be tighter and you could draw some inspiration on this sort of playing from Mr. Tom Morello - try his approach which draws a bit more roots from funk guitar smile.gif That should inspire your attack and timing! All the best mate!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 20 2011, 12:05 AM
Instructor
Good attitude and tone man. I think that the main riff's timing should sound tighter. That's the only thing for me that would make this a 10 take so concentrate on your timing and groove! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 22 2011, 10:35 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.4 (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:57 AM