My First Mozart Rocks! Performance
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2011, 04:47 PM
Instructor
Alrighty guys, I found this as I was starting to rehearse for the gig I'm having next week. I am proud of it but not satisfied, as it's my first experience of this kind, it has a few glitches here and there. I decided to post it because the feeling I got that night was totally out of this world, when I saw the orchestra leader's baguette raised and felt surrounded by that wonderful orchestra...

Here we go:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 4 2011, 05:38 PM
Instructor
That's like a dream come true man! I can imagine how strong the feeling of being there playing with your guitar must be. You did a really good performance! and I like the fact that you are playing classical music on electric guitar and you are not sounding like a Malmsteen clon. Excellent work!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2011, 05:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 4 2011, 04:38 PM) *
That's like a dream come true man! I can imagine how strong the feeling of being there playing with your guitar must be. You did a really good performance! and I like the fact that you are playing classical music on electric guitar and you are not sounding like a Malmsteen clon. Excellent work!!

Thank you Gab! Well, I ran from that sound all my life biggrin.gif I like fresh and crisp approaches to this genre smile.gif so that's what I am trying to do smile.gif i hope I'll be able to deliver a better performance next week on this piece!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 4 2011, 05:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 4 2011, 01:45 PM) *
Thank you Gab! Well, I ran from that sound all my life biggrin.gif I like fresh and crisp approaches to this genre smile.gif so that's what I am trying to do smile.gif i hope I'll be able to deliver a better performance next week on this piece!

that's the word that I forgot to say: Fresh. That's how you sound in this video. Well done!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2011, 05:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 4 2011, 04:48 PM) *
that's the word that I forgot to say: Fresh. That's how you sound in this video. Well done!

Thank you man smile.gif !

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 4 2011, 07:38 PM
Instructor
Wow, man that incredible. You can feel the tension and atmosphere just watching it.. I really love your tone here, it has a real sweet spot. What were you playing through ? cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2011, 07:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 4 2011, 06:38 PM) *
Wow, man that incredible. You can feel the tension and atmosphere just watching it.. I really love your tone here, it has a real sweet spot. What were you playing through ? cool.gif

Thank you Ben! A boss GT8 smile.gif at that time I didn't own any tube stuff at all. Though I had the help of some very experienced tone creators, among my fellow mates in the project wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 4 2011, 07:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 4 2011, 07:51 PM) *
Thank you Ben! A boss GT8 smile.gif at that time I didn't own any tube stuff at all. Though I had the help of some very experienced tone creators, among my fellow mates in the project wink.gif

Well it certainly did the business ! Some of those old fx pedals, especially Boss, are excellent. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 4 2011, 09:40 PM
Instructor
wow! that's one of my dreams right there! congrats! that must be a special feeling!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2011, 09:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jul 4 2011, 08:40 PM) *
wow! that's one of my dreams right there! congrats! that must be a special feeling!

Hey mate smile.gif I'm pretty sure that one day it'll come true for you. You're too good a hell of a guitarist not to wink.gif And you know, time is the only one that will tell what's what and when smile.gif thank you Daniel!

+Quote Post
Blister
Jul 5 2011, 03:07 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow!!! (I know just about everybody else said that but it really fits) smile.gif That really must have been an amazing feeling with a full orchestra behind you. I would have been so stressed but you look so calm up there. Thanks for posting, you did a GREAT job & I really like that alot! (I'll bet I listen to that a few more times, too!)

Gary

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 5 2011, 09:26 PM
Instructor
Excellent performance and a great orchestra, Cosmin !!! My legs would be shaking from such a great band ! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 5 2011, 09:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jul 5 2011, 08:26 PM) *
Excellent performance and a great orchestra, Cosmin !!! My legs would be shaking from such a great band ! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thank you Sinisa tongue.gif indeed they are a very nice and warm group smile.gif I remember feeling very welcome there in the middle biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 6 2011, 12:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 4 2011, 09:44 PM) *
Hey mate smile.gif I'm pretty sure that one day it'll come true for you. You're too good a hell of a guitarist not to wink.gif And you know, time is the only one that will tell what's what and when smile.gif thank you Daniel!

thanks so much Cosmin!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jul 6 2011, 01:37 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Very nicely done! I'll bet that was an incredible experience.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 6 2011, 06:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Jul 6 2011, 12:37 AM) *
Very nicely done! I'll bet that was an incredible experience.

Yes it was mate! You know, I'm the emotional type biggrin.gif so I was kind of scared at first, but by the end of my 4 minute celebration tongue.gif I didn't even know what happened when I realized I was bowing at the very end biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Jul 7 2011, 06:32 AM
Learning Roadie
Wow, great playing! I don't think I could play classical music like that, it's way too pinpoint for me. I like to go with the feel rather than absolutely precise timing, which is the key element with that kind of playing. Good feeling, there, too. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 7 2011, 06:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Jul 7 2011, 05:32 AM) *
Wow, great playing! I don't think I could play classical music like that, it's way too pinpoint for me. I like to go with the feel rather than absolutely precise timing, which is the key element with that kind of playing. Good feeling, there, too. smile.gif

Thank you mate! Well, trust me, Mozart is a LOT more free than Bach or Vivaldi - you gotta play note for note, if you wanna play along with the stuff these 2 guys wrote biggrin.gif Mozart was kind enough to leave a little room for interpretation smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 7 2011, 09:47 AM
Instructor
Hey, this is quite interesting Cosmin, never tried anything similar with the orchestra. Well done mate! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 7 2011, 09:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 7 2011, 08:47 AM) *
Hey, this is quite interesting Cosmin, never tried anything similar with the orchestra. Well done mate! smile.gif

Thank you Ivan smile.gif you definitely should! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:57 PM