Chill The Nuns, Lyrics gone wrong
bleez
May 23 2013, 10:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Anyone found out that a song you've been listening to for ages actually has totally different lyrics than what you've been hearing?
One of my favourite Sabbath songs is 'Behind the wall of sleep'. I recently looked up the lyrics online and it appears Ive been singing the wrong lyrics for ages. I always thought the line went " Chill the nuns from head to toe " but apparently the internet says the line goes " Chill that numbs from head to toe" huh.gif
I totally think my version is better, Black sabbath songs probably do 'chill the nuns' smile.gif

The same with Rush's 'Tom Sawyer', I always thought the first line was 'Monday warrior'...... apparently its 'Modern day warrior' rolleyes.gif meh, I just thought Geddy pronounced Monday a bit weird!

has anyone else discovered they have been hearing the 'wrong' lyrics to certain songs ....... or is it just me!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BTrian
May 23 2013, 10:54 PM
Learning Roadie
sure, it really depends on the pronunciation if I can understand the full lyrics of a song without an error (and that's not a thing only happening on English texts, also with songs in my first language)

I remember reading about the mars volta that the lyrics are often even intended to be in a way that ppl. understand different stuff.

for the most part I'm not paying that much attention to lyrics depending on the genre.
That way I'm quite satisfied with not having English as first language and easily being able to blend out the lyrics when listening to most songs just listening to the vocals as some kind of instrument and focus on the text later if I feel like I need to.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:25 PM