2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Fave Driving Roads
Ben Higgins
Sep 23 2011, 09:45 AM
Instructor
I was driving down to rehearse with the bassist and drummer yesterday but forgot where I was meant to be going and I took the roads towards the singer's house instead. I was about halfway there when I realised my mistake and I cursed very loudly !

However, I had to improvise and find a different route.. as I was driving on a road in South Dorset called the A35 I realised how much I like certain stretches of this road. When it has dual carriageway you can make rapid progress whilst the hills and valleys pass by. Here it is on a map

http://g.co/maps/uw7fg

Share some of your favourite driving roads.. maybe one day we'll get to try some of these out when we visit different countries !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Sep 23 2011, 09:46 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 23 2011, 09:48 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
JD_
Sep 23 2011, 12:43 PM
Learning Roadie
wink.gif Hey all, I know what you mean Sir Higgins, and i wish we had the back to the future car...wouldn't that be awesome....

Here is my fav driving road, it's from a mountain in the state of where i was born, basically a mountain range and crazy bendy roads are cut all through it.....

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ct=reset

I may have driven my brand new V8 along these roads when i was a young man and crashed it into a barrier but lets not get into that now.... laugh.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 23 2011, 12:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Sep 23 2011, 12:43 PM) *

The google link doesn't work sad.gif Try putting the info in again, then use the 'short URL' function at the right hand side and copy the top link and paste it in maybe ?

QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Sep 23 2011, 12:43 PM) *
I may have driven my brand new V8 along these roads when i was a young man and crashed it into a barrier but lets not get into that now.... laugh.gif

Oh I don't know, maybe we should get into it...??? tongue.gif

Was it a mad Aussie pickup with a V8 ? cool.gif

+Quote Post
JD_
Sep 23 2011, 12:56 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 23 2011, 11:47 AM) *
The google link doesn't work sad.gif Try putting the info in again, then use the 'short URL' function at the right hand side and copy the top link and paste it in maybe ?

Oh I don't know, maybe we should get into it...??? tongue.gif

Was it a mad Aussie pickup with a V8 ? cool.gif

haha, see if this works...

http://g.co/maps/sm44j

and here is a pic of my baby gurl, all squished up and junk unsure.gif

This post has been edited by JaxN4: Sep 23 2011, 12:58 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 23 2011, 01:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Sep 23 2011, 12:56 PM) *
haha, see if this works...

http://g.co/maps/sm44j

and here is a pic of my baby gurl, all squished up and junk unsure.gif

Yes, now it works smile.gif Is that some crazy pumped up Vauxhull or something ? Sorry, I can't tell what it is rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
JD_
Sep 23 2011, 01:03 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 23 2011, 12:01 PM) *
Yes, now it works smile.gif Is that some crazy pumped up Vauxhull or something ? Sorry, I can't tell what it is rolleyes.gif

It's a Ford baby... a sexy in yo face beauty.....well not anymore unsure.gif

would you believe that actually happened on my 25th birthday! horrible present tongue.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 23 2011, 01:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Sep 23 2011, 01:03 PM) *
It's a Ford baby... a sexy in yo face beauty.....well not anymore unsure.gif

would you believe that actually happened on my 25th birthday! horrible present tongue.gif

Ahhhh maaaan !!! dry.gif I guess that retired it permanantly sad.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 23 2011, 01:27 PM
GMC:er
My favourite is probably the A4 from Maidenhead heading out towards you Ben!! Great roads for a Bike!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
JD_
Sep 23 2011, 01:28 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 23 2011, 12:04 PM) *
Ahhhh maaaan !!! dry.gif I guess that retired it permanantly sad.gif

unfortunatly yes...but Insurance is a good thing, got something better and it didn't cost me a cent.... So, to summarise, said road is my fav to drive on but i cried everytime i drove on it after that....

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 23 2011, 01:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Sep 23 2011, 01:27 PM) *
My favourite is probably the A4 from Maidenhead heading out towards you Ben!! Great roads for a Bike!!
biggrin.gif

Ah, the Bath road.. I shall have to explore one day when I have a full tank and no commitments ! cool.gif

QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Sep 23 2011, 01:28 PM) *
unfortunatly yes...but Insurance is a good thing, got something better and it didn't cost me a cent.... So, to summarise, said road is my fav to drive on but i cried everytime i drove on it after that....

You got a free Ferrari ??? Life's not so bad tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 23 2011, 02:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 23 2011, 09:48 AM) *

HAHAHA, wouldn't that be cool!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 23 2011, 03:00 PM
Instructor
Man, I got my car in two major accidents this year, each 1000e cost, fortunately insurance covered it cool.gif

The rute I have taken houndreds of times now already is one fraction of highway 155Km long, it's the road I've always been taking when going south for a gig in my country. Then the road branches in several directions. Belgrade to Paracin laugh.gif Dunno why, but it's either my favorite or my most hated part of the road smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bossie
Sep 23 2011, 03:04 PM
Snake road ..!! from sheffield to manchester..awesome!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 23 2011, 03:32 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Mine would be the highway 1 from San Francisco to LA smile.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Bossie
Sep 23 2011, 05:47 PM
I'm going to Vegas in november ....should be some new driving experiences too smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 23 2011, 05:51 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I once drove from Palm Springs to Vegas, smooth driving thorugh the desert for liek 6 hours laugh.gif be sure to bring some cool driving music with you. I actually really enjoyed the landscape.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 23 2011, 06:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bossie @ Sep 23 2011, 03:04 PM) *
Snake road ..!! from sheffield to manchester..awesome!! wink.gif

I've heard of that one.. will do it when I've got a sexier, more powerful car ! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Sep 23 2011, 05:51 PM) *
I once drove from Palm Springs to Vegas, smooth driving thorugh the desert for liek 6 hours laugh.gif be sure to bring some cool driving music with you. I actually really enjoyed the landscape.

Wow, Christian you've really done some interesting things !! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 23 2011, 06:41 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Come to think of it...I sure have Ben smile.gif And I've got some more interesting things planned...e.g., I've never stolen a crown...

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 23 2011, 06:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Sep 23 2011, 06:41 PM) *
Come to think of it...I sure have Ben smile.gif And I've got some more interesting things planned...e.g., I've never stolen a crown...

And you're not going to, either ! wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:57 AM