3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Orange Amps Rock!, Rockerverb 50 head demo
Darius Wave
Feb 2 2014, 03:54 PM
Instructor
I was always sure about that but everytime I launch one of those It only makes me sure about how awesome those amps are. You can turn the eq however You like and it always sound good, different but still good. Here's a little demo smile.gif

Of course...it's always a matter of what You actually play and for some particular things it might not be the best amp...but for me it's awesome. Damn juicy mids smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Feb 2 2014, 04:05 PM
GMC:er
Great video Darius. Looks like you had a lot of fun.I have never tried a orange amp but from the amount of videos I have watched with people using them they do sound amazing

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 2 2014, 04:49 PM
Instructor
Thanx! Oh yes they do smile.gif Unfortunately videos don't translate even a half of the warmth that this amp has in a live situations smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 2 2014, 07:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
You always do very cool demo videos smile.gif I really like this concept between some funny and serious sides, you give energy and joy smile.gif I saw that you changed the pickups on Hufschmid.
Now about the Orange, the sound that start at 7:28 it's really awesome smile.gif I'm curious how it fits in a mix. Sounds warm and with that reverb on it, is very pleasant smile.gif I like it very much.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 2 2014, 07:18 PM
Instructor
Very good testing video Darius! I have tried some Orange amps and I must agree with you about versatility and the fact that tones are different but always good and usable. Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 2 2014, 07:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
very cool video dude. made me LOL when it cut to you playing with your back to the camera biggrin.gif
I'd really like to get one of those amps. They look awesome and Im sure id play much better if I had one!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 2 2014, 08:10 PM
Spiff Vid!! The Orange Amps killer smile.gif You nailed it, they are not perfect for everything but what they do, they do really, really well! I did a vid of the ORANGE JIM ROOT head a bit back and I really dug it!

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 2 2014, 09:54 AM) *
I was always sure about that but everytime I launch one of those It only makes me sure about how awesome those amps are. You can turn the eq however You like and it always sound good, different but still good. Here's a little demo smile.gif

Of course...it's always a matter of what You actually play and for some particular things it might not be the best amp...but for me it's awesome. Damn juicy mids smile.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 2 2014, 08:19 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Man I have wanted to pick up an Orange for quite some time , for me I think it is just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for the demo D!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 2 2014, 10:50 PM
Instructor
Thanx guys and girls smile.gif I was in love with orange since i had an ocassion to randomly play a gig on one of those. Unfortunately usually had a bad luck - when i had some money there was none in the second hand but got to buy one someday.

Monica - yes i did change those since few .months back. They are different smile.gif

Bleez - ha ha smile.gif)) finally someone appreciated smile.gif))

Cool review Todd. Havent tried this particular version of terror but the rest was insanely loud for the nominal power ratint smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 3 2014, 09:47 AM
Instructor
Great vid man smile.gif I tried the Orange only once - the guys sharing the rehearsal room with us, have one. But Frankly I haven't had enough time to noodle with it. Your vid convinced me to borrow that one from the guys and try it home smile.gif Thank you!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 3 2014, 10:58 AM
Instructor
That's a great idea but keep in mind that those amp are different and Rockerverb is very specific one. I had an AD30 for some time and it didn't match my taste at all. I mean the frequency response was awesome and the dynamics too but the type of drive was not my taste and there was and issue with fx loop. One guy was trying to make one but seems like this amp is made like from two separated preamps (can't tell the details). Unfortunately for my regular giging fx loop is a must.

About the FX loop itself. It's one of most annoying Marshall'a (at least some of those like DSl, TSL...JCM200 series) the loop is not installed directly after the preamp (it's somewhere in the middle) and when You plug anything to FX loop it really does affect the tone - not only the frequency response but also the drive amount :/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 4 2014, 09:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 3 2014, 09:58 AM) *
That's a great idea but keep in mind that those amp are different and Rockerverb is very specific one. I had an AD30 for some time and it didn't match my taste at all. I mean the frequency response was awesome and the dynamics too but the type of drive was not my taste and there was and issue with fx loop. One guy was trying to make one but seems like this amp is made like from two separated preamps (can't tell the details). Unfortunately for my regular giging fx loop is a must.

About the FX loop itself. It's one of most annoying Marshall'a (at least some of those like DSl, TSL...JCM200 series) the loop is not installed directly after the preamp (it's somewhere in the middle) and when You plug anything to FX loop it really does affect the tone - not only the frequency response but also the drive amount :/

Will try and tell you what it feels like mate smile.gif Thanks for the heads up wink.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 4 2014, 07:12 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Pricey amps, even used. Here is one I found being sold used locally.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/msg/4275550540.html

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Feb 4 2014, 07:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Love your demo vids Darius smile.gif Always sound awesome. Love orange amps I have a Orange crush cream amp, just a little guy I think 20 watts and not tube but sounds great.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 5 2014, 09:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 4 2014, 06:12 PM) *
Pricey amps, even used. Here is one I found being sold used locally.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/msg/4275550540.html

Woohah... 1500 bucks for a 30 watt amp biggrin.gif yeah, pricey indeed..

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 5 2014, 12:20 PM
Instructor
Yes those were always very expensive (or maybe not as much as some other handcrafted) but those are worth the price. Factory want's to keep the prestige. As far as I know they don't care about cutting the costs and moving the production to China.

Hajduk - thanx man! I always try to do my best smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 6 2014, 02:43 AM
CRAZY pricey IMHO!!!! Honestly that's why I"ve never owned one personally. That price is just insane. Sure it's a great sounding amp smile.gif But after working with the JIM ROOT HEAD for a few weeks I was able to dial in a Jim Root Orange Tone by ear in OVERLOUD that sounded pretty much identical in a mix. I even shared the patch in my patch thread smile.gif

Orange amps are great to "date" but I would not "marry" one smile.gif
Here is the "tone clone" patch I "earballed" in overloud to sound like the jim root orange head I reviewed. Enjoy! smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/overloud-th1-preset-free

Attached Image

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 5 2014, 03:54 AM) *
Woohah... 1500 bucks for a 30 watt amp biggrin.gif yeah, pricey indeed..

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 6 2014, 03:14 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 6 2014, 09:33 AM
Instructor
Darius, well that means that this is a strong company, man - if they are not making compromises in order to sell more... hats off. It means they are really good at what they do and not afraid that pricey will be their downfall.

Todd - you are a very patient man smile.gif biggrin.gif It sounds very good, but I bet it took some time to dial in, right?

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 6 2014, 11:00 AM
Instructor
Maybe there is a huge differency in EU prices comparing to US. Some things You consider cheap, are expensive as hell in Poland. I think here we have the main problem sad.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 6 2014, 09:41 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I have recently become aware (Actually it has been a year ago) that the biggest music store we have here in Alaska is now carrying Orange amps, I really need to get in there a check them out. smile.gif

http://mammothmusicak.wordpress.com/

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:16 AM