Got Real Bummed When I Got To Sam Ash Today
SeeJay
May 12 2014, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
I recorded a great band a few years ago, The Vanity Plan, they had some minor success. One of the guitar players had an amp that we used a lot, a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade. He had some basic marshall cab, but we were all digging it through a vintage Hiwatt LA412 cab I owned. Long story short, I ended up selling him the cab because they paired well and I wasn't using it a lot. It was a piece of gear that was hard for me to part with (it was the first 4x12 cab I ever owned (not a bad score) ).

Today I walked into a Sam Ash near me and what do I see, the Switchblade and the Hiwatt cab for sale. I knew the band wasn't active anymore, but it was like seeing one of my own children put into jail. Now I feel compelled to break her out.

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Attached Image

Crap, that pic came out sideways. . . .how do I fix that. . . hmmmm

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 13 2014, 02:50 AM
GMC:er
I say go for it!! But I'm a gear nut so I'd probably encourage you no matter what it was smile.gif But a cool HUGHES/HIWATT rig? Sure!!!

QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 11 2014, 07:01 PM) *
I recorded a great band a few years ago, The Vanity Plan, they had some minor success. One of the guitar players had an amp that we used a lot, a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade. He had some basic marshall cab, but we were all digging it through a vintage Hiwatt LA412 cab I owned. Long story short, I ended up selling him the cab because they paired well and I wasn't using it a lot. It was a piece of gear that was hard for me to part with (it was the first 4x12 cab I ever owned (not a bad score) ).

Today I walked into a Sam Ash near me and what do I see, the Switchblade and the Hiwatt cab for sale. I knew the band wasn't active anymore, but it was like seeing one of my own children put into jail. Now I feel compelled to break her out.

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Attached Image

Crap, that pic came out sideways. . . .how do I fix that. . . hmmmm

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:44 PM