2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Duendezillo's November Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Nov 7 2009, 12:52 PM
Instructor
Angel welcome to your November thread.

We have to cover 4 weekly assignments and one REC submission in this month. Since one week is passed in this month, we will have to squeeze in 2 assignments in one week in order to finish everything!

Here are your first two assignments for November! Deadline for these is 14th of November.

Assignment 1 :

- Record Triads in C major scale part 2 lesson (audio is fine but video would be great).
- You can find the actual lesson HERE
- I am providing you backing track for it as we can use this one for REC submission as well !
- Post your recording in this thread here.

Assignment 2 :

- Theory and Harmony test, complete answers to 10 questions bellow :

1) C is V in what major scale?
2) If G is I what is III ?
3) If A min is III what is V?
4) If F is IV what is I?
5) If E diminished is VII what is I?
6) If D is V what is II ?
7) If B diminished is VII what is III?
8) If C min is III what is II?
9) If D min is VI what is V?
10) If G min is II what is I?

If you are unsure what the answers are to those questions, please read my post from the link bellow!

- LINK

Let me know if you have any extra questions, I will be happy to respond to them.

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  120bpm_main.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 92

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Nov 9 2009, 06:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok, here we go!
I'll look at the new assignments now...
Thanks Pedja,

Angel

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 10 2009, 04:00 AM
Instructor
Great Angel. Let me know if you need any help with them!

--------------------

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Nov 10 2009, 05:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Pedja,
Here are the answers for the theory and Harmony test. I found out by looking at the fretboard mostly and/or counting up/down the diatonic scale.
Tell me if there is any mistake.

1. F
2. B
3. C
4. C
5. F
6. Am
7. Em
8. Bm
9. C
10. F

Regarding C major triads part 2, I'm doing well and soon you'll have some vids on this post.
wink.gif

Angel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 10 2009, 06:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (duendezillo @ Nov 10 2009, 05:56 PM) *
Hi Pedja,
Here are the answers for the theory and Harmony test. I found out by looking at the fretboard mostly and/or counting up/down the diatonic scale.
Tell me if there is any mistake.

1. F
2. B
3. C
4. C
5. F
6. Am
7. Em
8. Bm
9. C
10. F

Regarding C major triads part 2, I'm doing well and soon you'll have some vids on this post.
wink.gif

Angel

Some very good answers Angel. There are however mistakes in there smile.gif

1) Correct. C is V in F major scale. F major scale however has Bb instead of B note. Formula for any major scale is W W H W W W H. W= whole step , H = half step.
2) Partially correct. G is I hence G major scale, and III is then B minor not just regular B.That is what I was looking for.
3) Correct C is V if A min is III.
4) Excellent. F is IV in C major or C major is I if F is IV.
5) Excellent. E diminished is VII so all you have to do is go up a half step and find your I which you did.
6) Correct A min and D make up II V pattern.
7) Excellent. B diminshed is VII, C is I and on every III scale degree is minor chord so C D E we get E minor chord.
8) Not correct. If C min is III what is I? You need to go down two whole steps to find I and then write out the notes of that major scale using W W H W W W H (w= whole h= half step) formula.
9) Excellent. D minor is VI and V is only whole step away from VI so you went down a whole step and got C. On V scale degree in major scale we always get major chord. Excellent.
10) Excellent. If G min is II you go down a whole step to find your I chord which you did.

So 2 out of 10 wrong or 8 correct depends which way you want to look at it. Try to correct the mistakes, in the meanwhile get working on the 2nd assignment smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Nov 10 2009, 09:17 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Nov 10 2009, 07:26 PM) *
Some very good answers Angel. There are however mistakes in there smile.gif

1) Correct. C is V in F major scale. F major scale however has Bb instead of B note. Formula for any major scale is W W H W W W H. W= whole step , H = half step.
2) Partially correct. G is I hence G major scale, and III is then B minor not just regular B.That is what I was looking for.
3) Correct C is V if A min is III.
4) Excellent. F is IV in C major or C major is I if F is IV.
5) Excellent. E diminished is VII so all you have to do is go up a half step and find your I which you did.
6) Correct A min and D make up II V pattern.
7) Excellent. B diminshed is VII, C is I and on every III scale degree is minor chord so C D E we get E minor chord.
8) Not correct. If C min is III what is I? You need to go down two whole steps to find I and then write out the notes of that major scale using W W H W W W H (w= whole h= half step) formula.
9) Excellent. D minor is VI and V is only whole step away from VI so you went down a whole step and got C. On V scale degree in major scale we always get major chord. Excellent.
10) Excellent. If G min is II you go down a whole step to find your I chord which you did.

So 2 out of 10 wrong or 8 correct depends which way you want to look at it. Try to correct the mistakes, in the meanwhile get working on the 2nd assignment smile.gif

Hi Pedja,
You wrote If C min is III what is I? instead of asking what is II, which was the real question above. I just realized. But, I made a mistake anyway.
So,

If C min is III, I is G#...and II is A#m

Tell me if i'm wrong please...
Thanks

Angel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 10 2009, 10:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (duendezillo @ Nov 10 2009, 09:17 PM) *
Hi Pedja,
You wrote If C min is III what is I? instead of asking what is II, which was the real question above. I just realized. But, I made a mistake anyway.
So,

If C min is III, I is G#...and II is A#m

Tell me if i'm wrong please...
Thanks

Angel

Hi Angel,

The answer is still wrong unfortunately. In any major scale you need to have 7 different notes. That means that if C is III , II has to be some sort of B and I has to be some sort of A same way IV has to be some sort of D V some sort of E etc
You get the idea

So you are on the right path but as you see G# A# and then C would be omitting B before C and therefore that is incorrect. I am sure you will work out the answer now wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Nov 11 2009, 08:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Pedja!
Working on it....
wink.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 11 2009, 09:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (duendezillo @ Nov 11 2009, 08:13 PM) *
Thanks Pedja!
Working on it....
wink.gif

Awesome, look forward to results!

--------------------

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Nov 12 2009, 11:32 PM
Learning Roadie
I: Ab (G#)
II: Bbm (A#m)
III: Cm

I think I got the idea...

Angel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 13 2009, 02:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (duendezillo @ Nov 12 2009, 11:32 PM) *
I: Ab (G#)
II: Bbm (A#m)
III: Cm

I think I got the idea...

Angel

Perfect!
The letters that are not in parenthesis are correct well done. Look forward to your 1st assignment smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 14 2009, 12:33 PM
Instructor
By the way Angel I can't post your next assignment before you finish the ones you have left!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 15 2009, 03:35 PM
Instructor
Angel how is Triads lesson going ? Let me know if you need some help man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Nov 15 2009, 07:30 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Nov 15 2009, 04:35 PM) *
Angel how is Triads lesson going ? Let me know if you need some help man.

Excuuuuuse so much for the delay. But I haven't touched my computer in the entire weekend...As a matter of fact, I had the triad lesson in my bag days ago but I could't record it until today. So...here it is. Excuse me also for the quality of the audio/video. I wanted to edit it well but too much for me now...

Thanks for your interest and support Pedja! Hope you like it,

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 15 2009, 09:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (duendezillo @ Nov 15 2009, 07:30 PM) *
Excuuuuuse so much for the delay. But I haven't touched my computer in the entire weekend...As a matter of fact, I had the triad lesson in my bag days ago but I could't record it until today. So...here it is. Excuse me also for the quality of the audio/video. I wanted to edit it well but too much for me now...

Thanks for your interest and support Pedja! Hope you like it,

Awesome work Angelo! Thank you for submitting the video. I think you can submit it for REC program by the end of month as well which will leave us with 2 assignments only until the end of the month.
One side thing I would like to recommend is play lowest note with thumb and rest with I and M (index and middle fingers). This is good as well because I left fingerings optional for everybody to interpret their own way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Nov 16 2009, 04:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Pedja,
You were right about the fingering. I was't paying attention! I'll fix it in the future
Thanks,
wink.gif
Angel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 16 2009, 06:40 PM
Instructor
Angel we now move on onto your 3rd assignment.

Assignment 3 :

- Record Triads in C major scale part 3 lesson (audio is fine but video would be great).
- You can find the actual lesson HERE
- I am providing you backing track for it as we can use this one for REC submission as well !
- Post your recording in this thread here.

Deadline for this assignment is 23rd of November.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  120_bpm.mp3 ( 1.16MB ) Number of downloads: 78

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 22 2009, 10:31 AM
Instructor
Angel 2 more days until the due date for assignment. Will you be able to do it by deadline ? Let me know if you need any help.

--------------------

+Quote Post
duendezillo
Nov 22 2009, 03:00 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Nov 22 2009, 11:31 AM) *
Angel 2 more days until the due date for assignment. Will you be able to do it by deadline ? Let me know if you need any help.

Yes!
I'll record it today. I had a terrible 'hang over type' weekend

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 22 2009, 03:48 PM
Instructor
Ok I look forward to it Angel.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:38 PM