Off To See Dream Theater In A Few Hours :)
Gitarrero
Feb 15 2012, 05:02 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey guys,

I am really excited cause in about three hours I am finally going to see my first Dream Theater concert!

I'm sure I'm gonna have a blast, I'll let you guys know how it was smile.gif
Since my mobile is kinda old I won't shoot any pics though, I'll leave that to the pros and Iphone users.

Christian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 15 2012, 05:16 PM
GMC:er
Awesome! Better yet, Way Spiff! smile.gif Congrats man, you are gonna dig it big time! Now go get an iphone/android phone/any phone with a camera so you can share such spiff moments with your bro's @ GMC! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 15 2012, 11:02 AM) *
Hey guys,

I am really excited cause in about three hours I am finally going to see my first Dream Theater concert!

I'm sure I'm gonna have a blast, I'll let you guys know how it was smile.gif
Since my mobile is kinda old I won't shoot any pics though, I'll leave that to the pros and Iphone users.
Christian

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Feb 15 2012, 05:16 PM
wish you a great guig man!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2012, 05:29 PM
Instructor
Awesome mate!!! How is the place where they will play? Where will you be?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 15 2012, 05:45 PM
Instructor
Nice!!! Congrats Dream Theater is a great band! Have fun!!!!!!

+Quote Post
PeteLucifersAnge...
Feb 15 2012, 05:49 PM
Learning Roadie
I wish it was me! John petrucci is my all time favorite guitarist! and it is good that you aint watching them play throught a mobile phone lol... its such a shame biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Saddlefall
Feb 15 2012, 06:19 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Cool man! I wan't to see them too. My dad is a fan of them and he is almost 60 smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Explorer
Jackson Warrior WRXT
Jackson RR24
Schecter Demon 7 string

Amp:
Marshall JMD:1

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 15 2012, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Have a great time Christian.. don't throw your underwear at the band though ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2012, 10:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 15 2012, 06:06 PM) *
Have a great time Christian.. don't throw your underwear at the band though ! wink.gif

laugh.gif otherwise, LaBrie will end up just like Frank Zappa, interrupting his speech to say some nice words to the lady who couldn't keep herself from throwing her underwear on the stage laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 16 2012, 10:42 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Haha, you guys...well, I threw my underwear at Petrucci, hoping to get his pick back in return. But I wasn't lucky this time sad.gif
Still, the concert was pretty awesome, what a great band!
The fact that no videos of last night's show turned up on youtube shows that there were a lot of people like me just wanting to enjoy the music, not banning it with bad audio quality on a small phone laugh.gif

Here you can see the setlist:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theate...y-5bde9bac.html

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Feb 16 2012, 10:50 AM
Apprentice Roadie
"Pull Me Under" has been one of my favorite songs for the better part of 20 years or so. Glad they played it! Must have been a great show!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 16 2012, 06:31 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Found a video on youtube, it even has a decent sound quality.
The guy filmed "The Silent Man", it was their little acoustic break. Enjoy smile.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 16 2012, 06:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 16 2012, 02:31 PM) *
Found a video on youtube, it even has a decent sound quality.
The guy filmed "The Silent Man", it was their little acoustic break. Enjoy smile.gif

Hey mate! I'm glad to know that you had a great time!! I love this song those beautiful chord progressions every time that I pick up the acoustic guitar.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 17 2012, 12:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 16 2012, 05:58 PM) *
Hey mate! I'm glad to know that you had a great time!! I love this song those beautiful chord progressions every time that I pick up the acoustic guitar.

Thank you for bringing back such nice memories smile.gif I always have a lot of happy thoughts when I'm listening to this tune!

+Quote Post
steve-rec-freak
Feb 17 2012, 01:23 AM
Hi,

yeah I watched them in Hanover AWD Hall. I Have seen them since Metropolis 2000 whenever they were in the area (sometimes twice biggrin.gif ) . The Setlist was slightly different though :

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theate...y-3bdeacfc.html

The more glad I am that you shared "The Silent Man", because this was not part of the Hanover Set. biggrin.gif
I must say that this was maybe the best show I have ever seen by DT live. The play like they feel free again. Even James is doing announcements, telling something about the songs, which he almost never did before. And I like Petrucci doubling the vocal parts. His voice is more comfortable to me than Portnoys. I think they made the right decision to move on.

And WHAT A INTRO biggrin.gif . Mr. Fastfinger was calling. So cool cool.gif

cheers,

S

+Quote Post
steve-rec-freak
Feb 17 2012, 01:26 AM
Hi,

yeah I watched them in Hanover AWD Hall. I Have seen them since Metropolis 2000 whenever they were in the area (sometimes twice biggrin.gif ) . The Setlist was slightly different though :

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theate...y-3bdeacfc.html

The more glad I am that you shared "The Silent Man", because this was not part of the Hanover Set. biggrin.gif
I must say that this was maybe the best show I have ever seen by DT live. The play like they feel free. Even James is doing announcements, telling something about the songs which he has almost never done before. And I like Petrucci doubling the vocal parts. His voice is more comfortable to me. I think they made the right decision to move on.

And WHAT A INTRO biggrin.gif . Mr. Fastfinger was calling. So cool cool.gif

cheers,

S

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:35 AM