German Power Metal Scene, What has happened?
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 31 2012, 05:30 PM
GMC:er
I couldn't find a better man to ask this question then the protagonist himself smile.gif
In the 80's German power/speed metal scene was strongest in the world IMO ,i grew up with bands like Helloween, Blind Guardian, Running Wild, Grave digger,Heaven's Gate, Angel Dust, Rage...

Only Blind Guardian and Gamma ray remained strong and consistent as usual , with not necessary oscilations ,but it seems like there are not so much newer power bands like in the old days?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 31 2012, 05:44 PM
Instructor
Great question to the right person! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Nov 15 2012, 03:17 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I wouldn't say there are no new good bands in Germany, actually I even disagree. Check out Powerwolf for example, I absolutely love them. Their latest album "Blood of the saints" is absolutely amazing. When I first heard about them I was a bit estranged by their image and lyrics, but when I really listened to their music I was hooked immediately. Another great band would be Masterplan, they just presented a new lineup and are about to release a new album as far as I know, in case you don't know it check out their second album Aeronautics, I really like all their albums, but this one is their best in my opinion. Those are only two examples, so I wouldn't really say the german scene is dead today. It might have been stringer back in the old days (lol, somehow I feel very old now ^^) but there are still awesome bands around today. I guess it is a bit like this with every scene, there are ups and downs, at some point there are many bands, and a bit later only the strong survive. Take a look at the scandinavian scene for example, in the 90s there were a million melodic death metal bands coming from there, and today there is In Flames, Opeth and Dark Tranquility left, the strong ones survived, but it doesn't mean there are no other good bands from that area anymore. Isn't this a great thing after all, digging out new jewels? ;-)

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:03 PM