20 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Project Quadrium Riff/lyric Ideas, share our riff/lyric ideas here
SirJamsalot
Jun 14 2011, 09:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 13 2011, 11:35 PM) *
Good point! Sure! smile.gif I"ll take a crack and the BASS tracks.

P.S. Did you guys see that post about Clayton Picks looking for new players to Endorse? Apply! smile.gif

I had not heard! I guess I should read up on it. Do they need a video, audio or anything like that? What's the url?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 15 2011, 10:48 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Jun 14 2011, 03:48 PM) *
I had not heard! I guess I should read up on it. Do they need a video, audio or anything like that? What's the url?

Here is the thread about the CLAYTON ENDORSEMENT. Lot's of Q&A in there as well smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry527709

QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 14 2011, 06:30 AM) *
Yeah smile.gif I have applied already. Just waiting for an answer now smile.gif Hope they answer soon.

And one more thing Todd, if you done with adding fx to vocals upload the solo track here so Christian can line it up smile.gif

Will do!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 16 2011, 03:29 AM
NEW BASS TRACK! ASCENSION PARADOX

I had the thought to try to do something like an Early Cliff Burton type tone on the bass. Something with a bit of gain and plenty of low growl. I created a set of new stems that include silence just in case when I exported and duplicated the guitar track and tweaked it into our hyper aggro bass.

Here is a preview.
Attached File  June15_Withbass.mp3 ( 12.31MB ) Number of downloads: 119

Here is a ZIP with the REAPER project and stems.

Attached File  June16_Ascension_CliffBurtonBassStyle.zip ( 15.86MB ) Number of downloads: 90

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 17 2011, 04:44 AM
Here is the Vocal Track for Song 1 from Christian with FX Baked n. It has silence baked in the at the start as well. Give this one a shot in the mix.

Attached File  VocalsOnly.mp3 ( 5.07MB ) Number of downloads: 85

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 18 2011, 01:37 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Todd,

Here is the dry guitar track of Ascension Paradox as you requested smile.gif I tried to upload to kompoz but i got error all the times :S So i am uploading here. If you insert this track into your june16 project file form zero point, it will be perfect match smile.gif Let me know if something goes wrong.

PS: I will try to sync to vocals in our song 1 smile.gif

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jun 20 2011, 08:47 PM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 18 2011, 07:03 PM
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 17 2011, 07:37 PM) *
Hey Todd,

Here is the dry guitar track of Ascension Paradox as you requested smile.gif I tried to upload to kompoz but i got error all the times :S So i am uploading here. If you insert this track into your june16 project file form zero point, it will be perfect match smile.gif Let me know if something goes wrong.

PS: I will try to sync to vocals in our song 1 smile.gif

Dogukan,

Great thanks! smile.gif I"ll give this a shot. Hope you can make it to the lesson today!

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 19 2011, 11:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 18 2011, 06:03 PM) *
Great thanks! smile.gif I"ll give this a shot. Hope you can make it to the lesson today!

Okey smile.gif And sorry i missed your lesson yesterday Todd sad.gif I were studying for my exams and too tired sad.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 20 2011, 05:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Todd,

Any luck with the bass parts yet?

And here is my sync try of Temporal Narcosis. I tried my best but since i don't know the exact timing maybe i couldn't sync it well. So Christian what do you think smile.gif

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jun 24 2011, 12:40 PM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 21 2011, 01:12 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Todd, did you change the speed of my vocal track? I can't sync it to the backing, it seems a little slower...?
I have chopped the vocal parts up to sync them to the backing, worked out well I guess...Todd, did you cut some pieces out of the vocal track? As some lyrics are missing...
I caught a cold just before the Hurricane Festival, and three days of shouting and singing along didn't make my voice better laugh.gif otherwise I'd record the vocals again just now in a higher tone, just to try it.
Todd, I used a regular Shure singing mic, pluged into my V-amp 3, which is connected to my Notebook via USB. I cranked everything up, but still the signal was very low. Any advice what I can do better?

Christian

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jun 21 2011, 03:07 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 22 2011, 11:22 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 21 2011, 07:12 AM) *
Hey Todd, did you change the speed of my vocal track? I can't sync it to the backing, it seems a little slower...?
I have chopped the vocal parts up to sync them to the backing, worked out well I guess...Todd, did you cut some pieces out of the vocal track? As some lyrics are missing...
I caught a cold just before the Hurricane Festival, and three days of shouting and singing along didn't make my voice better laugh.gif otherwise I'd record the vocals again just now in a higher tone, just to try it.
Todd, I used a regular Shure singing mic, pluged into my V-amp 3, which is connected to my Notebook via USB. I cranked everything up, but still the signal was very low. Any advice what I can do better?

Christian

Can't wait to hear it! I just dragged and dropped the file in to reaper when I put the fx on it. But I can download the original file and go for it again.

If you would, download the file you posted and see if everything you recorded made it in to the file. I didn't slow it down but I did take it several steps lower to make it much deeper. Could that be what you are hearing?

As for your setup, are you recording in REAPER? If not, give it a try. The level meters are very good and it will take a good bit of level before it craps out.

QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 20 2011, 11:49 AM) *
Hey Todd,

Any luck with the bass parts yet?

And here is my sync try of Temporal Narcosis. I tried my best but since i don't know the exact timing maybe i couldn't sync it well. So Christian what do you think smile.gif

Here is a link to the bass part from a previous post.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=23865

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 23 2011, 12:06 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 21 2011, 12:12 PM) *

Christian

It will be great after more work smile.gif I can already say that smile.gif I loved that version also smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 22 2011, 10:22 PM) *
Here is a link to the bass part from a previous post.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=23865

Okey then our Ascension Paradox is ready except vocals smile.gif I assume you have seen the latest version of drums that Chris has uploaded from kompoz. I put them into the project file rendered to mp3 and sent to Ulrik alongside lyrics smile.gif He said that he will make the vocals smile.gif He's got some ideas already smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 24 2011, 02:52 AM
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 22 2011, 06:06 PM) *
It will be great after more work smile.gif I can already say that smile.gif I loved that version also smile.gif

Okey then our Ascension Paradox is ready except vocals smile.gif I assume you have seen the latest version of drums that Chris has uploaded from kompoz. I put them into the project file rendered to mp3 and sent to Ulrik alongside lyrics smile.gif He said that he will make the vocals smile.gif He's got some ideas already smile.gif

Dogukan,

Don't keep us waiting! smile.gif I'd love to hear what you have. If you can post the MP3 without vocals that would be great just so we can hear it.

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 24 2011, 06:25 AM
Learning Rock Star
I got it all planned how I think it should sound, but I got a big exam next friday, so I probably won't recorded before that.

Thanks for having me do a guest performance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 24 2011, 12:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 24 2011, 01:52 AM) *
Don't keep us waiting! smile.gif I'd love to hear what you have. If you can post the MP3 without vocals that would be great just so we can hear it.

Hey Todd,

I'm posting the final version to kompoz currently smile.gif

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jun 24 2011, 05:25 AM) *
I got it all planned how I think it should sound, but I got a big exam next friday, so I probably won't recorded before that.

Thanks for having me do a guest performance.

Your welcome man smile.gif We thank you actually smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jun 24 2011, 06:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ok guys, I just had a go at some of it.
Just two verses and a chorus.

I'm not sure I can see a clean voice fit this music.

So this is just to get an idea of what i've been thinking.
Volume, stereo ... nothing is adjusted.
And I must admit it sounds different after I extracted it as mp3.

The chorus sounds horrible, some words fall out, I miss some timing and notes,
and I was thinking of some real Pantera like screaming at the end of the chorous, which I haven't tried yet.

Remeber this is just a fast attempt, and I need to learn exactly how to use the microphone in this style.
tell me if this is nothing like the style you want.

A world full of miracles
Beyond his imaginations
So many doubts abouts it's existance
It's time to break this paradox

Told within the ancient prophecies
A ritual has been made
Once he's controlled his inner consciousness
The spiritual cycle can be complete
Once he's controlled his inner consciousness
The spiritual cycle

(Chorus)
The new day is dawning
The doorways between the worlds are opening
As the ascended is stepping through
His body's transcending beyond it's limit

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Jun 24 2011, 08:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 24 2011, 11:43 PM
Learning Tone Master
I like the style very much man smile.gif Sounds cool so far smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 25 2011, 03:59 AM
Big props for giving this a shot! Same to Gitarrero. Vocals are just plain hard and it takes real stones to even attempt it. I'm digging it smile.gif We can always lower your voice in post production so don't shred your vocal chords to bad if you don't have to.

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 25 2011, 05:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 25 2011, 02:59 AM) *
Big props for giving this a shot! Same to Gitarrero. Vocals are just plain hard and it takes real stones to even attempt it. I'm digging it smile.gif We can always lower your voice in post production so don't shred your vocal chords to bad if you don't have to.

Yeah you are so right Todd smile.gif By the way you said that you will give it another shot to Christian's vocal track. And updates yet? smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 26 2011, 05:30 PM
I'm working on the mix today and going to put the intro back in as I had dropped the fader on that track during the last mixdown.

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 26 2011, 10:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 26 2011, 04:30 PM) *
I'm working on the mix today and going to put the intro back in as I had dropped the fader on that track during the last mixdown.

Awesome smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:45 PM