Lesson Improvement Suggestions, What would you like to see improved/added/taken out of my lessons?
David Wallimann
Feb 8 2008, 02:49 PM
Instructor
I want to serve you as best as I can, so please let me know what a perfect lesson would be for you!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 8 2008, 02:51 PM
GMC Founder
WOW this is excellent thinking David! laugh.gif I am looking forward to see what response we get!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 8 2008, 02:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
David your lessons are awesome , I don't we can have anything else from them.

Or maybe if you could send your talent thru the video directly to me something like space jam , and I would use it for a month and than I would give it back to u, that would be pretty awesome.

Seriously David your lesson ROCK!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 8 2008, 02:56 PM
GMC:er
I love your lessons David and they always are great fun to play and help me improve. The only thing I'd say is to have the chords come up in every lesson from now. I know you did on the last and a tiny bit bigger if possible like Joe's lessons.

http://www2.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-g...r4-bossa-study/

Apart from that I love your lessons smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 8 2008, 03:04 PM
Some metronome exercises would be cool... exercises on moving scale boxes while using the metronome at different speeds and some metronome rythm lessons would be cool... If the metronome is soo important to use in playing there should be a whole section on using it... beginner, intermediate and advanced metronome exercises.. Im used to playing along with Cds so the metronome is a big mystery to me, even though it does seem like it slows down when i play..

--------------------

+Quote Post
chast
Feb 8 2008, 06:02 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey David,

I always like your first video where you speak about the lesson, but I would prefer it, if you speak in every video just a bit smile.gif
So for me a perfect lesson would be a 101 spoken lesson wink.gif

Greets Max

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Iluha
Feb 8 2008, 06:10 PM
QUOTE (chast @ Feb 8 2008, 07:02 PM) *
Hey David,

I always like your first video where you speak about the lesson, but I would prefer it, if you speak in every video just a bit smile.gif

Greets Max

I second that smile.gif a spoken lesson is the perfect lesson.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 8 2008, 06:13 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (chast @ Feb 8 2008, 06:02 PM) *
Hey David,

Greets Max

Yes, a spoken 101 (or a whole series)

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 8 2008, 06:33 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (MickeM @ Feb 8 2008, 05:13 PM) *
Yes, a spoken 101 (or a whole series)

yeh definitely! perhaps one about using different modes to reflect different moods?

+Quote Post
jammer91
Feb 8 2008, 07:05 PM
QUOTE (chast @ Feb 8 2008, 09:02 PM) *

I agree too.

Maybe David, you can do some more metal soloing lessons at a more intermediate level. I liked your phrygian metal lesson a lot. Oh and all your lesson has some amazing licks so i really cant complain.

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 8 2008, 07:07 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm going for the spoken lesson aswell. You and Pavel already have a talk lesson, lesson number one. But It's better to spread it I think. Just like Chast said.

There is a big diffrence between a teacher and a player. For a guitar instructor it's most important to be a teacher. Beacease a lot of instructors only play and don't tell anything, it's not realy a lesson. More a demo.

We have a lot of great players here teaching. It would be great if that can be changed to , we have a lot of great teachers here teaching. You probably are good teachers, but sometimes lessons don't realy teach. Just look at Kris 101 lessons and you see what I mean, that's teaching.

David, dont'worry, you teach nicely! and BTW
I think this post should be move to the GMC main forum so it's not just read by David mostly, but also by Gabs, Dejan etc.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 8 2008, 09:33 PM
Instructor
All of these suggestions are extremely helpful guys!
So far it seems that most of you want more talking and explaining.
I'm taking notes! :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 11 2008, 12:07 AM
more lessons on using the metronome and exercises using it would help out alot..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robwylde
Feb 11 2008, 12:35 AM
A lesson on what and how different scales work with different chords. A true musical application with examples of why they work together and how. But just so all the instructors know they are doing a fantasic job cool.gif THANK YOU!

+Quote Post
slak
Feb 11 2008, 12:45 AM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Feb 10 2008, 03:07 PM) *
more lessons on using the metronome and exercises using it would help out alot..

I agree.

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 14 2008, 02:08 PM
Instructor
Just wanted to keep you guys posted.
I got some new lights which will result on much higher video quality.
I'm also working on a next lesson with: spoken video for each part + metronome parts. :-)
You guys have great suggestions! Keep them coming!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 15 2008, 04:36 AM
I cant wait for the metronome lessons... thanks man... that metronome is a tricky little devil...

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 15 2008, 04:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Feb 14 2008, 10:36 PM) *
I cant wait for the metronome lessons... thanks man... that metronome is a tricky little devil...

It sure is!!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
RouteOne
Mar 2 2008, 04:29 AM
Hi David,
After I've heard your introduction of "slow pentatonic lesson" I missed some more (writen) details on theory. There's a huge amount of lessons and information and it's hard to find my way through. Maybe a few links/http: to related topics (by Andrew Cockburn, for instance) or lessons would help. Or a text on the subject.

Some tips: when using GuitarPro I found out that I can do my own loops inside the score, depending on the mesures I'm learning, and in this "slow pentatonic" I could keep looping myself the 7 mesures I've learned all along the total score, like inviting some guitar player into the room.
(O,O°)

+Quote Post
sam47
Mar 18 2008, 07:57 PM
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Feb 8 2008, 03:33 PM) *
All of these suggestions are extremely helpful guys!
So far it seems that most of you want more talking and explaining.
I'm taking notes! :-)

Explinations are very helpful to me. Your SRV lesson is an excellent format. I can't think of any improvements but I'm sure there's plenty of good ideas out here. BTW ,got any Buddy Guy in your bag of tricks? Not that I don't have enough to learn already but I'd love to see your approach to his style. Great job your doing here!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:23 PM