2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hi All^^, -
Sh4d0w
Oct 14 2008, 01:29 PM
GMC:er
Hey there, Sh4d0w speakin'!

Just to introduce myself the classic way:

Hi, I'm Stijn ( pronounce it as Stan with a little bit longer lasting 'a' ) and I'm 16 years old since 3 weeks. I live in Belgium. I bought my first guitar, which I'm still using, 2,7 years ago. I started with private lessons, but those were mainly based on open chords, which became ''small'' power and barré chords. After I quit there, I had like a 'dead' period of half a year, trying to improve myself, yet failing continiously. After that I went to a school specialized in singing, drums, bass and guitars (classic, acoustic, electriq). That first season was so incredibly bad hence I was placed in the wrong group, so I actually already knew everything they teached in those classes..
Now, I'm still in the same school, for the second season (so obviously the one after that **bad word** previous one) and I finally am learning a little bit... But we get techniques in these classes aswell, whilst I have already learned alot of em myself. Currently I'm having trouble with the pinch harmonic, but I'll get there! My dad hadn't heard me in ages and thinks I've got talent, meh, I'm not sure about that yet! smile.gif

Soon I'm going to buy an Ibanez RG 350 EX, not sure of my choice yet though, if you have got any suggestions for someone who likes to rock, play metal and I'm starting to solo... Nearly able to play that ''John Petrucci Style Melodic Solo''. Ow, as a sidenote, I'm here since yesterday and at once I felt like I had to register on here, so much material, tutorials, videos, to learn from..

My motto is: Practice makes Perfect.

Please, if you need to know more about me, don't hestitate to leave me a message!

PS: Some people wonder if I'm really Belgian, 16 years old, YES I am. tongue.gif
PPS: Currently I'm sick, that's why I'm at home and not at school! ^^

Rock on.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Dec 19 2008, 06:38 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 01:32 PM
Welcome to GMC Stijn. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 14 2008, 01:34 PM
Instructor
Welcome man. Enjoy this great site

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Oct 14 2008, 01:38 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC:)
Great motto! You will go far here. Enjoy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Oct 14 2008, 01:47 PM
Welcome! (Noob laugh.gif )

I just had to bring it back tongue.gif

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 14 2008, 02:21 PM
Instructor
Welcome. smile.gif

Man,that was funny picture above laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Nazgul
Oct 14 2008, 02:31 PM
Welcome here. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chuck Norris rules!

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 14 2008, 04:56 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

This post has been edited by Matt23: Oct 14 2008, 04:56 PM

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Oct 14 2008, 05:11 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Welcome to GMC mate! smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Tolek
Oct 14 2008, 05:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
Bienvenue à GMC! smile.gif Je suppose que tu parles le francais. smile.gif Tu vas avoir des bons moments ici. Environ 60 professeurs incroyables qui font des superbes lecons et une grande community très sympa t´attendent.

Translation. tongue.gif
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif I suppose you speak french. smile.gif About 60 awesome instructors who make fascinating lessons and a big and very sympathic community are waiting for you.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Sh4d0w
Oct 14 2008, 05:38 PM
I'm from the Flanders, but yes, I'm able to speak French! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Oct 14 2008, 05:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
I thought this! biggrin.gif I´ve got a friend who comes from the Flanders, too. smile.gif So, you generally speak netherlandish?

PS: Say hi to Ned Flanders! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Oct 14 2008, 05:43 PM

+Quote Post
timono
Oct 14 2008, 05:50 PM
welcome to GMC, have fun!!, (i know you will laugh.gif )

timon

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Canis
Oct 14 2008, 06:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome Stijn =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
chmilew
Oct 14 2008, 06:04 PM
Welcome Stijn, great to have you there smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sh4d0w
Oct 14 2008, 06:19 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Oct 14 2008, 06:43 PM) *
I thought this! biggrin.gif I´ve got a friend who comes from the Flanders, too. smile.gif So, you generally speak netherlandish?

PS: Say hi to Ned Flanders! smile.gif

If you mean Dutch with Netherlandish, sortha, only ont with the ''strong G'' and that sorth of accents. No offense intended! ^^

And thanx@all

+Quote Post
Tolek
Oct 14 2008, 06:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Sh4d0w @ Oct 14 2008, 07:19 PM) *
If you mean Dutch with Netherlandish, sortha, only ont with the ''strong G'' and that sorth of accents. No offense intended! ^^

And thanx@all

So, your "Dutch" is a bit lovelier. laugh.gif

Cheers, mate. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 14 2008, 06:34 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC Sh4d0w!! Thats a good moto!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Oct 14 2008, 07:05 PM
Instructor
welcome man, nice introduce! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 14 2008, 07:58 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC mate, have a good one smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:55 AM