Iced Earth By Ben Higgins, So close it's not funny
Patrik Berg
May 10 2012, 12:45 AM
GMC:er
Hey there, I've been drilling the Iced Earth lesson by Ben, although I've been playing metal since 1990 my picking hand is still suffering, I guess I never took the time to sit there and play slowly, this particular lesson has helped me massively, the gallops, the sextuplet style gallop it's all exactly what I need, I recently changed the way I hold my pick too and I found that has made a huge improvment to my picking. Anyhow back too it.
Thanks Ben for this awesome lesson.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 10 2012, 01:58 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I still have Horror Show, Something Wicked, Stormrider, and Days Of Purgatory memorized song for song, note for note. Not to mention countless other Iced Earth tunes.

Playing these songs for HOURS, gave me a great head start on endurance and picking strength.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 10 2012, 06:57 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
It is a great lesson for learning galloping rhythm. I practiced this one for a while too. It is a workout on the picking hand for sure!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 10 2012, 09:41 AM
Instructor
Thanks Patrik, really glad you like it and are finding it useful !

However hard you're finding it to learn ? It was that hard for me to record it laugh.gif laugh.gif

Schaffer is a monster !

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 10 2012, 01:58 AM) *
I still have Horror Show, Something Wicked, Stormrider, and Days Of Purgatory memorized song for song, note for note. Not to mention countless other Iced Earth tunes.

Playing these songs for HOURS, gave me a great head start on endurance and picking strength.

Awesome, sometimes you just can't beat the intensity of Jon's riffs and Barlow's vocals ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
May 10 2012, 11:16 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 10 2012, 08:41 AM) *
Thanks Patrik, really glad you like it and are finding it useful !

However hard you're finding it to learn ? It was that hard for me to record it laugh.gif laugh.gif

Schaffer is a monster !

Awesome, sometimes you just can't beat the intensity of Jon's riffs and Barlow's vocals ! cool.gif

Yeah, it's sad that Mat doesn't sing with them anymore..I hope he'll get smart and return to the Iced Earth for the 2nd time smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 10 2012, 11:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ May 10 2012, 11:16 AM) *
Yeah, it's sad that Mat doesn't sing with them anymore..I hope he'll get smart and return to the Iced Earth for the 2nd time smile.gif

I think it's just the touring side of things that interfere with his family life. I think the whole 9/11 thing made him re-assess his priorities in life. Although he came back for a while, I think the tour commitments starting building up again more than he and Jon anticipated. At least that's the general gist I got from interviews. But yeah, his voice is the one for IE smile.gif He's the most consistent live performer as well from all the footage I've heard.

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
May 10 2012, 11:21 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 10 2012, 10:20 AM) *
I think it's just the touring side of things that interfere with his family life. I think the whole 9/11 thing made him re-assess his priorities in life. Although he came back for a while, I think the tour commitments starting building up again more than he and Jon anticipated. At least that's the general gist I got from interviews. But yeah, his voice is the one for IE smile.gif He's the most consistent live performer as well from all the footage I've heard.

Yeah, he should return to the band, and screw his family life!!
Is he a metaller, or not?? cool.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 10 2012, 04:09 PM
Owens was amazing, and Block is just as amazing. We get all these good singers under the Iced Earth banner, especially Barlow, so I feel privileged smile.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
May 10 2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah, they're all good, you forgot John Greely , but it's not so good for band's reputation to change vocalists like socks...you know what i mean..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 10 2012, 09:02 PM
Instructor
Iced Earth is a band that is like a secret for me, I only listened a bit to the album "The Dark Saga", and I liked it. However I don't know who is the singer on that one, is the original?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 11 2012, 02:50 AM
Thats Owens on that smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 11 2012, 08:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 11 2012, 02:50 AM) *

Isn't it a mini album of re-recordings of earlier songs ?

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
May 11 2012, 06:58 PM
Nope.
It's purgatory, from Burnt Offerings set.
And Dark Saga is sung by Barlow, not Owens.
Btw Owens is coming to Belgrade in autmn with some heavy metal supergroup?? cool.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: May 11 2012, 07:09 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 11 2012, 07:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 10 2012, 10:50 PM) *

I searched at wiki and it says: Matt Barlow – lead vocals

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 11 2012, 07:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 11 2012, 07:07 PM) *
I searched at wiki and it says: Matt Barlow – lead vocals

I was just there too ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 11 2012, 10:10 PM
Yes I meant Barlow, big mistake! Was actually posting in another thread about Owens and got it mixed up.

Dark Saga is also about Spawn, Jon Schaffer's favorite comic smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:23 PM