15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Skennington, Uploads and Discussion
UncleSkillet
Jul 13 2009, 01:14 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
This looks pretty good to me Steve. Nice job smile.gif Great way to spend your afternoon.
Like you said, just tighten up a few parts and work on a wider vibrato.

REC it up bro! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 13 2009, 07:22 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Thanks man, will do! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 18 2009, 02:40 AM
what up Jeff, next up on the agenda....HERE I've dropped down a bit.. ph34r.gif and this should be a little workout for me not to mention a lot of fun! I'll post the progress.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 18 2009, 04:41 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 17 2009, 09:40 PM) *
what up Jeff, next up on the agenda....HERE I've dropped down a bit.. ph34r.gif and this should be a little workout for me not to mention a lot of fun! I'll post the progress.. smile.gif

OK, lets go with this. It goes along with the comments you got with your last REC upload.

So since we're jamming in drop you are going to use you Les Paul, right?

This lesson is really going to help tighten up your rhythm (timing). Look at your last video upload (for the REC). You would look back and forth at your right and left hand and you were not as comfortable as you should be with your hands. Trust yourself and if you are going to look at something then just make it your left hand. Never look at what you right hand is doing with this lessons upload. Also pay attention to the vibrato, ok. smile.gif

I'm happy to give more comments on uploads. The dog sitter backed out so I will be home on vacation this week while my family is gone. Got to work on my own playing issues so holler back if you need me.

Your doing great Steve smile.gif

PS: I like this format better. You pick the things you feel you would like to work on (lessons) and I'll help to keep you on track with your own style and development.

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jul 18 2009, 04:51 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 18 2009, 08:08 PM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jul 17 2009, 11:41 PM) *
OK, lets go with this. It goes along with the comments you got with your last REC upload.

So since we're jamming in drop you are going to use you Les Paul, right?

This lesson is really going to help tighten up your rhythm (timing). Look at your last video upload (for the REC). You would look back and forth at your right and left hand and you were not as comfortable as you should be with your hands. Trust yourself and if you are going to look at something then just make it your left hand. Never look at what you right hand is doing with this lessons upload. Also pay attention to the vibrato, ok. smile.gif

I'm happy to give more comments on uploads. The dog sitter backed out so I will be home on vacation this week while my family is gone. Got to work on my own playing issues so holler back if you need me.

Your doing great Steve smile.gif

PS: I like this format better. You pick the things you feel you would like to work on (lessons) and I'll help to keep you on track with your own style and development.

I like it too man! smile.gif Unfortunately, can't use the LP, sold it a while back. Just didn't like the way the fret's felt on the 2000 model. They are machined. On the 3000's and up, they are hand ground. I've dropped my tiger stripe down.. cool.gif

I'm tone searching atm and wanted to see what your thoughts were on this tone....

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Drop_D_Tone_Test.mp3 ( 448.59K ) Number of downloads: 131

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 18 2009, 10:42 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Sounds pretty close to me. Hard to tell without hearing it blend with the backing. Watch the Bass. If I had to make a guess about any adjustments it would be to back the bass off some and raise the mids up a little. That would give you a clearer, punchier crunch that might blend better imo. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 18 2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks man, I'll continue to work it a bit. at least now I know I have a good starting point. smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 19 2009, 01:50 AM
Hey, Mr Sach fan, you seen this lesson from Zsolt yet?....

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/joe_sa..._with_you/#last

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 19 2009, 04:10 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 18 2009, 08:50 PM) *
Hey, Mr Sach fan, you seen this lesson from Zsolt yet?....

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/joe_sa..._with_you/#last

Haha.. lol biggrin.gif

Your reading my mind. I'm on it! That's my vacation project tongue.gif

Please get out of my head ph34r.gif

I'm going to REC this ##### wink.gif cool.gif

Edit: Check this out bro! This is how you do it wink.gif smile.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jul 19 2009, 04:23 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 19 2009, 04:58 AM
Awesome vid man! and yes, that IS getting it done! Look at his left hand at the 9:38 mark and few other places, who does that remind you of...The Claw! tongue.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 20 2009, 11:04 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 18 2009, 11:58 PM) *
Awesome vid man! and yes, that IS getting it done! Look at his left hand at the 9:38 mark and few other places, who does that remind you of...The Claw! tongue.gif laugh.gif

Ah yes the Claw. ph34r.gif Also at 10:19 smile.gif

Man, 1st day on vacation and I got to tell you Steve it is freaking me out how quite it is around here. Spooky wacko.gif
I'm not sure why I feel guilty about just laying around with the dogs and watching TV today. Oh well, maybe a beer will help smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 21 2009, 04:45 PM
Hate you had to miss your vacation with your family man. Yeah, I feel the same way when I have the house to myself which is not that often. I'm sure your missing them already.

Look at it this way, definitely time to sit down with the strings and have some fun! smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 24 2009, 02:13 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Steve, I posted a ruff sound check, take kind of thing in my MTP thread for Muris to comment on. Here is a link.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry404351

I you have a minute I would like to hear you thoughts as well. smile.gif

Still working on it

Skillet

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 24 2009, 02:48 AM
Thanks for asking me to comment Jeff. smile.gif

Overall, your playing is tight but the thing that stood at to me the most was vibrato was not clear in some spots. I don't think that it was you, I think it was more the tone. Don't get me wrong, I like it, I just think it needs a little more work with EQ to get it more defined so you can hear everything more clearly.

Do this for me, open your FX chain on the lead track. Select ReaEQ (cockos) for EQ setting. Then click the "preset setting" and try each of them. I personally like the "wide female vocal" setting. I also like the "mud free" setting for some tracks. I think you can make this tone a bit better, ( it's already good ) but play around some more with it. The mid's seem to be a little high for my liking but your always telling me to add more... tongue.gif

Try some of the settings I mentioned and find one you like then duplicate the track and pan...You know the drill. wink.gif I would even add a third and center it and see how fat it sounds.

I have backed off of bumping a track to get a stereo field and started using Loser/stereo enhancer and adjusting the width to my liking. Seems to sound a bit better to my ears after the render process.

I love what you have so far man and can't wait to hear the final! smile.gif

This post has been edited by skennington: Jul 24 2009, 02:48 AM

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 24 2009, 03:04 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot Steve, I will try that and see what happens.

I think the one of the problem is my stock pickups though mad.gif I haven't been happy with them for quit so time sad.gif

I'll keep working on it Bro smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 24 2009, 03:40 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
You're killing me Jeff......I was drooling with anticipation waiting to hear you bust out the Satch tapping lick and then your take ended..... sad.gif Probably jammed your tapping finger during baseball season I suppose.....I can wait...... tongue.gif laugh.gif Nice work on your take.....
Sorry for hijacking your thread.....\m/\m/

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 24 2009, 03:47 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jul 23 2009, 10:04 PM) *
Thanks a lot Steve, I will try that and see what happens.

I think the one of the problem is my stock pickups though mad.gif I haven't been happy with them for quit so time sad.gif

I'll keep working on it Bro smile.gif

I know you will and I know you won't post it until you completely satisfied! Again, can't wait to hear it! cool.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jul 23 2009, 10:40 PM) *

You know your always welcome in this bar Monte... wink.gif What will you be having tonight? Hope it's suds, that's all we serve... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 24 2009, 04:39 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jul 23 2009, 10:40 PM) *
You're killing me Jeff......I was drooling with anticipation waiting to hear you bust out the Satch tapping lick and then your take ended..... sad.gif Probably jammed your tapping finger during baseball season I suppose.....I can wait...... tongue.gif laugh.gif Nice work on your take.....

I stopped there on purpose biggrin.gif laugh.gif

I'll get it together guys and thanks for helping.

@Monte you are always welcome here. Well as long as your buying, another round on you then my friend! tongue.gif laugh.gif

Skillet

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 24 2009, 04:47 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jul 24 2009, 04:39 AM) *
I stopped there on purpose biggrin.gif laugh.gif

I'll get it together guys and thanks for helping.

@Monte you are always welcome here. Well as long as your buying, another round on you then my friend! tongue.gif laugh.gif

Skillet

I'll just keep buying and drinking then until I hear me some tapping...... tongue.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 24 2009, 05:00 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Alright Steve an Monte, here is another mix, still the same crappy licks that need to be tightened up but I'll get it.

Is this EQ any better Steve?

Cheers guys smile.gif cool.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...=20#entry404351

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jul 24 2009, 05:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:51 PM