> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Chromatic Fusion Licks, Lesson By Stephane Lucarelli
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Manu RASSE
Jul 27 2017, 05:06 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Original lesson: Chromatic Fusion Licks by Stephane Lucarelli

Hi GMC

I worked this lesson during July.
Every day, I practised chromatic exercises to make small movements.

Thank you for the advice

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jul 27 2017, 05:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 27 2017, 06:00 PM
Instructor
Hi MisterM! I'm the first here just for grading. We are working at Gab's Army so you already know my thoughts about your work.

Keep on rocking mate.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 29 2017, 09:23 AM
Instructor
Hey there!

Another great choice of lesson. You're a good and serious student so let me pass on some regular compliments and do straight to the point.

With this kind of playing, at this level every single detail counts. To get the smoothnes and feel of original take, you have to learn every single pick stroke or legato, because the create tension points and accents. What you've managed lately is a nice picking strength match and the hand sync that is getting better and better. There are just a few spots where something went wrong sync-wise and overall timing is good but not as tight as demanded for this kind of playing. But it sounds more like a lack of confidence....you know, the "hesitation" factor that's involved when what we learn is still quite fresh for our hands and the rec button has been hit smile.gif But timing is not a critical issue in your case....rather wanted to point out that your just missing only a bit to have a pro timimng skills.

About the tone....it's subjective but I feel that this particular strat switch position with it's phase cancelling some mid frequencies is not a perfect choice for this lesson. It's great for some rhythm pop/funk cleans, but here I feel like it takes away some of the "juice".

Going back to the most important thing - picking vs legato. You really need to review every single pick stroke and it's direction. For example in the very first run (7th position) there should be hammer-on and pull-off while you pick twice. It totally changes dynamics of this lick and makes it sound more square. At this level such a details make a difference because yeah it's mainly these details that makes pros sound like they do smile.gif

But remember....you do a great job and start to sound like a professional player so....you'll be graded as one and we're trying to help you best by pointing even smallest details that matters smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 4 2017, 01:13 PM
GMC Founder
Nice!

Tone wise you have less dynamics then Stephane - this can depend on several different things. For example if you have loud pickups, playing with dynamics is hard. Also boosters/compression/gain take away dynamics. Finally the amount of dynamics in your hands/technique will have great impact. More dynamics would make this take more enjoyable.

For what it's worth - I also noticed some possible inconsistency in your bending. The first bends you seems to rely on finger strength - however towards the end (for example 00:24) you use your whole arm. The later feels much better to me, and if I were I would try to get more consistent with that.

This is still an enjoyable take so you get an 8 from me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 11 2017, 12:30 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:54 AM