18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Announcement : Gmc Senior Members
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 27 2007, 05:06 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Dear all,

It gives me great pleasure to announce the following new GMC initiative.

We have a few members that have been around GMC for a while that have been making above average contributions. These people have encouraged, led by example and used their knowledge to help others progress in many different ways.

Kris has decided that we need to recognise these people and mark them out as Senior Members for two reasons - Firstly we want to show people that their contributions are valued. Secondly, we want to show others the kind of behavior that we want to foster on GMC. This site is an incredible place to hang out, and the members being recognised have played a huge part in that. We want to encourage that same attitude in others.

Senior members will get the following benefits:
  • Free membership
  • Custom title
  • Badge Attached Image
  • Free GMC Senior T-shirt
  • Access to the secret Seniors board
Senior Members are being picked out by Kris - when we discussed this we came up with a list of the type of qualities required so that others will know what they need to do to get Senior Member status. Since the GMC site is all about you the users, if anyone feels strongly that a particular member deserves this honour feel free to PM me, and I'll try and convince Kris that they are worthy, if I agree smile.gif

In order to be considered as a senior member, you will need at least the following:

1. Good Attitude

GMC is a great place to hang out, and we want to keep it that way. People who start arguments or are deliberatly objectionable need not apply. However, please note that reasoned disagreement is very much encouraged, and is a very positive thing when coupled with politeness. We will not consider anyone that has been in trouble with the moderation staff.

2. Has something important to add, or has shown leadership

Everyone has their own sweet spot or area of expertise. Using this knowledge to help others, or provide information to the community at large is a defining attribute of a senior member.

3. Be around for more than 3 months.

Some people seem to pop up, post for a while then disappear - I am guessing when their first subscription runs out. We want people that have staying power as Senior Members.

4. Posted a reasonable number of times.

Senior Members are people on the board that are familiar to all of us, and have posted sufficiently that we have a feel for their character, personality and interests. Five posts definately won't do it - maybe 50 will, depending on the content of those posts, maybe it will take more.

5. Good Communication skills.

We like to encourage clear, well written language, and good expression of ideas. This is not about how good your English is - a large number of members use English as a second language, and we absolutely will not take that into account. This is about not using slang, or abbreviations, it is about using paragraphs and punctuation.

Anyone who conducts themselves on GMC in this way stands a good chance of being made a Senior member eventually smile.gif

On the flip side, we are also looking for GMC Senior Members to exercise a little bit of additional responsibility in keeping GMC a great place to hang out. You will be the people that the other members look up to (in fact you already are, we are just formalising it!). We'll be asking GMC Senior members to be on the lookout for flame wars, bad language, copyright violations, and anything that doesn't fit with GMCs philosophy, and report it to the appropriate board moderator. Thankfully at GMC this sort of thing is extremely rare!

The first few Senior Members will be contacted in the coming days, and I'll announce their arrival on this thread.

Regards,

Andrew

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Aug 14 2009, 12:55 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 27 2007, 08:12 PM
GMC:er
This sounds like a great idea smile.gif i think there are a number of great members here whos contributions have helped many people ( me included smile.gif) it will be great to see them getting recognition and identifyability, even though alot of us know who they are from seeing there great posts and there constant presence on the site smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jun 27 2007, 08:13 PM
sounds greaT!

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 27 2007, 08:29 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jun 27 2007, 09:12 PM) *
This sounds like a great idea smile.gif i think there are a number of great members here whos contributions have helped many people ( me included smile.gif) it will be great to see them getting recognition and identifyability, even though alot of us know who they are from seeing there great posts and there constant presence on the site smile.gif

Agreed! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 27 2007, 08:30 PM
Instructor
Really really cool idea! Good job Andrew and Kris! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 27 2007, 08:57 PM
I'm pleased to announce that our very first Senior Member is ....

MickeM

MickeM's helpful attitude and great knowledge of Amps and effects, and more importantly the way he is always happy to advise other members earned him this deep GMC honour!

Henceforth, MickeM will bear the Costume Name "Born of NWOBHM" - I'll let him explain that!

Congratulations MickeM!

Others will follow ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 27 2007, 09:02 PM
Learning Roadie
laugh.gif I think there is but one appropriate thing to say:

Rock on, dudes! laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 27 2007, 09:10 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 27 2007, 07:57 PM) *
MickeM

MickeM's helpful attitude and great knowledge of Amps and effects, and more importantly the way he is always happy to advise other members earned him this deep GMC honour!

Henceforth, MickeM will bear the Costume Name "Born of NWOBHM" - I'll let him explain that!

Congratulations MickeM!
Others will follow ...

Congratulations. Really deserved it!

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jun 27 2007, 09:18 PM
Instructor
Congrats MickeM! Now, I'm really curious about the "Born of NWOBHM" smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 27 2007, 09:24 PM
OVATIONS!!! Yey!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Jun 27 2007, 09:33 PM
I'm really curious about the "Born of NWOBHM"

It's the New Wave of British Heavy Metal - pronounced "NEWobbom" Very cool!

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 27 2007, 09:47 PM
Lets go fishing!
Andrew, surley you are describing yourself in these qualitys! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 27 2007, 09:49 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jun 27 2007, 04:47 PM) *
Andrew, surley you are describing yourself in these qualitys! biggrin.gif

Of course biggrin.gif Where do you think I got the ideas from ? I just described myself laugh.gif

Just kidding, but nice of you to say so!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 27 2007, 09:50 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Whew! Thank you everyone, I must say I'm very happy about this sudden turn of events. biggrin.gif

"Born of NWOBHM" - NWOBHM is the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, after I had finished with my dads Creedence and "Trio med Bumba" (Swedish folk) records as a kid the music I chose for my own way was right there when the brits started off with the NWOBHM. Birth to my taste in music and raised with it laugh.gif

And I'm still stuck with 80's heavy metal, which is of great joy among my friends who have no understanding about how one can get that snowed in... little do they know.

Celebrates with some newer tunes, attached below. Sorry for the short clip, just recorded it and only a short part.

I'll keep trying to throw amps, opinions and tips to left and right all over the place. You don't have to listen to it if you think it's a pain in the... ooops don't want to get moderated in this post rolleyes.gif but I hope I've been able to help someone with something.

Cheers, rock on! cool.gif
Attached File  Peruvian.wma ( 827.86K ) Number of downloads: 663

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 27 2007, 09:51 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 27 2007, 09:50 PM) *
Whew! Thank you everyone, I must say I'm very happy about this sudden turn of events. biggrin.gif

"Born of NWOBHM" - NWOBHM is the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, after I had finished with my dads Creedence and "Trio med Bumba" (Swedish folk) records as a kid the music I chose for my own way was right there when the brits started off with the NWOBHM. Birth to my taste in music and raised with it laugh.gif

And I'm still stuck with 80's heavy metal, which is of great joy among my friends who have no understanding about how one can get that snowed in... little do they know.

Celebrates with some newer tunes, attached below. Sorry for the short clip, just recorded it and only a short part.

I'll keep trying to throw amps, opinions and tips to left and right all over the place. You don't have to listen to it if you think it's a pain in the... ooops don't want to get moderated in this post rolleyes.gif but I hope I've been able to help someone with something.

Cheers, rock on! cool.gif
Attached File  Peruvian.wma ( 827.86K ) Number of downloads: 663

Oh I nearly for MickeM, congrats man! laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Jun 27 2007, 09:55 PM
Congrats MickeM. Well deserved.

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 27 2007, 09:55 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 27 2007, 08:50 PM) *

Thats really good!! A bit too much distortion for my taste though tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 27 2007, 10:02 PM
Hey this is really cool!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 27 2007, 11:04 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 27 2007, 04:57 PM) *
MickeM

Congratulations MickeM!
Others will follow ...

Congrats MickeM cool.gif

A well deserved honor!

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 27 2007, 11:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool, I like it.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:00 PM