> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Blues Duet: Rhythm & Solo, Lesson By Stephane Lucarelli
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

piporz
Oct 31 2014, 01:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Blues Duet: Rhythm & Solo by Stephane Lucarelli

Not that proud of this take, but Cosmin told me I should upload. It's the first time ever I record myself, so it will be better next time. I didn't realize the stand was blocking my left hand, I'll make sure it doesn't happen next time x)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black, Fender Champion 600, Ibanez TS808 my only gear :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 31 2014, 01:56 PM
Instructor
Hey mate!

I am glad to see that you accepted my suggestion wink.gif The REC Zone is that one place in which you can post your takes and receive our comments, so that you may become better and better with your playing!

I think that this take is very good - you have good timing and articulation skills, but the tone could be a bit brighter, as Stephane uses it - yours has a bit too much of the tone rolled down, I think?

I think you have started your journey well, so please keep posting as many takes as you can here and we'll make sure to give our feedback smile.gif

All the best!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 31 2014, 01:57 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 1 2014, 03:56 AM
Instructor
Hi friend! Congrats on your first recording!

I have to say that this is a very good first video man! Your playing is very nice to hear, I enjoyed the feeling that you have gave to this take. There are some phrases that are played with a different groove/rhythm but I have to say that I enjoyed these differences, you added more of your style to the tune.

Comparing your take with the original lesson I also note the tone thing. We could just say that you have a different tone, but I feel that your sound is lacking some definition and presence, even if you like lower sounding tones. I would experiment a bit more with EQ, adding some treble or high mids.

Another difference that I note is that Stephane makes more use of dynamics as an expression thing. Your phrasings tends to be between soft and very soft, while Stephane accentuates some notes in some sections to make the solo sound even more organic. Listen again to the original take and focus on it. The difference in tone also helps with this.

So, as you can see, I'm talking about details, and the reason is that your playing is very good on this one, Just focus on these little comments in order to keep on improving your playing.

Cheers!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Nov 4 2014, 08:28 AM
Instructor
Hi piporz,

Great take overall, nice feel & tone - a little brighter would be great ! -
As Cosmin & Gab said you just have to pay more attention to dynamics to improve your take.

Being picky, I would also recommend you a little more focus on your left hand vibrato : more sureness .

Cheers,
wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 4 2014, 10:52 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very good take!

I like the expressive vibe you have in your playing. To take this lesson performance up a notch, concentrate on the rhythm side of Stephane's phrasing. Try to play the phrases just like him, concentrating on details like note length and sustain. For example 2nd lick in the lesson that starts with a rake sounds a bit staccato and rushed (0:05). Compare it with the original lesson. The original lesson has a pretty laid back feel with lots of long and sustained notes flowing one over the other.

Your guitar looks and sounds great! To match the strat tone of the Stephane lesson, try to add a bit more brightness and bite to the tone.

Looking forward to your new REC takes! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 6 2014, 06:14 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8.25

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:04 AM