Reaper Licensing, I'm puzzled
thefireball
Aug 6 2011, 03:37 PM
Learning Roadie
So we are aware of the recording program called "Reaper," correct? Okay. They claim that it is not a free program. After 30 days you must purchase a license. What is that a scare tactic? Haha. Just kidding. I've used it for longer than 30 days and I still don't see any limitations, as their notice says in the nagging box while loading the program. happy.gif

They offer two licenses according to how you use it. But a person could just buy the discounted license even if they qualified for the full license. I understand there is no difference. There is only one version. So we are on the honor system? biggrin.gif

I'm confused as to why this would be so. Is this just a nice organization? We can use the thing forever for free. We don't have to support them if we don't want to. Although, I would like to purchase the discounted license someday in support this awesome program.

What is your opinion or perspective on this? smile.gif

-Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:49 AM