> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: B.B's Blues, Lesson By Chris Harrington
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Timmez
Apr 7 2016, 01:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: B.B's Blues by Chris Harrington

Hey Guys, Here another take of this lesson. greetz Tim

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=56748

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2016, 04:56 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, this is getting better but there are still details to have in mind and room for general adjustments.

- Bending: Your bending is not precise, you can check the first one and you'll see that it's not hitting the pitch perfectly. You need more work on this technique. This is the most important issue.

- Smooth: There are some licks that could sound smoother, for example the repetitive phrase at 00:16.

- Dynamics: There is also room to go softer on some notes to make this one sound more expressing. Listen carefully the original performance to see what I mean.

Besides this you can give some attention to timing when doing legato and also check your guitar tuning which doesn't feel completely well.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 9 2016, 10:54 AM
Instructor
Hi Tim, I can see one place where your choice of finger positions is making it harder for you. That repeating bend lick at 0:16. I notice that you use the 3rd finger to bend the B string and also to fret the 14th fret on the E string. This is creating an audible gap in the lick where you have to move that same finger from one string to another.

Instead, you should let your 3rd finger deal only with the B string and use your 2nd finger to fret the 14th fret on the E string. If you watch the original lesson parts, specifically the slow version, you'll see that Chris does this too. It can be hard to see so I can understand why you thought he was doing it with only the 3rd finger.

I hope this makes sense to you. Using your fingers in an efficient way means you can avoid unwanted pauses in your licks.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 12 2016, 02:16 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim!

First of all - congratulations on your progress! smile.gif I can't say yet, that some techniques are 100% perfect and some other need more work, but I can say something else, positive instead - you have a visible progress in every aspect that has been pointed before. Your bending is way better (even if not still perfect), you've managed to remove a lot of gaps there were before. You've also keep better timing and more groove and taste.

As we repeat constantly - blues lessons are not easy ones so it may take a lot of time to get perfect, but more important is to show the progress with each take, and yes, you did it smile.gif Well done

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 13 2016, 01:10 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:25 AM