Apprentice Bushido 48
Ben Higgins
Dec 28 2012, 11:27 AM
Instructor
Task 48: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Double-Stop-Phrasing/

Gentlemen, it's been nearly 50 Tasks since you walked into this Temple and I've been blown away by your progress and commitment so far ! However, no time to stop and celebrate as there is more to learn and.. guess what.. another Task has dropped from the skies and landed in the Temple courtyard !

This one is quite dreamy and laid back so you've got the time to absorb the chords and this double stop thingy that Sinisa is talking about. A double stop usually refers to 2 notes. I first heard of double stops when dealing with those bends that use 2 strings but I never knew the term could apply to any 2 notes. So, here we go ! smile.gif

Deadline is next Friday 4th Jan or I'll force you to relive the nightmares of all your Xmas shopping again !!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
zoom
Dec 31 2012, 04:02 AM
Learning Roadie
This is way harder than it looks. I really like this sort of playing. Kills my left hand practicing this too.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 31 2012, 10:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Dec 31 2012, 03:02 AM) *
This is way harder than it looks. I really like this sort of playing. Kills my left hand practicing this too.

Ah that's good then. You're enjoying it so it's not so much hard work when you're getting into it smile.gif

Yeah it does ask a lot from your finger strength. You've got to maintain the pressure on the strings whilst keeping your finger sort of straight and just pull down.

+Quote Post
Quantum
Jan 2 2013, 02:26 PM
GMC:er
Happy New Year! ^^

Here is my video of the Bushido Task:

Bushido Task #48
I decided to play it Jeff Beck-style.

Hope you like it. : )

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 2 2013, 02:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Quantum @ Jan 2 2013, 01:26 PM) *
Happy New Year! ^^

Here is my video of the Bushido Task:

Bushido Task #48
I decided to play it Jeff Beck-style.

Hope you like it. : )

Great take, my friend ! Yes, it's very interesting to see your version played with just fingers and thumb. I think it works very well. smile.gif

Well done on that bend at 0:13.. this is a notoriously difficult technique but you've already shown you can get to grips with it !

Just watch out for timing.. in a few places you went slightly in front of the beat, ok ? This tends to happen a lot when a player is concentrating hard - we have a tendency to rush when excited / nervous / recording etc wink.gif

Watch out for tuning as well, guitar was just a little bit out. You played really well so you don't want an out of tune guitar to spoil your hard work smile.gif

Well done Dian !!

+Quote Post
Quantum
Jan 2 2013, 02:38 PM
Thank you, Ben!

I will consider these tips when I'm working on the next task. : )
I should change my strings, too.

+Quote Post
zoom
Jan 4 2013, 05:45 AM
Learning Roadie
Well back again. Another day another attempt smile.gif
Really found this quite tricky getting my fingers and picking in place and on time. I've worked on this alot this week and definitely have improved so I'm fairly happy. smile.gif
Thinking about this I think because I have to concentrate on both hands it's hard. Normally the right hand is more automatic and I can think more about the left hand but not with this.

https://soundcloud.com/zoomify/double-stop-phrasing-lesson

You beat me again Quantum - good work mate!

+Quote Post
Quantum
Jan 4 2013, 10:44 AM
Well, I think you did great. After all, that's not a race. I have so much to work on, too. : )
And I used all of my fingers, which is easier for me when picking different strings at once.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 4 2013, 10:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Jan 4 2013, 04:45 AM) *
Well back again. Another day another attempt smile.gif
Really found this quite tricky getting my fingers and picking in place and on time. I've worked on this alot this week and definitely have improved so I'm fairly happy. smile.gif
Thinking about this I think because I have to concentrate on both hands it's hard. Normally the right hand is more automatic and I can think more about the left hand but not with this.

https://soundcloud.com/zoomify/double-stop-phrasing-lesson

You beat me again Quantum - good work mate!

Very nice work, Z !

Picking the notes of a chord is always tricky in my opinion. You've done a grand job of it though. You even nailed that blues bend thingy near the start too !

I've got to ask you a question about your level of improvement....

Have..

Have you...

Have you found the Pick of Destiny ??? ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jan 4 2013, 10:50 AM

+Quote Post
zoom
Jan 4 2013, 11:28 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 4 2013, 10:50 AM) *
Very nice work, Z !

Picking the notes of a chord is always tricky in my opinion. You've done a grand job of it though. You even nailed that blues bend thingy near the start too !

I've got to ask you a question about your level of improvement....

Have..

Have you...

Have you found the Pick of Destiny ??? ph34r.gif

Ha Ha laugh.gif

I was thinking what's Mr Ben on about? I used my mate google and found the Pick of Destiny.
I will have to see this. I love Jack Black and loved School of Rock.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 4 2013, 06:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Jan 4 2013, 10:28 AM) *
Ha Ha laugh.gif

I was thinking what's Mr Ben on about? I used my mate google and found the Pick of Destiny.
I will have to see this. I love Jack Black and loved School of Rock.

You haven't seen P.O.D. yet ?? Oh my, you're in for a treat !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:30 AM