> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Limit's 'no Limit' Course
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 26 2012, 08:17 AM
Instructor
Howdy mate! It's indeed improved in comparison with the last one, but you still have work to do wink.gif The triplets are better, but as you head into that section you shift the notes with a bit of a delay, while in the case of the 16th notes, you are focusing on playing that last one in each group but as you continue, you tend to lose it on the way.

Can you send me a complete take at 75% of the actual speed? smile.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Limit
Oct 1 2012, 03:52 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Alright Cos, I've been playing with the slowest backing track (90 Bpm) and had some issues adjusting my timing to playing the triplets. I had gotten used to blasting them like 123123, and with the slower backing track it kinda messed with me and so I ended playing them more like 123...123. I dunno. I recorded a take the other day but had some sync issues that I couldn't deal with unsure.gif .

So, ultimately I just ended up scrapping that and doing another. Its a pretty steep learning curve at the moment as I'm still trying to figure out a good workflow to record pic and audio and of course trying to learn the lesson

To be honest, I feel like I'm really struggling when the red light comes on. I imagine it must be pretty common, I practice and play without any issues, then hit record and things go to $h!t. dry.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 1 2012, 02:31 PM
Instructor
Hey buddy, take it easy wink.gif I have that too sometimes biggrin.gif Now, the more you record, the better and loose you will become! That's a certainty smile.gif

The issue with the triplets is that you are not playing triplets in this take - you are actually playing 2 eight notes and a dotted eight note, if i am not mistaken. Try the following drill:

1) Set the metronome at a slow tempo - quarter notes in 4/4
2) Start counting out loud: 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3.... but pay attention to have them as equal notes - not as you are playing them now.

After doing this and having the pulse settled into your system, try the triplet part in this lesson, on the guitar smile.gif

Let me know how it goes, k?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Limit
Oct 4 2012, 12:05 AM
Alright, here's another take with the triplets hopefully played like triplets tongue.gif

hmm, the vid has some sync issues..... one sec

This post has been edited by Limit: Oct 4 2012, 12:49 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 4 2012, 09:09 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! A LOT better, but still towards the ending you are in a bit of a hurry biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Limit
Oct 10 2012, 05:06 AM
Hey Cosmin,

I'm still practicin' away man. I've started working on hitting quarter notes and sixteenth notes against the metronome as a warm up before the lesson and I think this will be real beneficial to hitting the notes cleaner and help a lot with bringing my picking hand up to speed to take a crack at a full tempo take. I gotta admit hammerin out this one lesson over and over again has been trying at some points - I'm playing more guitar than ever before but can't help but feel I could benefit from a little variety. It is probably a blessing and a curse - being so eager to learn everything, yet being so ........... um, undeveloped, lol. I've included a take from today, sorry the quality is quite terrible, but posting a vid helps keep me honest. I've been trying to slow down and accentuate a little better - maybe my "G" string is getting worn out laugh.gif

I was checkin' out your song a day thread the other night and really enjoyed listening to some of your pics. A couple of those tracks really took me on a ride, so thanks for that. Anyway, hope you're doing well man - Later.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 10 2012, 04:06 PM
Instructor
Hey man! This is WAY better! Now the fact that you accentuated the picking gives it a bit of a rigid feel but, timing wise, it is CORRECT wink.gif

Well, I know that you probably want to work on something else as well, but it all depends on the time you have to invest in practicing. If you got more time, you can also tackle something else alongside this lesson. I can't wait to see it at full tempo, now that you have grasped the correct principles!

Glad you enjoy that thread biggrin.gif It's usually filled with the stuff that I enjoy listening to so, if you know what's there, you probably have a pretty clear idea on my tastes smile.gif

+Quote Post
Limit
Oct 21 2012, 05:47 AM
Hey Cos,

I'm still plugging away at this lesson man. I dunno, I think i've played it so many times that it's just starting to sound weird to me - it has become very mechanical and I seemed to have lost the musical nature of it, if that makes sense. I find my 16th notes still arent' being articulated perfect yet - I guess I'm gonna have to hit the metronome a bit harder. Anyway man, hope all is well and hopefully I'll be able to post that elusive perfect take soon.

Later buddy!

+Quote Post
Limit
Oct 22 2012, 05:58 AM
I haven't posted a video in awhile so, here's a vid from tonight

Is it possible I'm getting worse? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 22 2012, 11:34 AM
Instructor
Mate, this is very good!

I mean, aside from a few times when you were less groovy on the triplets part, you went absolutely fine with the rest. have some faith in yourself, will ya? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Limit
Oct 29 2012, 06:36 AM
Hey Cos,

Another weeks' gone by already!

Training Update;

Fingers have begun to callus
Killed my first set of batteries in my metronome
Finally got around to putting some new strings on the old axe

Here's the latest attempt:

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 29 2012, 09:40 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Nice, very nice! Still a bit uneven, JUST A BIT, on the triplets, but here's what I say: post this one in the REC zone and let's move a bit forward with things, what do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Limit
Oct 29 2012, 01:45 PM
Let's do it man! I will keep this exercise in my warmup routine and continue to practice it with the metronome. What's next?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 30 2012, 11:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Limit @ Oct 29 2012, 12:45 PM) *
Let's do it man! I will keep this exercise in my warmup routine and continue to practice it with the metronome. What's next?

I have another one for ya, from Ben's bag of tricks again biggrin.gif How clean can you get this flowing?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

+Quote Post
Limit
Nov 4 2012, 07:00 AM
Man! There is some killer stretches in this one! I've had quite a busy week, but I'm working my way though these hand positions. Hopefully, I'll have a vid for ya soon!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 4 2012, 01:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Limit @ Nov 4 2012, 06:00 AM) *
Man! There is some killer stretches in this one! I've had quite a busy week, but I'm working my way though these hand positions. Hopefully, I'll have a vid for ya soon!

wink.gif Please do mate! But take your time to do things right!

+Quote Post
Limit
Nov 15 2012, 06:19 AM
Hey Cos,

It's been awhile, but I'm still practicin away man. I've been making alot of progress w/ the big stretch chord shapes, but linking everything together seamlessly is taking more time. I've been alternating practicing this lesson with some metronome work with the old alternating picking lesson. I feel like my picking is starting to become more accurate and it has been feeling less forced lately - Hopefully I'll have a vid for ya soon.
I also checked out your new Deftones lesson - sounds awesome man! I picked up their new album yesterday and have been really enjoying it. Hope all is well man

Later

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 15 2012, 08:00 AM
Instructor
You have NO IDEA how glad I am when you're telling me that your picking is improving biggrin.gif

Take your time and let me know when you have a vid for me and regarding Koi No Yokan - there's a group here in Bucharest, being formed of members from various bands and such and once a week we gather to listen to music, play board games and have a jolly good time in general smile.gif Last Tuesday evening we listened to Koi No Yokan and it was great!

+Quote Post
Limit
Jan 2 2013, 06:51 AM
Hey Cos

Happy New Year man! Seems' we've survived the end of the world, so it's back to practisin' here in the new year with the goal of developing some new mad skills. Hope you've had a chance to enjoy a few days off yourself! I've been crazy busy with work and traveling to see friends and family but it's finally starting to slow back down and I'm really looking forward to get back into my practice routine.

What do you say we start 2013 out with a new lesson?

Hope to hear from you soon man!

Later

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 2 2013, 10:18 AM
Instructor
Howdy man! Thank you! biggrin.gif I hope that 2013 will bring out great things for you as well!

Well, I had let's say 2 days in which I did nothing - I can't stay away from things too much tongue.gif But anyway, of course we can re-fresh things - what should it be, lead or rhythm? And, how is the picking arpeggios lesson going? smile.gif You haven't told me anything about it in the last posts smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:50 AM