Do You Ever Get Cold?
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 12 2011, 06:48 PM
Instructor
Another cold got me, must be the change of weathers.. It's annoying to be at 60% power dry.gif

Do you guys catch a cold often? how do you fight it? smile.gif I choose lemonade and honey.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Nov 12 2011, 07:00 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ever since I work out regularly I don't catch colds so fast anymore.
When I do, I usually eat lots of fruit and take extra vitamin c+zinc supplements two times a day. And I drink hot lemon tea. That usually does the trick...and of course take it easy, get a lot of sleep, get fresh air.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Nov 12 2011, 07:00 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2011, 08:07 PM
Instructor
yes, I get colds in winter.... I use medicines to fight it...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Nov 12 2011, 09:44 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I also tried to fight them with medicine, but get the same results with the methods described above. We have a saying in Germany:
"With medicine, a cold will last 7 days. Without them, it'll last a week."

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Nov 12 2011, 10:10 PM
GMC:er
The common cause of getting the cold is actually stress related and almost brought on by yourself. You might think it happens at a bad time, but it's natures best way of telling your body to take a time out.

Most medicines contain sugars and suppressants which temporary make you feel better, but in reality make the cold last longer and can even cause virus mutations (super viruses) in the future.

The only cure I've found for the cold is rest and lots of hot fluids.
Failing that or needing something stronger, anything with alcohol in.

+Quote Post
dark dude
Nov 12 2011, 10:48 PM
(Excuse the mini rant, but I see these misconceptions all too often.)

Stress can affect the immune system, leaving you with decreased defenses.

Most medicine that's taken for colds consists of paracetamol and some sort of decongestant (e.g. phenylephrine hydrochloride), so there's no need to worry about a cold virus mutating - you're thinking about antibiotics.

One of the reasons that it's difficult to go a lengthy period of time without a cold is that the cold virus isn't just one virus, so the immune system can't keep track.

---

Wrap up warm, get sufficient rest, wash your hands regularly (avoiding contant with your eyes and nasal area) and eat well. It has been a long time since I've had a cold, I can't remember the last one smile.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 13 2011, 10:41 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I get one every couple of years... I guess my immune system is equipped with nuclear weapons ph34r.gif When I do get one, I get it pretty good. I found the best way to get rid of a cold is to sleep, and sleep, and sleep. I'll eat, then go back to bed and sleep. I'll seriously sleep for a whole day straight. But after one whole day of pure sleep I'm over the worst of it, and the next day I'm able to function somewhat normally. So if you ever have a cold, just put off everything for just one day, and sleep biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 14 2011, 12:20 AM
Instructor
At the first sniffle a lot of vitamins, teas, and that's it ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 14 2011, 09:07 AM
Instructor
My anti illness recipe would be this one:

- at least 7 hrs of sleep each night
- 3 healthy meals/ day
- fruit and veggies
- Kombucha tea (2 glasses a day, one before breakfast and one before lunch)
- 3 intense training sessions in the gym each week
- laughing a lot smile.gif and trying not to get too angry on people tongue.gif

this has kept me away from bad stuff for the last year (only caught a cold in march this year, because I spent too much time around someone who was incredibly ill)

What works for you guys?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 14 2011, 09:38 AM
Instructor
Doing things regularly that make you sweat profusely is a good way of keeping colds away. Add to that a sheer mental refusal to accept that you will get a cold.

If you do get one though, I'm about the same as you guys. Hot drinks, rest, keep warm etc smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 14 2011, 12:51 PM
Learning Roadie
I started using a Neti Pot last year to help with my sinuses and singing. I also found it helped prevent colds, when I used it as I felt one coming on

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 14 2011, 02:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 14 2011, 11:51 AM) *
I started using a Neti Pot last year to help with my sinuses and singing. I also found it helped prevent colds, when I used it as I felt one coming on

What's Neti Pot? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Nov 14 2011, 04:11 PM
Typically I would be cold with a fever, so I drink lots of water and a shot of whiskey. So I can just sweat it out, plus that warm tingly feeling helps put me to sleep so i can rest better.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Nov 15 2011, 02:14 AM
go to the bath, open de hot water and inhale the steam for 15 minutes, then have a hot shower and then drink something hot and go to bed,

If the water bill is expensive in your country, buy that small machine that asmatics or babies uses, here we call "nebulizador"
http://ar.images.search.yahoo.com/search/i...;va=nebulizador

and paracetamol stuff always worked with me....

Meanwhile, you can sing like axl rose wink.gif

This post has been edited by El Fortinero: Nov 15 2011, 02:27 AM

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2011, 02:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 14 2011, 05:07 AM) *
My anti illness recipe would be this one:

- at least 7 hrs of sleep each night
- 3 healthy meals/ day
- fruit and veggies
- Kombucha tea (2 glasses a day, one before breakfast and one before lunch)
- 3 intense training sessions in the gym each week
- laughing a lot smile.gif and trying not to get too angry on people tongue.gif

this has kept me away from bad stuff for the last year (only caught a cold in march this year, because I spent too much time around someone who was incredibly ill)

What works for you guys?

You're so right! Every time that I could have this style of life I didn't get ill.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 15 2011, 08:01 AM
Instructor
Hmmm...don't stop it if it gives the right results biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:56 PM