Gustavo Guerra, dont click here!!!!! :P :P
ezravdb
Mar 26 2007, 02:56 PM
GMC:er
Hey,

check this:
HERE!!

I have learned all his cool licks and jammed with it, he speaks portugese but his music says enough

you ppl definitaly have to check out (ALL) his videos (covers, lessons, own stuff)
He combines pentatonic with minor scales with arpeggios and passing tones, sounds d*mn cool.

laters !

mayb this guy has already been up this board, sorry!
then see this as a reminder biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 26 2007, 03:02 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Mar 26 2007, 09:56 AM) *
Hey,

check this:
HERE!!

I have learned all his cool licks and jammed with it, he speaks portugese but his music says enough

you ppl definitaly have to check out (ALL) his videos (covers, lessons, own stuff)
He combines pentatonic with minor scales with arpeggios and passing tones, sounds d*mn cool.

laters !

mayb this guy has already been up this board, sorry!
then see this as a reminder biggrin.gif

Hey great post - this guy plays a lot like I'd like to play - not metal, but cool pentatonic licks with some great speedpicking and sweeping - a lot like a shredding version of Dave Gilmour! Wish I spoke portugese smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Mar 26 2007, 03:10 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Mar 26 2007, 04:02 PM) *
Hey great post - this guy plays a lot like I'd like to play - not metal, but cool pentatonic licks with some great speedpicking and sweeping - a lot like a shredding version of Dave Gilmour! Wish I spoke portugese smile.gif

Yeah man, I know smile.gif
it's really nice, cool grooves and stuff, but not too metal (nothing wrong with metal ofcourse!) xD

I think my new song will be a bit like it so check it out when it's done biggrin.gif

E.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 26 2007, 03:52 PM
GMC Founder
blink.gif Wow he is incredible!!

That's one of the freshest things I have heard in quite a while!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-qIqZ9LWsY

Even worse - all of his videos kick some serious ass - not one missed note and phrasing from heaven...this is how it should be done. Truly inspiring!

This is a perfect illustration of how I like speedlicks to be used as build-ups for great melodies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ5rpbezE9M

--------------------

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Mar 26 2007, 03:55 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 26 2007, 04:52 PM) *

Even worse - all of his videos kick some serious ass - not one missed note and phrasing from heaven...this is how it should be done. Truly inspiring!

This is a perfect illustration of how I like speedlicks to be used as build-ups for great melodies!

yeah, can't wait till Christmas 2007 tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 26 2007, 04:54 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 26 2007, 10:52 AM) *

His phrasing and tone are amazing ...

Hey Kris, don't be jealous wink.gif I bet you can play anything he can! And the biggest thing - HE CAN'T DANCE LIKE YOU!!

(Just kidding I know you weren't really jealous laugh.gif )

Hey, maybe he would be interested in a Guest instructor spot?

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 26 2007, 05:05 PM
GMC Founder
Hey, maybe he would be interested in a Guest instructor spot?

You kidding me that would be awesome - I suspect there might be language barriers though. But if that would happen I would be the first to sit down and learn! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Mar 28 2007, 03:18 AM
Hey, you guys should watch more of my videos - you'd discover these guys much sooner! Gustavo was in Guitars Suck 4 and 5!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 28 2007, 08:53 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ Mar 28 2007, 04:18 AM) *
Hey, you guys should watch more of my videos - you'd discover these guys much sooner! Gustavo was in Guitars Suck 4 and 5!

I have probably seen him before - but the reason I might not have taken note is because being exposed to the style of 20 different guitarists at a time makes it harder to digest (=my new favorite word btw!). However, Guitars Suck is a different, adrenaline pumping, experience! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
radarlove1984
Mar 28 2007, 10:49 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 26 2007, 07:52 AM) *

That was awesome! That lick played around 0:25 made me imaging what Johnny Winter would sound like playing metal cool.gif

+Quote Post
drummingguitaris...
Apr 5 2007, 02:14 AM
Wow...that's pretty sweet. And interesting to say the least.

--------------------
-->Chris D.<--

My Gear:
Fender DG-xxx Acoustic/Electric
Crate GX-15 series
Ibanez GRG170DX Electric w/ FR Trem
My heart, imagination, hopes, and dreams.

My top 5 influences:
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Carlos Augusto Alves Santana
Saul Hudson (Slash)
Eric Patrick Clapton
Kirk Lee Hammett

thedarkblues06 wrote:

jpast wrote:

He wishes he was in the minority. Nothing like making out with guys to stick it to the man. (Pun intended)
(Off-hand comment made about Pete Wentz wishing he was gay.)

+Quote Post
moles
Apr 5 2007, 12:33 PM
blink.gif awesome playing

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 5 2007, 02:19 PM
Yeah, this guy is very inspiring to me - there is just something about his style and tone that nails exactly where I want to be.

I made a backing track identical to his "Utilizando os Arpejos" video and I'm jamming to it, and I'm gonna try and pick up some of his techniques.

I also love his cover of Manhattan by Eric Johnson - awesome strat tone.

And there is a video of him giving a lesson on 3 note per string modes - damn that dude can play!

Right I'm off to learn Portuguese ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Apr 5 2007, 02:41 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 5 2007, 03:19 PM) *
Yeah, this guy is very inspiring to me - there is just something about his style and tone that nails exactly where I want to be.

I made a backing track identical to his "Utilizando os Arpejos" video and I'm jamming to it, and I'm gonna try and pick up some of his techniques.

I also love his cover of Manhattan by Eric Johnson - awesome strat tone.

And there is a video of him giving a lesson on 3 note per string modes - damn that dude can play!

Right I'm off to learn Portuguese ...

oohhh andrew can you please share that backing track with us ?? ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif
i love his backing tracks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 5 2007, 03:12 PM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Apr 5 2007, 09:41 AM) *
oohhh andrew can you please share that backing track with us ?? ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif
i love his backing tracks smile.gif

Sure - I posted it on the backing tracks board here

Have fun ! (I'm having a lot of fun with it for sure)

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Keep_Rocking
Apr 28 2010, 05:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi GMCers!

This guy gustavo Guerra has brand new videos on youtube!
This song is amazing (I just loved the Satch style licks on it!)

Hope you like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P_FvWqpCZk

Check the other videos. They are cool as well. wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:04 AM