Muris Varajic Alternate Picking!, Not yet there so just sharing what I have..
maharzan
Jun 5 2010, 07:34 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hey Guys,

I wanted to post a REC this week but I still need to perfect this. Everytime I practice I feel like I can't do one section or the other and few missing / buzzing notes as always. It always happens to me, at first, you can do it and then if you start analyzing and further you go on practicing, the further you can't do it properly.. I give a break time and again and it does seems easier but then another section goes weehaw!

Anyway, I have been practicing this approx a month now and still can't perfect it. I have been a monkey and determined to do this at tempo. Its improving a lot. I just wanted to share what I have since I had promised few of the members here that I will be recording it this week, didn't want to dissapoint you guys.. biggrin.gif.

I will take another week and see where I am at. Don't be surprised if I can nail it this evening.. biggrin.gif

Original Lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ernate-picking/

Any feedback is welcome!

Cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by maharzan: Jun 5 2010, 07:44 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  mvap.mp3 ( 805.33K ) Number of downloads: 272

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Jun 5 2010, 01:20 PM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
Hey Chandra,

I think you should work on your sound a little bit and there are still some cleaning to be done. But I'm really impressed. You work a lot and it can be heard. Congratulations man !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Jun 5 2010, 01:31 PM
Learning Roadie
This is really amazing maharzan .. Your alternate picking has really improved a lot ..

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 5 2010, 01:36 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks guys. Yes GrindGuer, cleaning is not coming yet.. At this super speed, its really difficult, but I am trying.. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jun 6 2010, 11:32 AM
Jazz Instructor
Well played. I think that on some parts your timing is bit off, but overall very good execution. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jun 6 2010, 03:33 PM
Instructor
you are doing very good so far!

still a little off timed

it's a fast piece...you have to set your mind in the target tempo. For that you need to have the technique that allows you to do that,

Listen to your take and practice the parts that are too precise yet on their own first,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 6 2010, 03:48 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Vasilije and Daniel.. I will definitely practice them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 19 2010, 12:18 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Just throwing it out there again. smile.gif

I haven't been practicing much lately and when I tried it again like 2-3 days ago, I seemed to have lost the pace and couldn't really do this. But in these 2 days, I am feeling much better now. I have 3 places to fix but wanted to post it here as a progress. I think if I continue practicing, I hope I will get 99% like Muris by the next of next week. wink.gif

Thanks for checking again guys!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  AP_test.mp3 ( 585.74K ) Number of downloads: 182

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Jun 19 2010, 03:57 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow! biggrin.gif I think you've got it. There are some minor timing issues, but I don't think you won't be able to fix it in a take or two. Awesome job man!

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 19 2010, 04:23 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Kristian. It has been lot easier now and my fingers don't hurt much as well.. which means that I am hoping getting it. smile.gif I am hoping by next week I can fix these issues.

--------------------

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Jun 20 2010, 02:25 PM
GMC:er
Sounds very good smile.gif

Just some very minor mistakes, but overall nearly perfect. Although the delay sounds a little strange, but I guess if you work on the sound you'll get there smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Jun 20 2010, 02:47 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
The second take is much better indeed. My i ask how do you practice? It seemes that you have to separate the sections and practice them slower first. Timing is not that of an issue here, but your notes are uneven a lot of the time. I would suggest you to master the exercise at a slower tempo at first, and make yourself sure that there are no mistakes at all. When you have it down, speed it up a bit, 3 to 5 bmp-s at a time, and master it at that tempo.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 23 2010, 05:48 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hi Zsolt,

I have been practicing slowly for long time but it just gets screwed when I play faster (been nearly 2 months now). I am now concentrating on the faulty sections and practicing it slowly and then practicing it at tempo. Its definitely coming and I guess it will just take more time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 26 2010, 04:28 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Alright Guys, time to close this thread. Its been almost 2 months now and I want to move on. I have learnt quite a lot with this lesson and hopefully with more practice and other lessons, I will easily make a better take. But for now, this is it.

You can check the REC here.

And the video...

Thanks for your time and feedback. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Jun 30 2010, 06:10 PM
Congrats! Awesome you nailed it!

It shows that you learned a lot with that lesson biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 30 2010, 06:25 PM
I'm impressed, your hard work payed off ! biggrin.gif
Now , learn Extreme Neoclassical , and then your my god lol

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jun 30 2010, 06:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Wow! I've been impressed with how hard you are working, Chandra. Nice job!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 2 2010, 01:52 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Guys. smile.gif

@Eat-Sleep - I will do it for sure. I m not that good with sweeping but that will be my ultimate challenge. First let me finish few other hard lessons so I get my hands ready for it. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:46 PM