> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Iced Earth Style, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Patrik Berg
May 25 2012, 02:55 AM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Iced Earth Style by Ben Higgins

Here is my second take on Bens Iced Earth Style lesson played at normal speed 190bpm. thanks in advance for your feedback. and thanks Ben for the lesson I'm really enjoying this one

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=44201

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 25 2012, 02:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Patrik, this was a storming rendition and even better than your previous one, even though it was faster this time !

You took my advice about moving the chords around, I can hear the improvements. smile.gif

The right hand is really tightened up on this. Good work.

Some of the earlier parts are a bit in front of the beat so try and watch out for that effect because it's very noticeable. Also, you're missing the upstrokes on the F and G# chords at 0:09 and 0:10 and the second time around too.

All round great performance !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 27 2012, 03:26 PM
Instructor
Hey Patrick! Good one man! It got better at a higher speed, as Ben noticed wink.gif My suggestion would be to practice slower a bit more, to obtain better timing in the spots where you were a bit off (Ben has spotted them for ya)

keep on rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2012, 04:05 PM
Instructor
Hi Patrick! As Ben and Cosmin said, you still need to adjust this one to play it tighter with the drums. So the suggestion is to practice it using the slower tempo backing paying attention to your timing. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 14 2012, 11:11 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
*bump*

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2012, 12:46 AM
Instructor
Good performance mate! In the beginning there are some small sections a bit out of time but then you adjust your playing with the backing much better. You still need to be even tighter but you are very close. Keep on practicing as Cosmin suggested. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 21 2012, 07:24 PM
Need one more vote guys..

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 26 2012, 08:30 AM
Instructor
I know I voted.. somebody forgot ?? wink.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 1 2012, 04:38 PM
8.3!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:16 PM