Question About The End Solo " Time" By Joe Satriani
Vulpine
May 18 2012, 10:16 AM
GMC:er
This has been a question on my mind for a while

the End solo in the Song "Time" by Joe satriani , wanted to know if anyone knew what particular scale he was using during that end solo which starts 3:24 of the song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVUq5hNP1Vw

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 18 2012, 10:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ May 18 2012, 10:16 AM) *
This has been a question on my mind for a while

the End solo in the Song "Time" by Joe satriani , wanted to know if anyone knew what particular scale he was using during that end solo which starts 3:24 of the song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVUq5hNP1Vw

Lydian mode smile.gif

Very popular mode with both Satch and Vai.. it has that happy, dreamlike quality to it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Vulpine
May 22 2012, 08:15 AM
GMC:er
Thanx , i was also alittle curious about how Joe Satch achieved that tone for that Solo towards the end ?

This post has been edited by Vulpine: May 22 2012, 08:17 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 22 2012, 08:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ May 22 2012, 08:15 AM) *
Thanx , i was also alittle curious about how Joe Satch achieved that tone for that Solo towards the end ?

Now that I'm not so sure about.. it sounds like there's some definite Wah action going on but it sound very subtle !

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:04 AM