Practice Plan Different Techniques
mrandy
May 24 2012, 03:30 PM
GMC:er
Hello Everybody!!!! mellow.gif

I like to learn different techniques such as (Alternate Picking, Tapping, Sweep Picking, Legato, Hybrid Picking...)
my problem is that i'm not sure how to learn all these styles effectiv.
if i practice 1 or 2 hours a day should i practice all techniques every day? or should i practice monday alternate, tuesday tapping etc.?
or should i first learn alternate picking than tapping than sweep picking?

i'm looking for effectiv way to learn all the techniques hope somebody can give me a good tip. wink.gif

cheeeerss
Andy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 24 2012, 06:20 PM
Instructor
Hi Andy nice to meet you smile.gif

What a lot of people do is break up their practise routine and do a certain amount of minutes on one technique, then do the same for the next technique etc..

Firstly, I would identify which techniques are most important to you and if you have a certain amount of time to practice everyday then make sure you get a decent amount of time on each technique. If you get time to do them all then that's great but you might get to a point where you hit a wall and you feel mentally exhuasted and unmotivated so it's good to change the routine sometimes to keep it feeling fresh.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2012, 07:32 PM
Instructor
Hey man smile.gif in order to help out people such as yourself, I have designed this:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44384

take a look over it and let's discuss wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mrandy
May 24 2012, 07:34 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 24 2012, 05:20 PM) *
Hi Andy nice to meet you smile.gif

What a lot of people do is break up their practise routine and do a certain amount of minutes on one technique, then do the same for the next technique etc..

Firstly, I would identify which techniques are most important to you and if you have a certain amount of time to practice everyday then make sure you get a decent amount of time on each technique. If you get time to do them all then that's great but you might get to a point where you hit a wall and you feel mentally exhuasted and unmotivated so it's good to change the routine sometimes to keep it feeling fresh.

Hi Ben nice to meet you!

thank you very much for your comment. i do well in alternate picking and legato stuff just try to build up speed there!:-)
but I'm an absolute beginner with tapping stuff and sweep picking.
so if i have maybe 2 hours should i practice every technique 30 min.?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 24 2012, 07:39 PM
Instructor
I agree with Ben about this. Practicing all the techniques every day is the way to go with this. Break up your time and practice one technique after the other. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 25 2012, 09:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mrandy @ May 24 2012, 07:34 PM) *
Hi Ben nice to meet you!

thank you very much for your comment. i do well in alternate picking and legato stuff just try to build up speed there!:-)
but I'm an absolute beginner with tapping stuff and sweep picking.
so if i have maybe 2 hours should i practice every technique 30 min.?

Yes that sounds good to me.. at least you're getting in a decent amount of time with each technique instead of trying to cram everything in with 5 minute slots or something !

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2012, 01:59 PM
Instructor
2 hours of technique - focused... that's great man smile.gif I agree with Ben! Go for it, but remember, stay focused wink.gif no phone, no tv or stuff...

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 25 2012, 02:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 25 2012, 01:59 PM) *
2 hours of technique - focused... that's great man smile.gif I agree with Ben! Go for it, but remember, stay focused wink.gif no phone, no tv or stuff...

And no Facebook !

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2012, 02:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 25 2012, 01:04 PM) *
And no Facebook !

Thanks Ben wink.gif Forgot that one biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:01 PM