Meshuggah Technique:, Palm Muted Speedy Triplets and Such
Todd Simpson
May 25 2012, 06:22 AM
GMC:er
Here is a spiff youtube vid of Meshuggah playing BLEED.

*WATCH THE RIGHT HAND CLOSELY.

Notice how much it sounds like he's doing and how little it looks like he's doing. This is what I"m always on about. The economy of motion of his right hand is impressive. It's got control, speed, planted to the bridge for the mute, the triplets are tight, etc.

It's a clinic. Short and sweet. But a clinic in this type of playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 25 2012, 09:56 AM
Instructor
Just... wow. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2012, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Man...awesomeness sounding like an angry wild boar! biggrin.gif Tight, very very tight!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 25 2012, 10:43 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
These guys are machines, in the greatest way possible. There sense of rhythm is so odd yet incredibly simplistic when broken down, there is nothing like Meshuggah.

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
May 25 2012, 11:43 PM
Chugga chugga chugga~!

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 26 2012, 01:55 AM
Learning Roadie
Very cool!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 26 2012, 03:20 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 25 2012, 05:43 PM) *
These guys are machines, in the greatest way possible. There sense of rhythm is so odd yet incredibly simplistic when broken down, there is nothing like Meshuggah.

I have to agree! smile.gif Just great stuff. Also, just learning one of their tunes would be a great way for anyone to work on right hand technique.

We are going to work on this type of this THIS SATURDAY IN VIDEO CHAT! : )

Todd

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 26 2012, 07:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ May 25 2012, 10:43 PM) *
Chugga chugga chugga~!

Me-chugga laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 26 2012, 07:34 AM
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ May 25 2012, 06:43 PM) *
Chugga chugga chugga~!

Mega Chugga wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bossie
May 26 2012, 07:53 AM
They play over here next week...i'll check m out !

+Quote Post
rocko
May 26 2012, 08:25 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Jesus Christ...that are some really tight pants huh.gif I mean...according to the right hand control tongue.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 26 2012, 01:22 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 25 2012, 09:20 PM) *
I have to agree! smile.gif Just great stuff. Also, just learning one of their tunes would be a great way for anyone to work on right hand technique.

We are going to work on this type of this THIS SATURDAY IN VIDEO CHAT! : )

Todd

Awwww....I'll be at work. sad.gif I'll have to catch it in the recorded version I guess.

+Quote Post
Dinaga
May 26 2012, 08:23 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
That's some sick AP right there! Really impressive chops ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:04 AM