Songs And Moments
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 25 2012, 10:41 PM
Instructor
There are moments in our lives which are marked by songs and we tend to remember them each time we hear that particular song. They may be sad, happy, meaningful nonetheless, but I was curious to know what song and what event are linked for you? Of course, you can tell, or not, it's up to you smile.gif

For me, one of the nice moments in my life, was marked by this song:

It was one of the first songs I learned how to play and sing in the same time and I used to play it with my friends in the park back in 1999. I was crazy about this girl which always liked to listen to me play and somehow I was feeling very good to know she was there while I was playing this. We never got together but we are still friends after all these years smile.gif

What's your story?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jan 25 2012, 10:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 25 2012, 11:19 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator

I am 10 years old, I here a song called "The Trooper" on Beavis and Butthead. Discover the band and proceed to purchase there new album, then which was "Brave New World". This is the last song on the album, and at this point I do not know what I am hearing, this song in particular is making me feel over-elated, euphoric, and at the same time bewildered. At that age I did not full understand this music, nor the words the singer was saying, but they made me think, interested me - And most of all, I wanted to play guitar, I had never heard a "solo" before, or heard melodic riffs like "The Nomad", I thought guitar was all chords like Punk Music.

From here on out, I would always want to play guitar. It would be four years before I got one, but that feeling of wanting to create, has never left me since this album first came out.

I am 11 years old. I am playing Final Fantasy VII for the hundreth time and loving it, I bought a CD called "Master Of Puppets" because I heard they were inspired by Iron Maiden and the album art looked cool. By the time this song comes on, Battery, Master Of Puppets, The Thing That Should Not Be, and Sanitarium have played. Those along have already altered my perception on music and guitar, then this song, something about it, just hits me. This is when I understood the "Heavy" part in Heavy Metal, this song just defines for me, it evokes that feeling perfectly.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 26 2012, 10:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 25 2012, 10:19 PM) *

I am 10 years old, I here a song called "The Trooper" on Beavis and Butthead. Discover the band and proceed to purchase there new album, then which was "Brave New World". This is the last song on the album, and at this point I do not know what I am hearing, this song in particular is making me feel over-elated, euphoric, and at the same time bewildered. At that age I did not full understand this music, nor the words the singer was saying, but they made me think, interested me - And most of all, I wanted to play guitar, I had never heard a "solo" before, or heard melodic riffs like "The Nomad", I thought guitar was all chords like Punk Music.

From here on out, I would always want to play guitar. It would be four years before I got one, but that feeling of wanting to create, has never left me since this album first came out.

I am 11 years old. I am playing Final Fantasy VII for the hundreth time and loving it, I bought a CD called "Master Of Puppets" because I heard they were inspired by Iron Maiden and the album art looked cool. By the time this song comes on, Battery, Master Of Puppets, The Thing That Should Not Be, and Sanitarium have played. Those along have already altered my perception on music and guitar, then this song, something about it, just hits me. This is when I understood the "Heavy" part in Heavy Metal, this song just defines for me, it evokes that feeling perfectly.

Man, I totally understand you biggrin.gif especially that 'Brave New World' was an album which I liked as well - it seemed like a breath of fresh air for Maiden, wouldn't you agree?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:48 AM