11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Rock Ballad Style Collaboration - Video Comments, Emir's first student collaboration
Tolek
Feb 2 2009, 10:27 AM
Learning Rock Star
Play slow solos and try to vibrate long notes in tempo. Notes are usualy vibrated in 8th note duration relative to the tempo. Make it consistent. On the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th string it is easier to vibrate towards the 2nd string (down movement). On the 1st and 2nd string you can push up. Try with every finger. The easiest is with the 3rd finger but press with all 1st, 2nd and 3rd finger (like for a bend) so you have more grip on the neck. Malmsteen has great vibrato. Watch some slower solos on youtube like "Black Star" or solo from "Save Our Love". If you look at some other videos from yesterday I showed that technique to some guys.

Great! Thank you. smile.gif

P.D Emir for president!

1+ smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Feb 2 2009, 08:47 PM
GMC:er
AWESOME!!!!! i started doing what you told me to do about plucking hammer on and pull offs and it really makes a difference!

thanks for the detailed video!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 2 2009, 09:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Feb 2 2009, 07:47 PM) *
AWESOME!!!!! i started doing what you told me to do about plucking hammer on and pull offs and it really makes a difference!

thanks for the detailed video!

Thank you. Your solo was really cool smile.gif Great lines in double voice

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 2 2009, 09:58 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Emir,

I am glad you enjoyed my take and I really appreciate the comments and advise. smile.gif I have learned so much from participating in your collaboration, not only from my video comments but from all the others as well. This was a great initiative on your part and thank you very much for taking the time to make this special for all of us.

I feel like I have hit a turning point with my playing and am looking at things completely different now. My next recording will be done using the step recording technique you mentioned. I’m not sure why I haven’t thought of doing this before. This will keep me focused on the chord progression so I can construct better melody lines and licks. I just need to remember to stay away from the “crack”! laugh.gif

I am really looking forward to your next one. Do you have any idea of when that will be?

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 2 2009, 10:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Feb 2 2009, 08:58 PM) *
Hi Emir,

I am glad you enjoyed my take and I really appreciate the comments and advise. smile.gif I have learned so much from participating in your collaboration, not only from my video comments but from all the others as well. This was a great initiative on your part and thank you very much for taking the time to make this special for all of us.

I feel like I have hit a turning point with my playing and am looking at things completely different now. My next recording will be done using the step recording technique you mentioned. I’m not sure why I haven’t thought of doing this before. This will keep me focused on the chord progression so I can construct better melody lines and licks. I just need to remember to stay away from the “crack”! laugh.gif

I am really looking forward to your next one. Do you have any idea of when that will be?

Thanks. I have just seen your video again. I think all the things I mentioned are just minor issues that can be fixed in 2 months smile.gif Nothing really to worry about. You're a great player.

The next one will be sometime this month. Maybe in 10 days.

cheers

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:04 PM