Played 2 Engl's Today
Mertay
May 25 2016, 10:15 PM
GMC:er
A fellow I met sometime ago in a guitar store (a very good guitarist) invited me to his studio he once owned. Had good time there today and got to check these ENGL's (both had identical ENGL cab.s);

http://www.englamps.de/index.php?id=36&...ddfproducts_pi1[uid]=22&iPhoneBypass=1

http://www.englamps.de/index.php?id=36&...ddfproducts_pi1[uid]=16&iPhoneBypass=1

I got to say after playing so long with pedals and soundcard, seems I got very used to the compression and had a hard time getting decent tone with the studio's guitars which I wasn't familiar with. But naturally my friend was very used to the setup and played very well

We started with the fireball, the clean were very ballsy and bity to me-modern I guess would be well enough to describe. The distortion channel was pretty cool, I don't know if its because recently I shared Paul Gilbert's channel here but I don't remember a closer sounding amp to racer-x stuff as well as this amp did. We didn't have any pedals but the tone was right there for the 80-90's marshall shred sound. With small eq tweaks it also sounded extremely close to early Metallica albums.

Was very nice but the Blackmore amp is something special. The cleans were very Fender-like which was awesome, we had an old jackson and a Fender strat and the strat sounded perfectly well to my ears. Before hitting the drive channel, I was expecting a more vintage drive sound and was very wrong biggrin.gif it was shockingly heavy after listening those cleans smile.gif

When eq's really bright awesome Van Halen tones, thicker some-what reminded me of Megadeth. Even with that drive you could feel the headroom when picking, with an amp that had so few knobs its amazingly versatile.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 25 2016, 10:16 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 26 2016, 06:12 PM
GMC:er
a 100 watt tube amp is a glorious thing!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:05 PM