2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Steam
Rob Wilson
Jan 7 2009, 04:52 PM
Learning Roadie
I aplologize if this has already been posted, searched forums and couldnt find a steam thread so thought id start one.

If you use steam for gaming then maybe we could start a steam community group or post your username for adds.

mines: phantom_101

If you dont know what steam is click here

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitar: Maverick Chaos
Acoustic Guitar: A small one I bought from a guys car boot randomly for a fiver and spruced it up!
Gear: Boss GT-10, Behringer Metal Pedal, Kustom Amp
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
Jan 7 2009, 05:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
My username is axelan biggrin.gif

I'm almost always in for a round or two of one of the few games I have tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 7 2009, 06:51 PM
GMC:er
mine is 'cankarakuzulu'

I love steam, in where I live genuine games are really rare and the selection palette is very narrow, steam was my life boat on that matter biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Rob Wilson
Jan 7 2009, 08:57 PM
Learning Roadie
invite sent

--------------------
Acoustic Guitar: A small one I bought from a guys car boot randomly for a fiver and spruced it up!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 8 2009, 09:14 AM
Instructor
This looks to me like some sort of MSN - am I way off?

My brother plays Warcraft frozen throne every day and he talks to his friends on MSN before entering the game.

How does this Steam work? I want to tell him about it smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Jan 8 2009, 09:35 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
Jan 8 2009, 09:27 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 8 2009, 09:14 AM) *
This looks to me like some sort of MSN - am I way off?

My brother plays Warcraft frozen throne every day and he talks to his friends on MSN before entering the game.

How does this Stream work? I want to tell him about it smile.gif

It's not exactly like MSN.. Some games nowadays are "steampowered", which means that you install them and register them on Steam, and then you don't need the CD anymore.. Ever tongue.gif

You just click the game on Steams "Games" list, and click "Play" (or "Install" if you're on a different PC) and your friends can see what game you play and which server you play on smile.gif

Kinda lame explanation, but that's pretty much the basics of it tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 8 2009, 09:32 AM
Instructor
Aha I got it smile.gif

Just one question - Do you need to buy the game directly from them or you can somehow install it ?

The reason why I ask is because most of these guys play games that they downloaded from torrents and then used some sort of key generator to get serial key.
My brother doesn't do it since we have 2 original Warcraft games (one bought in Greece and one I brought from Boston smile.gif

Sounds like cool service anyways smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
Jan 8 2009, 09:36 AM
Learning Rock Star
I guess you need to buy the game since you need a legit CD-key, but not always directly from them. Some games you find in the store are Steampowered as well wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 8 2009, 10:22 AM
Instructor
Awesome Canis !
I will let my brother know today about it. As I said we have both original Warcraft games with different CD keys, and he plays online on battle net every day smile.gif That should be useful software for him smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rob Wilson
Jan 8 2009, 10:26 AM
Learning Roadie
yes, also it provides a community, allowing groups to arrange events wether they b in game or out. It also provides MSN like chat and voice chat features.

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 8 2009, 12:53 PM
QUOTE (Rob Wilson @ Jan 7 2009, 09:57 PM) *
invite sent

Gladly accepted buddy, although I dont play much as I spend my time working with guitar, I got steam on my both mobile and desktop pc's so this is a great initiative to connect gamer GMCers biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Canis
Jan 8 2009, 12:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 8 2009, 10:22 AM) *
Awesome Canis !
I will let my brother know today about it. As I said we have both original Warcraft games with different CD keys, and he plays online on battle net every day smile.gif That should be useful software for him smile.gif

Great =)
I don't know if it works with Warcraft, though.. I think it only works with games that's released by Steam.. I can't be sure though tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex87
Jan 8 2009, 01:08 PM
Mine is TheClansmanDK - however i only play maybe once a week, twice if lucky. I got only Left 4 Dead and CS source

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender Lead I - 1979, Hamer Steven Stevens sign. (modified) - 1986, Cort western, Santana acoustic

Amps:
Laney Lionheart LH5, Roland Cube 20 (the original orange one)

Effects (on board):
Boss TU-2 Tuner, Homebrew CPR Compressor, EHX Small Stone, Maxon OD-9 Overdrive, Mad Professor Mellow Yellow Tremolo, Boss DD-2, Carl Martin DeLayla XL, TC Electronic SCF1 Chorus/Flanger/Pitch Mod.

Effects (spare):
Boss OD-1 Overdrive, Boss CE-2 Chrous, Boss CS-1 Compressor, Schaller Volume Control, Boss PH-2 Phaser, Boss RV-2 Reverb

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 8 2009, 01:10 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I certainly have steam, but don't play any games lately so probably won't be so useful: CriTeRRR is my nickname

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Rob Wilson
Jan 8 2009, 06:06 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 8 2009, 08:32 AM) *
Aha I got it smile.gif

Just one question - Do you need to buy the game directly from them or you can somehow install it ?

The reason why I ask is because most of these guys play games that they downloaded from torrents and then used some sort of key generator to get serial key.
My brother doesn't do it since we have 2 original Warcraft games (one bought in Greece and one I brought from Boston smile.gif

Sounds like cool service anyways smile.gif

You can activate the game on steam by trying in your serial number if you already own a copy that is avaliable to download. You can also add shortcuts to non steam games to your games list.

Hacked serial keys wont work as they get tied to the first username to activate it. And generated keys wont match the servers avaliable list of keys

This post has been edited by Rob Wilson: Jan 8 2009, 06:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Jan 8 2009, 06:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I got steam. Haven't logged in a while.

If there is an interest I will install it again. I got Red Orchestra! Great game.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 8 2009, 08:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rob Wilson @ Jan 8 2009, 06:06 PM) *
You can activate the game on steam by trying in your serial number if you already own a copy that is avaliable to download. You can also add shortcuts to non steam games to your games list.

Hacked serial keys wont work as they get tied to the first username to activate it. And generated keys wont match the servers avaliable list of keys

Sounds like a plan. I will see what we can do smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 14 2009, 04:04 PM
Instructor
Mine is tonga

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 15 2009, 03:31 PM
Instructor
Just wanted to warn you guys, I posted my nickname to steam here yesterday, and then after a while some guy added me as friend and wanted me to join their group called Infinity Gaming or something. He gave me a link and it went to a website that looked like steam, had steam.community (or something) on the adressbar and everything, and the site asked my steam nickname and password. Apparently, this site was a fake steam site, and they (who ever they are) got my nickname and password. Today, when I try to logon to steam, it says my nickname and password are incorrect.

Bottom line is, I lost all my games, friends list etc.

It's not that big of a deal though, since I only bought a couple of very cheap games from steam, and every other game I have the retail copy of. So I can install my Orange Box, Counter-Strike etc. with them. But this still pisses me off quite a bit.

I don't think that the person who added me was from this site, I think they (the ones who did this) have some bots googling the internet for steam nicknames or something. But if you get added as a friend on Steam by a suspicious person, be careful.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 15 2009, 03:34 PM
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Jan 15 2009, 02:31 PM) *
Just wanted to warn you guys, I posted my nickname to steam here yesterday, and then after a while some guy added me as friend and wanted me to join their group called Infinity Gaming or something. He gave me a link and it went to a website that looked like steam, had steam.community (or something) on the adressbar and everything, and the site asked my steam nickname and password. Apparently, this site was a fake steam site, and they (who ever they are) got my nickname and password. Today, when I try to logon to steam, it says my nickname and password are incorrect.

Bottom line is, I lost all my games, friends list etc.

It's not that big of a deal though, since I only bought a couple of very cheap games from steam, and every other game I have the retail copy of. So I can install my Orange Box, Counter-Strike etc. with them. But this still pisses me off quite a bit.

I don't think that the person who added me was from this site, I think they (the ones who did this) have some bots googling the internet for steam nicknames or something. But if you get added as a friend on Steam by a suspicious person, be careful.

Crafty Ba........................................................... There are a lot of idiots in the world unfortunately who like to make things difficult for others. Thanks for the warning.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:56 AM