Monster - Skillet Cover, Headbanging cover!
thefireball
Sep 3 2010, 02:44 PM
Learning Roadie
This is my headbanging cover of Skillet's "Monster", from their album 'Awake'. I had a lot of fun! But it came with a price. Next time I should do neck stretches. My neck is killing me! =D I feel just like I did after I came home from that Skillet concert. Painful, but I don't care. =)

I was imagining myself rocking on stage with Skillet. I felt the music; it was spontaneous.

I made minor mistakes....but, meh, it's hard to rock right when you are moving everywhere. But you gotta start somewhere. wink.gif

As you can see, I had two camera angles going at one time. This take is one take. I'm not saying this was my first take, but I wasn't a bunch of takes spliced together. It's one camera roll. =)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by thefireball: Sep 3 2010, 02:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 3 2010, 09:11 PM
Instructor
you got the attitude!!!

thanks for sharing! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Fre
Sep 3 2010, 10:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great to see how you 'release the beast' inside of you! tongue.gif
Great playing too by the way!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 3 2010, 11:52 PM
Learning Roadie
LOL laugh.gif Thanks!! I didn't know I had this side of me either! laugh.gif

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not trying to be a secular person. My intentions are to serve my Lord Jesus in Heaven.
I only did this headbanging and stuff to be cool. wink.gif

This post has been edited by thefireball: Sep 4 2010, 07:21 PM

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 4 2010, 01:31 AM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome! Great tone, great tight playing, good attitute (which is difficult in front of a camera)! Loved it smile.gif

Your neck seems very tense when headbanging though, loosen it up and you will look much cooler! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 4 2010, 02:07 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Sep 3 2010, 07:31 PM) *
Awesome! Great tone, great tight playing, good attitute (which is difficult in front of a camera)! Loved it smile.gif

Your neck seems very tense when headbanging though, loosen it up and you will look much cooler! biggrin.gif

Okay, thanks for tip. smile.gif I will work on it. This is my first time to try this so it's a good thing to get feedback on your first time. wink.gif And glad you enjoyed. I'm really happy, too, that you liked the tone. I've been trying really hard to get that tone sounding better and better. It's about the best I can do right now until I get better equipment. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Sep 4 2010, 11:56 AM
Jazz Instructor
Excellent performance! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Sep 4 2010, 02:42 PM
Beginner Instructor
Very nice! I love Skillet. You did a great job covering it!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 4 2010, 07:21 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Bear Rose @ Sep 4 2010, 08:42 AM) *
Very nice! I love Skillet. You did a great job covering it!

Thanks a bunch man! I really love how Skillet is outspoken for God! smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 5 2010, 03:56 AM
Learning Roadie
Check out this hilarious video somebody did for the song!!

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Sep 7 2010, 06:40 PM
Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Sep 4 2010, 02:21 PM) *
Thanks a bunch man! I really love how Skillet is outspoken for God! smile.gif

Yeah, I love that about them! I saw them live at a Winterfest concert and they were easily the best ones there. So much energy in there live show!

That video is pretty funny too!

+Quote Post
TylerT
Sep 8 2010, 02:33 AM
Guitar Hero
Nice tone! What are you using???

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Agile Interceptor Pro 725
- EBMM John Petrucci Signature
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Hughes & Kettner Switchblade
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 8 2010, 04:24 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (TylerT @ Sep 7 2010, 08:33 PM) *
Nice tone! What are you using???

Just a Boss ME 20. smile.gif It's running through my Vox VT 30 amp. Then goes to my computer. The only way I can do it right now. Sounds okay, I think. My tone sounds even better than this, in the video, when I play in my room with just my Vox amp. But when I run it to the computer to record it (headphone jack is the only output btw sad.gif ) it sounds kinda bad. But I'm glad you like the tone!! smile.gif It's hard to get it just right for the backward way I record audio. wink.gif

Hopefully one day I'll get the money to get whatever I need to be the go-between of my amp and computer. I think some sort of interface would help. But I have no hair-brained idea what to even look for, or what I need. I know nothing of interface. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Sep 8 2010, 08:05 PM
GMC:er
I love the intro, then the thrash rhythm you really start getting into, looks like fun playing!

Nice work, rock on! cool.gif

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 8 2010, 11:20 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Sep 8 2010, 02:05 PM) *
I love the intro, then the thrash rhythm you really start getting into, looks like fun playing!

Nice work, rock on! cool.gif

Thanks! the thrash rhythm is my favorite....i love that and galloping..

+Quote Post
badfingers93
Sep 9 2010, 12:15 AM
GMC:er
Good Job! It's all in the attitude biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:08 PM