Composer Checks Out Malmsteen, Interesting
Phil66
Nov 17 2021, 09:15 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
A lot of you will understand what he's saying much more than I did but I enjoyed it anyway cool.gif

Click here if you want to go sraight to the music bu tit is interesting before that. https://youtu.be/xVTNnFAHvHw?t=579

https://youtu.be/xVTNnFAHvHw

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 19 2021, 09:23 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 17 2021, 09:36 AM
Learning Rock Star
Doug is one of my favorite reaction content creators. His first time listens of Dream Theater takes me back to when I first listened to them.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 17 2021, 03:10 PM
GMC:er
Doug's vids are pretty darn spiff. He has done several DT vids and needless to say he's always pretty impressed by them. Then again, how could one not be? I really liked this one :

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 17 2021, 04:36 AM) *
Doug is one of my favorite reaction content creators. His first time listens of Dream Theater takes me back to when I first listened to them.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 19 2021, 05:30 AM
Learning Rock Star
Here's an interesting one too. It's very long, but I enjoyed it a lot, as it took me back to when I first listened to it smile.gif If nothing else, check out the very last words here: https://youtu.be/z8r6T6kGZ2g?t=2193

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Nov 19 2021, 06:06 AM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 19 2021, 08:48 AM
Learning Roadie
I need to check out Doug to see who he is and why his reaction matters

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 19 2021, 10:59 AM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 19 2021, 07:48 AM) *
I need to check out Doug to see who he is and why his reaction matters

His reaction doesn't really "matter", it's just interesting to see a professional classical composer talk about another type of music. Imagine being able to bring Beethoven back to the living and listed to what he would say, that would be incredible. cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 19 2021, 01:26 PM
Learning Roadie
After watching it, it wasn't like normal reaction videos where they just go Wow and make faces, it was nice to hear his analysing of it.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 19 2021, 04:08 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 19 2021, 12:26 PM) *
After watching it, it wasn't like normal reaction videos where they just go Wow and make faces, it was nice to hear his analysing of it.

Yeah that's what makes them so good wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 19 2021, 07:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 19 2021, 01:26 PM) *

I don't watch these videos for the same reason . I once say a young kids thumbnail said ' never heard ac/dc before' , a few days later I saw him on Ola england channel playing in a collab playin very good rock guitar, but , I saw this guys thumbnail about diary of a madman and wanted to hear the song , so I listened ( having learned it once ) and him talking about the key changes, timing and scale changes makes for a enjoyable video.. He did not get the double harmonic solo however wink.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 19 2021, 09:35 PM
https://youtu.be/0IO-s4CClpQ

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 20 2021, 12:13 AM
Well said smile.gif It's his insightful analysis that makes his vids worth watching. So many reaction vids are just sorta lame. "Wow that's cool". etc. his vids actual involve a musical understanding of what is going on regardless of genre.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 19 2021, 04:35 PM) *

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 23 2021, 09:30 PM
Couple of interesting ones, bit of a contrast here cool.gif

https://youtu.be/1bmBbKFVRz4

https://youtu.be/IDgonx-54oc

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 24 2021, 06:15 AM
Here is he talking about Iron Maiden's use of the "Devil's Tone" the tri tone. It's a classic approach in Metal and reflects the lyrics well. I actually ended up liking this song much more after his analysis of it. That's one cool thing about what he does. He has very interesting insights that can help one appreciate music in new ways.

He pairs the sonic with the lyric and interprets all of it with a kind of textual analysis. He understands what is going on and explains it quite well. This is another cool thing he does. He helps folks understand how theory relates to what we are hearing and what we might write next.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:36 AM